• Points are back! Read about it HERE

current issues

1 - NEW PLAYERS - Players who created an account on or after Oct 15 2023 are not able to log into the forum
    2 - AWOL - We do not have an AWOL button under the ACTIVE tab yet. Please check each game to see if you are AWOL.
    3 - STUCK GAMES - Some games will not load properly. If you encounter this, please post stuck games HERE

Thanks.

• Welcome to Major Command's RISK Game forum.

If you are a registered player, please log in:

If you are new to Major Command and would like to
    play our RISK game online. Then please sign up here:

Hall of Records: Submission Thread

Virtuoso

Awesome Player
Anyone know what's the fewest completed games to get to 3000?

Virtuoso

Awesome Player
Obviously this is totally unsustainable as I had a fortuitous result, but as of THIS moment, I have 22 completed games (42 total but 20 in progress).
Rating: 2947

th-child

Administrator
CentCom
Awesome Player
Whiner & CryBaby
Fixed Force Club
Generals
M.C. Play Testers
The Borg
The Duellers Society
T.O's.
Anyone know what's the fewest completed games to get to 3000?

It should be 1, I guess, theoretically.
You can win up to 100 points from one opponent, so if you join a 24-player where you start with the default 1225 score, and everybofy else has at least 4100-ish points, and you win, you'll end up with a score of 3525.

But that's quite an outlandish scenario. 22 games sounds awesome! I wonder if there was anyone who did it faster.

Virtuoso

Awesome Player
Not there yet! I had two defeats in the pipeline which have appeared, so it'll still be a climb. But a "lucky" win (right place at the right time) in a 24p game propelled me through the 2000s.

You certainly have nothing to fear from me lol. Your record is absurd. I can't understand why there's such a large gap between you and the rest of us on this site. You would think everyone above a certain score knows what they are doing here but somehow you're still flying above. Its like peak Tiger Woods!

"If/when" I break 3000 I'll post here so we have a completed games number as a reference. Knock on wood, hopefully my luck hasn't run out and I don't jinx myself.

Last edited:

Virtuoso

Awesome Player
It should be 1, I guess, theoretically.
You can win up to 100 points from one opponent, so if you join a 24-player where you start with the default 1225 score, and everybofy else has at least 4100-ish points, and you win, you'll end up with a score of 3525.

Actually no, it can be done with zero completed games. The game you describe, but it's a mercenary. After the newbie's 18th kill, he breaks 3000, and the game isn't completed yet.

Rimbaud

Awesome Player
Knights of MC Realm
M.C. Clan Council
The Duellers Society
League of Gentlepeople
T.O's.
I remember some hot shots climbing fast, Mereltje89, sensadrome, IloveBadDice; not sure if they were as fast as you. Still, is a great record.

Congrats for that O/

Redstorm

Awesome Player
The 'B' Squad
Knights of MC Realm
M.C. Play Testers
The Embassy
T.O's.
Kickstarter
I remember some hot shots climbing fast, Mereltje89, sensadrome, IloveBadDice; not sure if they were as fast as you. Still, is a great record.

Congrats for that O/

Ed note: IlovebaddiceBANNED, just to be correct :)

th-child

Administrator
CentCom
Awesome Player
Whiner & CryBaby
Fixed Force Club
Generals
M.C. Play Testers
The Borg
The Duellers Society
T.O's.
Actually no, it can be done with zero completed games. The game you describe, but it's a mercenary. After the newbie's 18th kill, he breaks 3000, and the game isn't completed yet.

I don't know if the points get awarded real-time, but if they do, you'll get less and less for every kill as your score goes higher. So no, you do have to finish a game, I think. :)

Your record is absurd. I can't understand why there's such a large gap between you and the rest of us on this site.

Yeah, I wanted to answer this. It's luck, basically. I won three 1000-point tournies consecutively, went over 7k points, and with just a few games going on, and by choosey game-selection I manage to hover.

If anyone is interested in getting really high in score, go for the big prizes.
Sensadrome, whose highest score is almost 9k(!), and still has 6432 points, won a duel league. (Won it three times actually, I believe.)
https://www.majorcommand.com/user/sensadrome/

Jaejae played (and won) 24-player games, also went over 7k.
https://www.majorcommand.com/user/jaejae123/

And so on. The guys at the top more often than not get there by scoring something big.
For example the "Master of Maps: Battlefield Earth" is going on at the moment (and will last for another 2 years, I guess), and it's prize for the winner is 2000 points. Right now sannheten and dorcee are in the lead, and there is a good chance they'll get on the top of the scoreboard with a win (if/when they win).

So yeah, that's the answer. Go for tournies/games/etc. with big prizes. :)

Last edited:

Virtuoso

Awesome Player
I don't know if the points get awarded real-time, but if they do, you'll get less and less for every kill as your score goes higher. So no, you do have to finish a game, I think. :)

I think mercenary's get awarded real time. You're right about the decreasing points though. So let's say it's a newbie against 23 other players with scores of 6100 (or whatever score that allows a threshold-3000 player to acquire 100 points in a victory). In any case, given that points are given in real time, a newbie could come in and join 1000 mercenaries, and gain enough kills before any game ends, to end up with 3000, 4000, or whatever. But again, it's a pretty far-fetched scenario.

Anyways - congrats on being at the top of the leaderboard! It's still an impressive accomplishment, luck or otherwise.

Virtuoso

Awesome Player
and with just a few games going on, and by choosey game-selection I manage to hover.

So just curious. Do you think if you didn't have a score to "maintain" you would be in more games? Would it be better if you didn't have a rating and could just play without any pressure to win?

th-child

Administrator
CentCom
Awesome Player
Whiner & CryBaby
Fixed Force Club
Generals
M.C. Play Testers
The Borg
The Duellers Society
T.O's.
Do you think if you didn't have a score to "maintain" you would be in more games?

No, I think it is the other way around.

I started to play less and less a couple of years back, so on one hand it allowed me to pay more attention, and on the other hand now I only join games that I'm interested in in the first place.

Lately I even stopped playing tournies, though those were a good 'income' to me, so to speak.

I think this is typical though. First you just stop playing random people, and then stop playing random games, and then stop playing altogether. But as you go through this 'career path', the more selective you are the higher your score will be. I actually think that most high-score people won't join random cadets not necessarily because of protecting their scores, but because it's not interesting for them anymore.

I think online risk is a great game, and this a fantastic site, but I have been here for 7 years, and spent, I dunno, 3000 hours playing? Probably more, maybe much more.

I plausibly could have learned Japanese AND playing the piano in that time. Not that I wanna do either of those things but that's a lot of time indeed.

Most hobbies don't last that long, and if you think about it, even IRL when you stop a hobby, you stop it with the best equipment you ever had, probably at (or near to) your best level... and still, the magic is gone somehow.

Kinda depressing, now that I think about it, but boy, did I enjoy the first 1500 hours! I wish I could relive them. You guys enjoy the game till the magic lasts!

But yeah, the short answer is no: I don't think I would play more. :)

Virtuoso

Awesome Player
OK. I sure can't argue with that.

And you're right about waning interest in hobbies that were once all time-consuming. I have my share of those.

Nice of you to still frequent the site/forums though!

Sebrim

Awesome Player
Fixed Force Club
Knights of MC Realm
M.C. Play Testers
The Borg
The Wiki Bar
nice catch, Virtuoso :)

Even if it was a record, the update function doesn't work since over a year or so, so we can't add it anyway...

ajdedo

I Shot the Sheriff
Awesome Player
Whiner & CryBaby
Fixed Force Club
Generals
M.C. Clan Council
M.C. Play Testers
The Wiki Bar
T.O's.
I posted something similar in 2012

I think I did it in 94 games.... technically. :)

LINK -

https://www.majorcommand.com/forums...ubmission-Thread?p=41573&viewfull=1#post41573

attachment.php

brianstheman

Awesome Player
Whiner & CryBaby
Fixed Force Club
Assassins Guild
Enemies of Diplomacy
Generals
Knights of MC Realm
133 Game Losing Streak

Longest losing streak I've seen...….especially by an active player.

Have seen losing streaks in the 50s of players who suddenly AWOL. Doesn't seem to be the case here, as recently active and didn't have a huge game queue.

Attachments

• Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    133.2 KB · Views: 77
Last edited: