• Points are back! Read about it HERE

current issues

1 - NEW PLAYERS - Players who created an account on or after Oct 15 2023 are not able to log into the forum
    2 - AWOL - We do not have an AWOL button under the ACTIVE tab yet. Please check each game to see if you are AWOL.
    3 - STUCK GAMES - Some games will not load properly. If you encounter this, please post stuck games HERE

Thanks.

• Welcome to Major Command's RISK Game forum.

If you are a registered player, please log in:

If you are new to Major Command and would like to
    play our RISK game online. Then please sign up here:

Honor

WPBRJ

Awesome Player
Fixed Force Club
M.C. Play Testers
i was wondering is there a way to find out who ranked you honorable or dishonorable? haven't been here all that long and i have a 33(10) witch if i am correct by saying that means 7 people ranked me dishonorable and 3 honorable i find this hard to beleave i think i only called one player a idiot and told him he had no clue on how to play this game so far.

it would be nice to see who is doing these poor ranks and be able to ask them why if there is no way to tell the system will never work due to there are no checks and balances.

Chilly

Administrator
CentCom
Awesome Player
Whiner & CryBaby
M.C. Play Testers
That would be worse, because then it would open the system up to petty retribution.

IMO, a better solution (which I have suggested a few times) would to have a decay factor, whereby old ratings disappear (and revert to neutral) after a set amount of time. This would allow one to realistically repair one's honor.

Upvote 0

FLAGG

Awesome Player
M.C. Play Testers
The Borg
I think the Honor system is pointless. It is so often used by someone upset by losing. Or friends rate all their friends honorable, regardless of play. It is often good to see the diplomacy rating of 1000 or less.

HOWEVER..........

If a system must be in place................I really like Chilly's idea.

Flagg

Upvote 0

Chilly

Administrator
CentCom
Awesome Player
Whiner & CryBaby
M.C. Play Testers
For the record, here are the two previous posts I made on this topic.

Post 34213
Post 38131

One of my main points (issues) is that, over time, the current system will tend to cause players honor rating to develop so much inertia (either good or bad) that new ratings make little to no difference and thus do not represent the current state of a players honor.

Outside of that, I actually like the system.

Upvote 0

ladynem

Awesome Player
I think Chilly's suggestion is a nice one.

Flagg, I see the 'friends' thing the other way around - people become 'friends' because you like how someone plays. Personally I don't know anyone here IRL, my MajCom 'friends' are 'friends' because I enjoyed playing with them and therefor I of course rated them honorable :)

Upvote 0

FLAGG

Awesome Player
M.C. Play Testers
The Borg
Lady,

Yes - you are right........'friends' here are not in real life for me either. So it is fair for people that actually have friends on this site IRL, to be able to vote with the current honor system? There are lots of question marks with the system..........

For instance, If we are going to use it, LETS USE IT. It should be a requirement to set base ratings for players before making your first move, IF we are really going to do it. If you don't know someone leave them neutral. Adjust players throughout the game. At least then, you would force people to start rating people.

Otherwise, What about all the people that ignore the system, or don't know how it works. Or people like me, that gave it a shot at first, but now rarely bother.

Chilly's system is probably a great idea to try. At least better then we have now.

--------------------------

I enjoyed the last game we were in together, Ladynem. I will be your friend, and rate you honorable if I find myself in a game with you. You can decide if that was honorable, or a way to gain a vote from you :)

Personally I still think the system is pretty useless in the way I think most people use it - which could be maliciously, or simply not using it........

FLAGG

Upvote 0

Robinette

omigod, totally bitchen, furshur, furshur
Awesome Player
M.C. Play Testers
Robinette:
Honor: 100(19)
Diplomacy: 1000(0)​

Well I must say that i feel this honor rating system seems to me to be working completely and totally perfect, a consummate representation and absolutely flawless in every conceivable way :flute:

:laugh: just kidding... :ciao:

Upvote 0

Badorties

Boss General (Retired on a Desert Island)
O.G.
Awesome Player
Gentlemen of Leisure
AADOMM
M.C. Play Testers
The Embassy
The Wiki Bar
The goal of the honor system is not to highlight those who are honorable, like Robinette, but to identify those who are not. The dishonorable ratings will be far more numerous than honerable, which it should be. However chillys suggest is tops on the list of improvements.

Upvote 0

FLAGG

Awesome Player
M.C. Play Testers
The Borg
Awesome!

Hey Badorties - it is great to see you posting on the forum again!

Thanks,

Flagg

Upvote 0

johnjdc

Awesome Player
While we're on this topic, what I would find really helpful would be a way to distinguish when I play someone whether they are rated Neutral because I have never played with them before, or whether I have played with them and found them neither notably honorable nor dishonorable. But I appreciate it's not likely to be a major priority!

Upvote 0

B1G4NF

Awesome Player
As a veteran player I've found that only the really LOW honour scores are of note.

I also agree with Chilly and have posted my approval each time the suggestion has come up...

A question occurred to me this time though... Are the ratings of any players that have left the site still applied to ones score?

As an extension to Chillys' already awesome idea could the ratings of long term inactive players automatically be removed ones Honour score?

I feel this would go further toward providing a truer reflection of ones honour.

... ALSO...

An extra column under the Personnel tab stating the number of times, if any, you have faced each of your opponents.

Upvote 0

rob6483

Awesome Player
As a veteran player I've found that only the really LOW honour scores are of note.

I agree with that mostly. Anything below a 30 or so sends up a red flag for me. Anything about a 70 is usually fine. Anything betwen 30 and 70 is completely random.

I like the ideas being tossed around. I'd like to see B1G4NF's "inactives removed" rule implemented for sure. I think that would eliminate a lot of the petty "I lost so you're dishonorable" votes. As far as the decay... I don't know about that. It seems like you can repair your score just by playing more games. It won't ever be perfect, but that's okay. Not many people are perfect 100% of the time. Unless you're OCD and have an honor score of 100... But I mean, really, who does that? :laugh:

Last edited:
Upvote 0

WPBRJ

Awesome Player
Fixed Force Club
M.C. Play Testers
ok this happened to me what should i do?

in a 4 player game i killed every one except one territory and it was blank and it showed a a player owned it with no men on it. so i was unable to kill the last player he had 3 cards and the next match was worth 28 men. i stated in chat that i could not kill him and from reading forum all he had to do is go awol or just deploy his reinforcements on and i could kill next turn. he played his turn and turned in a match and took over half the map and took bonus i was unable to break.

is this honorable or dishonorable?

Upvote 0

Cardinalsrule

Administrator
Staff member
CentCom
Awesome Player
Whiner & CryBaby
Fixed Force Club
AADOMM
Assassins Guild
Enemies of Diplomacy
Generals
Knights of MC Realm
M.C. Clan Council
M.C. Play Testers
The Borg
The Embassy
T.O's.
Kickstarter
I'd say that was pretty crappy

Upvote 0

PackerHawkeye

Awesome Player
M.C. Play Testers
The Borg
The Duellers Society
Dishonorable if he actually understood what you are saying. Did he seem to understand English?

Upvote 0

WPBRJ

Awesome Player
Fixed Force Club
M.C. Play Testers
Dishonorable if he actually understood what you are saying. Did he seem to understand English?

ok i have to retract the statement his 2nd go around he posted in chat i think it was just a miss by him and he skipped his turn. i was surprised by his actions tho he is a stand up guy and it really caught me off guard.

honorable for sure

Upvote 0

crush1900

Awesome Player
Originally Posted by B1G4NF

A question occurred to me this time though... Are the ratings of any players that have left the site still applied to ones score?

As an extension to Chillys' already awesome idea could the ratings of long term inactive players automatically be removed ones Honour score?
That's a good idea. Maybe as well if your honor falls below say 20 or so then maybe you should lose the ability to rate other players or if your honor falls under 35 your vote only counts as half. Maybe that might encourage some players to be nicer. Just a thought.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Robinette

omigod, totally bitchen, furshur, furshur
Awesome Player
M.C. Play Testers
Robinette:
Honor: 100(19)
Diplomacy: 1000(0)​

Well I must say that i feel this honor rating system seems to me to be working completely and totally perfect, a consummate representation and absolutely flawless in every conceivable way :flute:

:laugh: just kidding... :ciao:

oh my gaaaaawd...

My REPUTATION IS TARNISHED!!!

I now have a 96(26) Honor score...

But but but... I am PURE, PURE I SAY...
That star football player climbing out my window last Friday night was... was... errr.. he was my cousin,
yeah that's it... my cousin... and he he he,,, he just need me to clean his jersey...
SO YOU SEE, NOTHING COULD HAVE HAPPENED!

So whoever is spreading these rumors that my honor has been compromised needs to STOP!

Upvote 0

stone123

Awesome Player
Cosa Nostra
M.C. Play Testers
Honour is an opinion and cant really be voted on...in my opinion.

Someone who has a low score may have been very honourable in one game with certain players and not in another with other players...so is not a true reflection of them. I have payed against players with low scores and found them to be fine. So i never really got the idea of the scoring system as its open to all sorts of factors...none that are really detrimental to the game.

As someone else said in the beginning of the post it encourages petty grudge scoring.

This site would far benefit from stat counters..how many kills... how many wins ...medals ..etc.. but in real time when you play a game

I know i dont have the best score..same as my diplomacy score but anyone who knows me (regular players) know im pretty solid and am honourable.

My low score for diplomacy is due to a few non serious new comers who were messing aound and had no respect for this game and broke my diplomaces ...so i did the same when i met them again...payback if you will....well i was angry. So judge me he he

However as i said its not a true reflection.

An idea for when the site is re vamped maybe instead of a voting system that everyone can see, how about a `PLAYER NOTES` box that u can make notes of them. Same as on some poker sites.

Upvote 0