• Points are back! Read about it HERE

current issues

1 - NEW PLAYERS - Players who created an account on or after Oct 15 2023 are not able to log into the forum
    2 - AWOL - We do not have an AWOL button under the ACTIVE tab yet. Please check each game to see if you are AWOL.
    3 - STUCK GAMES - Some games will not load properly. If you encounter this, please post stuck games HERE

Thanks.

• Welcome to Major Command's RISK Game forum.

If you are a registered player, please log in:

If you are new to Major Command and would like to
    play our RISK game online. Then please sign up here:

Mexican-American War Feedback Thread

calume

Awesome Player
Generals
M.C. Play Testers
Old Soldiers Club
The Canadian Club
League of Gentlepeople
T.O's.
Beside getting one of the worst beating ever, map is great, keep up the good work, soon to be some Conquistador theme tourneys

Shepherd

Studio Production Manager
CentCom
O.G.
Awesome Player
AADOMM
M.C. Play Testers
thanks for the positive feedback. The notion of changing the ship to 2 seems to be getting about 50% support. I'm not married to it as it is, so whatevs.

There's also no reason it has to begin as a neutral. Since there are 61 regions, however, something will always start neutral - seems like it makes sense for the ship to be.

NewSheriffInTown

Make My Day...
CentCom
Awesome Player
M.C. Play Testers
The Wiki Bar
M.C. Youtubers
Some people were wondering about points during these test games, I forgot to mention that yes, points will be won and lost just like in any normal game. Sorry, no free rides, play to win!

ndrm31

Awesome Player
Cosa Nostra
Fixed Force Club
Assassins Guild
Enemies of Diplomacy
Knights of MC Realm
M.C. Play Testers
The Borg
League of Gentlepeople
T.O's.
oh that ship!!! it just took me arround 10 troops to come across it to break gulf coast comand :( my vote is for 2 troops on it now, or even to sink it XD

batalla_naval2.gif

Edit of topic: naval battle could be an interesting idea for a map

Last edited:

LordAdef

Awesome Player
Assassins Guild
M.C. Play Testers
The Borg
You know, I 've been watching the tournament's game and thinking..

You must make the Ship thing more atractive. I vote for 2 there too.

Another interesting thought would be making it a plus 1 bonus for the Golf Coast command (not the US). Since the ship is one way, it would make it an interesting feature.

SubwayatNight

Awesome Player
Generals
Knights of MC Realm
The Duellers Society
I really think this map looks great but I'm having trouble seeing which rivers are passable and which are not. The territory lines also follow river patterns so it looks a bit confusing at first when distinguishing between rivers and territories.

The Gulf Coast and Republic of Texas colors are also a bit too similar and it looks like the same territory at first.

riskyone

Awesome Player
Whiner & CryBaby
Fixed Force Club
Enemies of Diplomacy
Generals
Knights of MC Realm
M.C. Play Testers
Old Soldiers Club
The Borg
Kickstarter
I think two neutral on the ship, but I do like the one way aspect of the ship. Very nice map

TheGeneral

Awesome Player
Whiner & CryBaby
Fixed Force Club
Generals
Knights of MC Realm
M.C. Play Testers
The Borg
T.O's.
I really like the map but the brown square lines i find just a little to prominent. Would it be possible to tone them down slightly. I also like the history element and agree that it should not be brushed under the carpet...

Shepherd

CentCom
O.G.
Awesome Player
AADOMM
M.C. Play Testers
I really think this map looks great but I'm having trouble seeing which rivers are passable and which are not. The territory lines also follow river patterns so it looks a bit confusing at first when distinguishing between rivers and territories.
A few days ago I lightened the lines on the rivers that run through the regions to reduce the confusion. Everybody make sure you clear your browser's cache and reload your games to be sure that you are playing on the latest version.

Let me know if it's still confusing after the cache dump, and specifically where the problems are.

I really like the map but the brown square lines i find just a little to prominent. Would it be possible to tone them down slightly. I also like the history element and agree that it should not be brushed under the carpet...
Do you mean the latitude/longitude grid lines? If so, that's an easy fix.

TheGeneral

Awesome Player
Whiner & CryBaby
Fixed Force Club
Generals
Knights of MC Realm
M.C. Play Testers
The Borg
T.O's.
Yup, longitude and latitude. They're the kiddies.

flyboi

Awesome Player
M.C. Play Testers
Oh, I didn't notice that before. Nice touch.

Shepherd

CentCom
O.G.
Awesome Player
AADOMM
M.C. Play Testers
Minor visual edits made, as well as a change to the attack patterns from the Navy. It was discovered that with the one-way attacks there was no way to reinforce to or from the Navy. It is now a two-way attack with Louisiana.

I'm also setting the Navy to a 2 neutral start.

Clear your browser's cache to see these changes.

Tapeworm

Awesome Player
Cosa Nostra
M.C. Play Testers
The Wiki Bar
T.O's.
Barbara has dysentery. Nice touch.

Shepherd

CentCom
O.G.
Awesome Player
AADOMM
M.C. Play Testers
You have cholera.

ndrm31

Awesome Player
Cosa Nostra
Fixed Force Club
Assassins Guild
Enemies of Diplomacy
Knights of MC Realm
M.C. Play Testers
The Borg
League of Gentlepeople
T.O's.
no not the navy :( it was an tnteresting twist one way attack, if u avance all u can use your troops to reinforce!

NewSheriffInTown

Make My Day...
CentCom
Awesome Player
M.C. Play Testers
The Wiki Bar
M.C. Youtubers
The Navy is still one-way to Mexico, it is two-way to US. You can not attack the Navy from Mexico.

OneEyed

Awesome Player
the map has MC standard,so it looks great. :top:

but I am sorry the map has with Mexican-American War very little. this is map of the south-west USA and north Mexico in the year 1846. the war itself is not here, except one one-way assault throught ship.

I know now it is late for any changes, but there is possibility to bring war to the map.

1, the Republic of Texas could be reduced to regions Gulf Coast, Austin, Robertson, Red River.
the regions San Patricio, Bexar, Range of the Commanch, Rio Puerco, Santa Fe could be Disputed territory. it could be new command. or it could be as no bonus command, but victory condition command. (maybe -1 autodecay?)

2, if there would be more one-way attacks it could bring feeling of army movement. there was USA who invated not only Disputed territory, but also Mexico. maybe one/two more one-way attacks on land could help.

OneEyed

Shepherd

CentCom
O.G.
Awesome Player
AADOMM
M.C. Play Testers
completely true, the actual fighting of the Mexican American War took place in a very small segment of this map. If we'd made a map of simply the battles of the war, this map would be little more than the land surrounding the Rio Grande and the invasion force at Veracruz which took Mexico City.

However, as I have explained, the theme of this map is the expansion of the United States across the continent. I thought there was value in showing the immense territory that was a part of Mexico before the Treaty of Guadalupe Hidalgo ceded all of Texas, Alta California, New Mexico, etc. to the US.

As for the specific questions:

1. We can't do victory commands at the site at the moment.

2. Covering the map with one-way attacks may be true to the war, but would make for bad gameplay.

NewSheriffInTown

Make My Day...
CentCom
Awesome Player
M.C. Play Testers
The Wiki Bar
M.C. Youtubers
the map has MC standard,so it looks great. :top:

Thanks! and Thanks to Shep!

completely true, the actual fighting of the Mexican American War took place in a very small segment of this map. If we'd made a map of simply the battles of the war, this map would be little more than the land surrounding the Rio Grande and the invasion force at Veracruz which took Mexico City.

However, as I have explained, the theme of this map is the expansion of the United States across the continent. I thought there was value in showing the immense territory that was a part of Mexico before the Treaty of Guadalupe Hidalgo ceded all of Texas, Alta California, New Mexico, etc. to the US.

As for the specific questions:

1. We can't do victory commands at the site at the moment.

2. Covering the map with one-way attacks may be true to the war, but would make for bad gameplay.

Exactly-fb.jpg