• Points are back! Read about it HERE

current issues

1 - NEW PLAYERS - Players who created an account on or after Oct 15 2023 are not able to log into the forum
    2 - AWOL - We do not have an AWOL button under the ACTIVE tab yet. Please check each game to see if you are AWOL.
    3 - STUCK GAMES - Some games will not load properly. If you encounter this, please post stuck games HERE

Thanks.

• Welcome to Major Command's RISK Game forum.

If you are a registered player, please log in:

If you are new to Major Command and would like to
    play our RISK game online. Then please sign up here:

Honor rating?

Cardinalsrule

Administrator
Staff member
CentCom
Awesome Player
Whiner & CryBaby
Fixed Force Club
AADOMM
Assassins Guild
Enemies of Diplomacy
Generals
Knights of MC Realm
M.C. Clan Council
M.C. Play Testers
The Borg
The Embassy
T.O's.
Kickstarter
Could someone in Majcom Command please give us a quick explanation of what the honors number means? And perhaps how it is calculated? I'm currently a little over 200, is that good? mediocre? poor?

masterjskye

Level ∞: Shadow Master
CentCom
Awesome Player
Generals
League of Shadows
M.C. Play Testers
The Embassy
T.O's.
Yes and maybe could explain how you can lose 50 honour points over the course of one 3 person match? One guy went awol and I beat the other guy, but surely his rating of me alone can't deduct a whole 50 points?

Upvote 0

Evan

Jr. Programmer I
O.G.
Awesome Player
M.C. Play Testers
Yes and maybe could explain how you can lose 50 honour points over the course of one 3 person match? One guy went awol and I beat the other guy, but surely his rating of me alone can't deduct a whole 50 points?

You cant necessarily attribute it to that game. Honor ratings are delayed by an unspecified amount before "counting" towards honor score, to prevent identifying those who rate you in effort to avoid retribution ratings.

Upvote 0

Badorties

Boss General (Retired on a Desert Island)
O.G.
Awesome Player
Gentlemen of Leisure
AADOMM
M.C. Play Testers
The Embassy
The Wiki Bar
The honor rating is currently undergoing some changes... so pay no attention to current ratings.

Upvote 0

thone

Awesome Player
Gentlemen of Leisure
M.C. Play Testers
The Embassy
The Wiki Bar
And how will this work :D,

just curious,

Now i have like 100 rating, and i've seen others with over 1000. so i dont really get it :p

Upvote 0

Badorties

O.G.
Awesome Player
Gentlemen of Leisure
AADOMM
M.C. Play Testers
The Embassy
The Wiki Bar
pay no attention to it right now, its being adjusted.

Upvote 0

murphy16

Awesome Player
Can you see how others rated you? And has it been fully adjusted by this point?

Upvote 0

thone

Awesome Player
Gentlemen of Leisure
M.C. Play Testers
The Embassy
The Wiki Bar
cool, the number of votes just give a indication?

I would be great if you could go over the 100. And by that you could have a scoreboard, 'Most Honorable players'.

But now it doest a good job, indicating if players are kind/ friendly/ honorable

Upvote 0

Badorties

O.G.
Awesome Player
Gentlemen of Leisure
AADOMM
M.C. Play Testers
The Embassy
The Wiki Bar
The way honor is calculated is this

(#of honorable votes) - (# of dishonorable votes) / (Total votes) is the percentage. And the number is honor minus dishonor.

So Thone and edsdad are 100(6). Meaning 6 people have voted them honorable. If one person voted them dishonorable, it would be 85(5).

100 is the best you can hope for. but a 95(50) is much better than a 100(5) since you need some 50+ honorable votes for the former, which is hard to do.

Upvote 0

masterjskye

Level ∞: Shadow Master
CentCom
Awesome Player
Generals
League of Shadows
M.C. Play Testers
The Embassy
T.O's.
So this means if one person votes you dishonorable, no matter how many Honorable votes you get after that you can never hit 100?

Upvote 0

Badorties

O.G.
Awesome Player
Gentlemen of Leisure
AADOMM
M.C. Play Testers
The Embassy
The Wiki Bar
So this means if one person votes you dishonorable, no matter how many Honorable votes you get after that you can never hit 100?
Well the ratings expire after a certain period of time, but 100% wont be the metric of great honor. We will have a score board thank rank people by (percentage)(votes). So a 80(45) will be better than a 100(8).

Upvote 0

Chilly

Administrator
CentCom
Awesome Player
Whiner & CryBaby
M.C. Play Testers
If I understand how the system works, you can't rate someone after the game has been completed.

I'd also like to see the opportunity to rate someone after a game has ended (at least for like 24 hours or so).

There are times that someone might behave dishonorably and in doing so, end the game and remove one's ability to rate them.

I think you could solve the problem that masterjskye brings up by having older ratings roll off the books. Say any ratings that are six months or older are automatically reverted to Neutral. This would give a fairer representation of who someone is now rather than a year ago.

Upvote 0

Badorties

O.G.
Awesome Player
Gentlemen of Leisure
AADOMM
M.C. Play Testers
The Embassy
The Wiki Bar
Chilly,

Good call, though it should be noted that if you are in another game with that player, you can rate them there too.

Upvote 0

Chilly

Administrator
CentCom
Awesome Player
Whiner & CryBaby
M.C. Play Testers
Chilly,

Good call, though it should be noted that if you are in another game with that player, you can rate them there too.

True, but unless I already happen to be in another game with said player, I probably am not interested in joining another game with them just to rate them.

I do like the summary of who you have rated in your settings.

Upvote 0

ORBOTRON

O.G.
Awesome Player
Maybe the ability to rate players could stay active for like 48 hours after the end of the game, that way it gives a chance for people slaughtered dishonorably to rate the evil-doer, but also prevents people getting in a fight with somebody and going back to rate somebody in every game they shared for the past 3 years.

Upvote 0

Chilly

Administrator
CentCom
Awesome Player
Whiner & CryBaby
M.C. Play Testers
Maybe the ability to rate players could stay active for like 48 hours after the end of the game, that way it gives a chance for people slaughtered dishonorably to rate the evil-doer, but also prevents people getting in a fight with somebody and going back to rate somebody in every game they shared for the past 3 years.

Agree.

Though I think you get one vote per person, regardless of whether you have played against them in 1 game or 100 games.

Upvote 0

Dreadnought

Awesome Player
Im worried that the honor rating will end in tit for tat wars with people having very different views on whats dishonorable behaviour and what situations they will use this function.

Upvote 0