• Points are back! Read about it HERE

current issues

1 - NEW PLAYERS - Players who created an account on or after Oct 15 2023 are not able to log into the forum
    2 - AWOL - We do not have an AWOL button under the ACTIVE tab yet. Please check each game to see if you are AWOL.
    3 - STUCK GAMES - Some games will not load properly. If you encounter this, please post stuck games HERE

Thanks.

• Welcome to Major Command's RISK Game forum.

If you are a registered player, please log in:

If you are new to Major Command and would like to
    play our RISK game online. Then please sign up here:

How about an unoffish MajCom Casual League?

RedBridgeBeach

Awesome Player
Cass and I shall be known as Les Assassins des Fauteuils Rollents, and I guess we'll take brown.

Very cool name but for accurate french it would go: Les Assassins des Fauteuils Roulants

You guys do whatever you want, I'm just saying...

Last edited:

RedBridgeBeach

Awesome Player
grons and I shall be referred to as The Magnificent Bastards

That is all.

samular

Ambassador
Awesome Player
Very cool name but for accurate french it would go: Les Assassins des Fauteuils Roulants

You guys do whatever you want, I'm just saying...

Not to steal any of Incandenza's 20-something-intellectual-thunder, but the name is taken from the novel Infinite Jest, which I guess intentionally misspelled French things. Never read it. Just full of trivia.

But now I might change your name to The Pedantic Bastards for this...

RedBridgeBeach

Awesome Player
Wikipedia proves you right my friend. Seems like quite an interesting novel. Also interesting to find out that part of the characters is the Incandenza Family...

Incandenza

Minister of Propaganda
O.G.
Awesome Player
Not to steal any of Incandenza's 20-something-intellectual-thunder, but the name is taken from the novel Infinite Jest, which I guess intentionally misspelled French things. Never read it. Just full of trivia.

Entertainingly, I was indeed a 20-something intellectual when I first read it, it's one of my all-time favorites (as evidenced by my handle).

samular

Ambassador
Awesome Player
Here are your division assignments. I still need mp13 & lh34's team name.

Middle-Earth Division
1. Quadruple Anarchy: rakatac & samular
2. Team Douchebag: zsp & Thunderous
3. Les Assassins des Fauteuils Rollents: Incandenza & Cassidy
4. <noname>: lh34 & mp13

Narnia Division
1. Team V.O.C.: Daan & landmine
2. The Magnificent Bastards: RedBridgeBeach & grons
3. Los Conquistadores: Jewmowrestler & dradxhoran
4. MeanMachine: jeymo & madsanders

lh34

Awesome Player
Sorry, haven't had time to talk with mp13 about a team name, just call us team noname for now.

lh34

Awesome Player
We finally communicated and decided that we will be Team Armarium

Jewmowrestler

Awesome Player
how will the maps work out? will there be basic parameters and whoever is the "home team" will get to make the final decision as to map, forts, # of forts, etc?

samular

Ambassador
Awesome Player
The 'home' team gets to pick the map and all settings.

I did belatedly realize that making cooperative decisions on map and settings choices may sometimes be a pain in the dick. So I suppose I'd recommend that you message partner about settings you hate and hash out who will do the creating and inviting for which game (or perhaps decide on some settings you'd always like to use for your home games)

I will be making an definitive new thread for the league with all the rules, etc. today or tomorrow. I'll try to get the ball rolling by the end of the week.