• Points are back! Read about it HERE

current issues

1 - NEW PLAYERS - Players who created an account on or after Oct 15 2023 are not able to log into the forum
    2 - AWOL - We do not have an AWOL button under the ACTIVE tab yet. Please check each game to see if you are AWOL.
    3 - STUCK GAMES - Some games will not load properly. If you encounter this, please post stuck games HERE

Thanks.

• Welcome to Major Command's RISK Game forum.

If you are a registered player, please log in:

If you are new to Major Command and would like to
    play our RISK game online. Then please sign up here:

Honor rating?

Cardinalsrule

Administrator
Staff member
CentCom
Awesome Player
Whiner & CryBaby
Fixed Force Club
AADOMM
Assassins Guild
Enemies of Diplomacy
Generals
Knights of MC Realm
M.C. Clan Council
M.C. Play Testers
The Borg
The Embassy
T.O's.
Kickstarter
Could someone in Majcom Command please give us a quick explanation of what the honors number means? And perhaps how it is calculated? I'm currently a little over 200, is that good? mediocre? poor?

Cardinalsrule

Administrator
Staff member
CentCom
Awesome Player
Whiner & CryBaby
Fixed Force Club
AADOMM
Assassins Guild
Enemies of Diplomacy
Generals
Knights of MC Realm
M.C. Clan Council
M.C. Play Testers
The Borg
The Embassy
T.O's.
Kickstarter
hey Flagg, do like I do. When you play someone who plays honorably (like yourself) rate them honorable, as I have with you. When you play someone with less than honorable history (ie. a less than 1000 diplo rating) rate them dishonorable.

I rate players with a reasonable history on the site and 1000 score honorable, and players with less than 1000 dishonorable. I also don't worry about my score, I have 1000 (0), so anyone who rates me dishonorable is in all likelyhood just a sore loser.

Upvote 0

masterjskye

Level ∞: Shadow Master
CentCom
Awesome Player
Generals
League of Shadows
M.C. Play Testers
The Embassy
T.O's.
If someone plays honorably, I vote them honorable. If not I vote them dishonorable. To just base it on their diplomacy score without them actually doing something to deserve it in the game you play with them.. well its not the way I do it anyway. I don't have a full 1000 (0), but thats because the warning message never came up the first time I went to attack someone I had an agreement with so it was really an accident. It's happened to others as well so I'm not so quick to judge.

Upvote 0

FLAGG

Awesome Player
M.C. Play Testers
The Borg
So........if I started doing this.........there seems to be some confusion on this of how it works on this thread. Maybe Evan or someone could clarify. Let me ask a few basic questions:

1) Can you vote once, for every opponent you play, in every game? Or can you only vote, for or against, a select opponent once (no matter how many times you play them, even if you change your opinion about them over time).

2) Can you change your vote during the game? Or once you have cast it, is it done.

3) Is there anyway to see who voted you honorable or dishonorable, and in which game it was in reference to? I would like the chance to go back and review the games that I was voted dishonorable. See if it was someone who I just beat, or if I really did something wrong. If I did something wrong I would like to be able to send people private messages apologizing for my play. I consider myself honorable - if I have not been I want to know so I can change?

4) Once you have cast the vote, or the game has ended, is there anyway you can go back and change your vote? Or is it sealed in stone forever.

----------------------

I am still not sure if I am going to partake in this honor stuff. I guess I could start rating everyone, and posting a message reminding people to rate me and tell them when I gave them a good rating. If that is the game people are playing now.............still seems rather childish to me.

But thanks, in advance, for answering my my 4 questions above. At least I will understand how it works.

Thank you,

Flagg

Upvote 0

Cardinalsrule

Administrator
Staff member
CentCom
Awesome Player
Whiner & CryBaby
Fixed Force Club
AADOMM
Assassins Guild
Enemies of Diplomacy
Generals
Knights of MC Realm
M.C. Clan Council
M.C. Play Testers
The Borg
The Embassy
T.O's.
Kickstarter
You make a good point, master. However, for people with MORE than one treaty break, I think my method is reasonable. I see people with numbers in the 700, 800 range. I don't need to be personally screwed over by them to know that they don't play honorably.

But, basically, I don't worry too much about it. If someone wants to rate me dishonorable, let them. I think there's too much 'hidden' and ambiguous in that rating for it to mean anything anyway. We don't even know what the scores mean.... is an 80 good? bad? I don't know..... the thing is a freakin' 'black box'. If the powers that be aren't going to publish some more info about how the numbers are calculated and what they mean, the entire thing is meaningless, IMO

Upvote 0

FLAGG

Awesome Player
M.C. Play Testers
The Borg
So no one can answer my 4 simple questions posted in #43 above????

I guess I will continue NOT to use this system. I really don't know how it works..........

FLAGG

Upvote 0

KungFuDuet

Kung Fu Master
CentCom
Awesome Player
AADOMM
M.C. Play Testers
The Wiki Bar
M.C. Youtubers
So no one can answer my 4 simple questions posted in #43 above????

I guess I will continue NOT to use this system. I really don't know how it works..........

FLAGG

1) You can only vote once on a player, but you can change your opinion about them in a different game if you are playing against them. ie, if you voted someone as dishonorable in one, but then want to change, it will delete your last vote and put your new vote in.

2) works on the same principle with the first, if you change your vote, it will take away your first, and register the second. So yes, you can change your vote through out the game.

3) Unfortunately there is not a way to check who had voted for or against you. but you can do the reverse, check who you have voted for or against in the setting (just within the top right hand corner)

4) you can change your vote during the game, or in any other game that is currently still going, with that player in it. But you cannot go into any inactive games (ie awaiting or Archived games) and vote. So it is seal in stone forever... only if you don't ever play against or with that same player again.

Upvote 0

FLAGG

Awesome Player
M.C. Play Testers
The Borg
THANKS Kung Fu! You answer explains a lot. Not I have to think about if I am going to really use this system. But at least I have an idea now how it works.

Thanks, Flagg

Upvote 0

Grays20

Awesome Player
So how does one get an Honor rating of 88, and a diplomacy of 940? I hear that it is undergoing revisons , but is it possible to get some basics explained?

Upvote 0

Cardinalsrule

Administrator
Staff member
CentCom
Awesome Player
Whiner & CryBaby
Fixed Force Club
AADOMM
Assassins Guild
Enemies of Diplomacy
Generals
Knights of MC Realm
M.C. Clan Council
M.C. Play Testers
The Borg
The Embassy
T.O's.
Kickstarter
have to say, if you have a diplomacy rating of 940 but an honor rating MUCH higher than a lot of players that I know who have NEVER broken a treaty (myself included) I have to agree with Dread.

Upvote 0

Badorties

Boss General (Retired on a Desert Island)
O.G.
Awesome Player
Gentlemen of Leisure
AADOMM
M.C. Play Testers
The Embassy
The Wiki Bar
the honor rating system is not that effective because many people don't use it. WE haven't really promoted it or pushed it. but we will shortly. still, all good feedback here.

Upvote 0

Dreadnought

Awesome Player
Who is this dishonorable player who keeps all his truces?

Who is this dishonorable player who keeps all his truces? I´m just asking because I really dont think this score represents anything for anyone and the only thing its doing is bugging me.

Attachments

• Who is this dishonorable player who keeps all his truces.PNG
    Who is this dishonorable player who keeps all his truces.PNG
    90.6 KB · Views: 89
Upvote 0

Badorties

Boss General (Retired on a Desert Island)
O.G.
Awesome Player
Gentlemen of Leisure
AADOMM
M.C. Play Testers
The Embassy
The Wiki Bar
The diplo rating is just a metric of whether they keep truces, that's it. People could rate a player dishonorable if they were rude in the chat, suicided, or other dickish moves.

Upvote 0

FLAGG

Awesome Player
M.C. Play Testers
The Borg
I agree fully with Dreadnought. Get rid of it. It is pointless.

That attached thumbnail picture above I think looks something like mine. I have never broken a treaty. I have never asked anyone to give me a great honor rating - even thought I think a lot of people out there think I am honorable.

I believe some people, who have lost to me on various games, have downgraded my honor rating as a last thing they could do before losing.

Therefore having an honor rating based totally on opinions of other people, just seems totally pointless. Anyone could be a 'loose cannon' and just downgrade everyones honor just to do it - like someone who goes out first in a 12 person game and is irritated about it. This rating system is pointless.

I could write all the players that I like, at the start of each game, and beg them to please please please give me an honorable rating. This would take time out of each game, and be pointless once again. Now people are not rating my play on THAT GAME, but rating if they like me or not.

I have decided to try to ignore the number I have and the honor system, and everyone elses. I have not voted anyone either way in a game. It takes away from my time and overall enjoyment of the game play.

I think we should abandon the honor system - unless we can figure out some way (like the diplomacy system) where your rating is very black and white - not determined by the whim of other players.....

FLAGG

Upvote 0

Bluebonnet

Awesome Player
Enemies of Diplomacy
Knights of MC Realm
The Duellers Society
I like the honor rating. Some people never play anything other than head to head so their diplo score is perfect. But they may ahve a honor rating of 15%. I have played a couple of those people and prefer not too in the future.

Some of the attributes of a <15% honor.
-Leaves game after single turn.
-Cursing
-Blaming bad dice on their ill fated loss.
-Leave games before they are over

So what if there are a few people that don't use it right. The core reason is valid. Just don't expect a 100% honor rating for anyone.

Upvote 0

Chilly

Administrator
CentCom
Awesome Player
Whiner & CryBaby
M.C. Play Testers
I find it amusing that I still don't have five votes. Heh.

Upvote 0

Cardinalsrule

Administrator
Staff member
CentCom
Awesome Player
Whiner & CryBaby
Fixed Force Club
AADOMM
Assassins Guild
Enemies of Diplomacy
Generals
Knights of MC Realm
M.C. Clan Council
M.C. Play Testers
The Borg
The Embassy
T.O's.
Kickstarter
nobody likes you, Chilly..... ;P

I mean, I've got 29 votes. 'course, my score is only 72, so apparently all the votes aren't exactly favorable, lol

Last edited:
Upvote 0

mark

Awesome Player

Couldn't this be seen as an Ebay/Amazon recommendation experience? I buy something on either site and I get semi-frequent reminders to go back and rate the product/seller. Sometimes I do, if the product/seller was particularly good/bad. But if the experience was not out of the ordinary then I usually don't rate them at all. I just can't be bothered.

Both WidowMakers and Chilly should probably feel good that they aren't calling huge attention to themselves in games, even ones they win.

Mostly I am also ignoring the Honor rating. If I see a person with a really low honor (under 70?, not sure since I still don't fully grok the calculation) but a good diplo (at least 970) I might be more wary of diplo messages and non-diplo-agreement understandings. Otherwise there is too much variability in what each person on this site feels is honorable. I've played with several people who think ganging up on the strongest player (not highest ranked as often complained about in the forums) is dishonorable. I see that as an acceptable tactic. But I am sure that at least one of my dishonorable hits comes from those players. So in their mind I am a dishonorable.

BTW, I want to tell everyone about an honorable thing Shepherd did in a 12 domains game. After the great outage of '12, he voluntarily, without checking with the rest of the players first, confined his attacks to a neutral for that round. I and Kamandu acknowledged following suit. To me this action is the height of honor in this game. By not taking advantage of an error beyond the control of other players, Shepherd showed himself to care more about the community and the game than the points and the glory.

There is a place for raising up those who act in a fair and just manner and castigating those who do not. I'm just not sure the current system is functioning as the designers hoped.

Upvote 0

Cardinalsrule

Administrator
Staff member
CentCom
Awesome Player
Whiner & CryBaby
Fixed Force Club
AADOMM
Assassins Guild
Enemies of Diplomacy
Generals
Knights of MC Realm
M.C. Clan Council
M.C. Play Testers
The Borg
The Embassy
T.O's.
Kickstarter
It was a great moment when Shep only attacked a neut so as to not take advantage. I believe that everyone in the game followed suit, although all of us didn't mention it. :)

Upvote 0