• Points are back! Read about it HERE

current issues

1 - NEW PLAYERS - Players who created an account on or after Oct 15 2023 are not able to log into the forum
    2 - AWOL - We do not have an AWOL button under the ACTIVE tab yet. Please check each game to see if you are AWOL.
    3 - STUCK GAMES - Some games will not load properly. If you encounter this, please post stuck games HERE

Thanks.

• Welcome to Major Command's RISK Game forum.

If you are a registered player, please log in:

If you are new to Major Command and would like to
    play our RISK game online. Then please sign up here:

Roadmap - New Server

engineerairborne

Awesome Player
Enemies of Diplomacy
Knights of MC Realm
Los Bambinos
M.C. Clan Council
M.C. Play Testers
Kickstarter
Things seem to be going good, I have joined several games, and even completed one that the other player was AWOL when it transferred over. It was a nuke, and I used the nuke option, and everything worked good.

NewSheriffInTown

Make My Day...
CentCom
Awesome Player
M.C. Play Testers
The Wiki Bar
M.C. Youtubers
Great to hear.

Just one question for everyone:

On this site, I've noticed that the connection is lost if you don't make your turn fast enough, and you need to refresh the page. Or basically if you are on the game page and don't do anything for 30 or 40 seconds, then you need to refresh the map in order to play or send messages.

1 - has anyone else experienced that on this site?
2 - has anyone experienced that on the mew test site, or is it fixed?

thanks!

once

Awesome Player
The 'B' Squad
Generals
M.C. Clan Council
Great to hear.

Just one question for everyone:

On this site, I've noticed that the connection is lost if you don't make your turn fast enough, and you need to refresh the page. Or basically if you are on the game page and don't do anything for 30 or 40 seconds, then you need to refresh the map in order to play or send messages.

1 - has anyone else experienced that on this site?
2 - has anyone experienced that on the mew test site, or is it fixed?

thanks!
1 - absolutely
2 - for taking one's turn, i could not recreate the connection loss on the new site (waited ca. 4 mins)
for chat it is unfortunately not fixed.

i always have to refresh the page in order to see chat. sometimes a red box will show in the top right corner of the screen, i believe it says "cannot read properties of undefined", sth like that. if i then refresh the page i usually am able to read the chat. sometimes this red box will not show at all, so it happens that chat can be missed altogether if the page is not refreshed.
it has also happened repeatedly that part of the chat (that has already been there) disappears, and weirdly shows up again later. i think i have only noticed this in global chat on the old site, not team chat (but i still have to refresh the page in order to read team chat)

clock counting down turn time is also not reliable if the page is not refreshed (old & new site). to test this just now i opened two tabs of my turn, both had the same time after a refresh, but lost sync after about a minute (about 20sec difference just now)

my internet is not the most stable, but my feeling is that the new site is running noticeably slower, and i had at least one 504 gateway timeout (whatever that means).

thats the bugs i could find so far. but really really happy things are moving forward!

Last edited:

NewSheriffInTown

Make My Day...
CentCom
Awesome Player
M.C. Play Testers
The Wiki Bar
M.C. Youtubers
Great, thanks @once

I think we're on the same page.
  1. game connection time-out seems to be fixed on new-server
  2. chat connection time-out seems to be fixed on new-server
    1. although chat still needs to be refreshed to view new messages
  3. game clock still shows wrong time when changing tabs, and page need to be refreshed to show proper time again
Thanks. I just wanted to clarify that before moving on. I know there is a TON of stuff, but wanted to confirm what was different (and the same) on this new server.

periwinkle

Staff member
Awesome Player
Whiner & CryBaby
Fixed Force Club
Enemies of Diplomacy
Generals
Knights of MC Realm
The Borg
The Canadian Club
The Embassy
The Wiki Bar
T.O's.
M.C. Youtubers
Kickstarter
Looking good so far. Noticed that joining teams is more efficient...you no longer need to scroll to the center. Also we no longer get that classic mini map when we join a game :)

NewSheriffInTown

Make My Day...
CentCom
Awesome Player
M.C. Play Testers
The Wiki Bar
M.C. Youtubers
Yes, both of those were small fixes i managed to get done before the re-deployment.

- centering of popup on screen when joining a team game
- map image does not revert to mini after joining
- and joined player's names now word-wrap to new line instead of going off screen when expanding the game info

MNatt

Awesome Player
Kickstarter
Have taken turns on a couple of games where it showed as my turn - all seemed to be working fine.

Also have started a few 2-player games so if anyone joins those we can see how run.

spirop

Awesome Player
Generals
M.C. Play Testers
Old Soldiers Club
Kickstarter
Loading on the new server works smoothly, and so glad the inactivity timeout has gone away, wrote a message on the chatter,then waited a couple minutes and it still sent.
joined and unjoined a couple games without seeing any glitiches.

played and won a game I had already lost (just couldn't resist)

Played a R/T game and did notice that on this 3 minute turn game
the turn clock would start at 5 minutes then switch the turn when
it reached the 2 minute mark.
thats all for now

genghisknows

Awesome Player
M.C. Play Testers
Kickstarter
I noticed that we cannot see all of the "records" for ALL the rounds. Will that be addressed?

NewSheriffInTown

Make My Day...
CentCom
Awesome Player
M.C. Play Testers
The Wiki Bar
M.C. Youtubers
I noticed that we cannot see all of the "records" for ALL the rounds. Will that be addressed?

Yes, that was done for a reason (I forget what the reason was) but I think loading all the record history caused an issue on the old/current server so we truncated it.

I'll have to look in to why we did that, and see if the same issue still exists on the new server (after tomorrow)

Leor888

Awesome Player
Fixed Force Club
Enemies of Diplomacy
M.C. Play Testers
Kickstarter
After a 5-month delay (I apologize), we are finally ready to test our new server.

(test #2 - August 7)

Please read the following:
  • This is a test site - Nothing you do here matters - it will be wiped clean in a few days!
  • We duplicated the database yesterday, so your games look like they did very recently, but they are only duplicates of your games, not real ones!
  • These games will be deleted next week. It will NOT have an effect on the same games you play on majorcommand.com
  • Please play games, start games, finish games, do anything you want. You can even create a new account (or two or three), just go nuts and test everything - try and break it if you can.
  • The BETA/GAMES TAB is the only thing we are testing. The other tabs will link back to this site (majorcommand.com), so try not to click the other tabs or you might get lost when you wind up back here again.
That's all. Please report any issues you find with the new site below.

Here is the link to the new server - https://playriskgame.com/

Thanks, and happy testing!
I can't connect to the new server "This site can’t be reached". is it already gone?

periwinkle

Staff member
Awesome Player
Whiner & CryBaby
Fixed Force Club
Enemies of Diplomacy
Generals
Knights of MC Realm
The Borg
The Canadian Club
The Embassy
The Wiki Bar
T.O's.
M.C. Youtubers
Kickstarter
I can't connect to the new server "This site can’t be reached". is it already gone?
We are currently on the new server now :)

NewSheriffInTown

Make My Day...
CentCom
Awesome Player
M.C. Play Testers
The Wiki Bar
M.C. Youtubers

Yes and no.

You are on the new server right now. We moved everything over this morning and we are currently running games from the new server. And by "moved over", I mean changed the name.

Yesterday, majorcommand.com pointed to the old server, and today majorcommand.com points to the new server.

Meanwhile, yesterday playriskgame pointed to new server, and today playriskgame doesn't point to anything anymore, which is why you see the error message.

Hope that helps.

engineerairborne

Awesome Player
Enemies of Diplomacy
Knights of MC Realm
Los Bambinos
M.C. Clan Council
M.C. Play Testers
Kickstarter
I was able to play my games this morning with no issues looking good so far.

Leor888

Awesome Player
Fixed Force Club
Enemies of Diplomacy
M.C. Play Testers
Kickstarter
We are currently on the new server now :)
Unsure how I could know, I got an email today of message from Sheriff and the first I read from the link was the first information about a new server.
Do we really need to check the forum every day or was there a missing communication?

periwinkle

Staff member
Awesome Player
Whiner & CryBaby
Fixed Force Club
Enemies of Diplomacy
Generals
Knights of MC Realm
The Borg
The Canadian Club
The Embassy
The Wiki Bar
T.O's.
M.C. Youtubers
Kickstarter
Unsure how I could know, I got an email today of message from Sheriff and the first I read from the link was the first information about a new server.
Do we really need to check the forum every day or was there a missing communication?
No worries. There was a few changes for the last few days. It wasn't important of you participated or not in the testing part. The important part is you are all caught up now :)

So in summary, the site is on a new server. If you missed the testing phase or wondering what happened...no worries, that has been complete now.

Play on and carry on! :)

Leor888

Awesome Player
Fixed Force Club
Enemies of Diplomacy
M.C. Play Testers
Kickstarter
No worries. There was a few changes for the last few days. It wasn't important of you participated or not in the testing part. The important part is you are all caught up now :)

So in summary, the site is on a new server. If you missed the testing phase or wondering what happened...no worries, that has been complete now.

Play on and carry on! :)
no worries Peri, but it is strange that I didn't get an email of the same thread last week (when testing appeared to start) and got an email today and when I opened the link it directed me to the page 6 where the server was mentioned.
So it started confusing and went into 'annoying'.

But all good, hopefully other improvements and re-applying previous functionality will come soon.

bilsi

Awesome Player
Fixed Force Club
Los Bambinos
M.C. Play Testers
Old Soldiers Club
The Borg
The Canadian Club
Last edited: