• Points are back! Read about it HERE

current issues

1 - NEW PLAYERS - Players who created an account on or after Oct 15 2023 are not able to log into the forum
    2 - AWOL - We do not have an AWOL button under the ACTIVE tab yet. Please check each game to see if you are AWOL.
    3 - STUCK GAMES - Some games will not load properly. If you encounter this, please post stuck games HERE

Thanks.

• Welcome to Major Command's RISK Game forum.

If you are a registered player, please log in:

If you are new to Major Command and would like to
    play our RISK game online. Then please sign up here:

Add an Undo Button

Cardinalsrule

Administrator
Staff member
CentCom
Awesome Player
Whiner & CryBaby
Fixed Force Club
AADOMM
Assassins Guild
Enemies of Diplomacy
Generals
Knights of MC Realm
M.C. Clan Council
M.C. Play Testers
The Borg
The Embassy
T.O's.
Kickstarter
I'd LOVE to see this one moved to the short list, or the "we really need this feature, to keep Cardinalsrule from swearing at his computer quite so much" :( list..... I hit the wrong "advance" at least once a month, and it REALLY pisses me off. I know, its my mistake, but as mikediesel said, its a "really crappy way to lose a game". An undo button for the advances, or even for reinforcements and placement would be a very nice addition to game play.

edsdad

Awesome Player
Gentlemen of Leisure
Enemies of Diplomacy
M.C. Play Testers
Old Soldiers Club
The Canadian Club
The Duellers Society
Kickstarter
Done that soooooooooooo many times.I do believe that the go-back option would save a lot of grief.

ocularpenetration

Awesome Player
Need a "Final Answer? Warning"

Look, I know it sounds silly, but I can't be the only idiot on here who's screwed himself in a game because I hit the wrong button in the assault phase, etc. Would it be too hard to add a warning that says something like, "Add one unit to ______? Is this correct?". I just f*ed myself in a game as I was rolling in assault phase when I only advanced 1 out of all the untis I had available. My advance was stopped, and the next turn left me as a sitting duck on my borders. I understand that it's my own fault, but I can't be absolutely alone in this.

mapguy

Awesome Player
I understand your frustration, but what you suggest would slow down a players speed, and more times than not, you need all the speed you can muster, especially in an RT game.

Hang in there, you WILL get used to the controls in a short time, I am sure.

Last edited:

Cardinalsrule

Administrator
Staff member
CentCom
Awesome Player
Whiner & CryBaby
Fixed Force Club
AADOMM
Assassins Guild
Enemies of Diplomacy
Generals
Knights of MC Realm
M.C. Clan Council
M.C. Play Testers
The Borg
The Embassy
T.O's.
Kickstarter
I disagree. I think that an "UNDO" button for troop advancements should be on the short list of features to be added.

mapguy

Awesome Player
I disagree. I think that an "UNDO" button for troop advancements should be on the short list of features to be added.
An "undo" button would be sweet indeed, but I do not think that is what the OP suggested, is it ?

ORBOTRON

O.G.
Awesome Player
I agree an undo button would be a better solution. The "final answer" would add a step to every turn, whether a mistake was made or not.

Avitray

Awesome Player
But the server here is real-time right? the moves are synchronized to the server.
The undo... could it make people choose their dice? (bad dice, undo. bad dice, undo).
Is this actually program-able?

thone

Awesome Player
Gentlemen of Leisure
M.C. Play Testers
The Embassy
The Wiki Bar
I dont thing the undo button should be included. Its all part of the game.
When, you fuck up, your just done. Otherwise you just needed to focus more when playing.

The undo button would allow players to try stuff, maybe even try multiple times on a single target, just until you got the rolls right.

I guess we cant make the game to easy. You need to be focussed when playing. And if your not, you make mistakes and it can be over... Otherwise the games are even more 'luck' based :D

kows

Awesome Player
The Duellers Society
He's not talking about the dice,
he's talking about the selection of how many troops you wish to advance with.
I myself have had it a couple of times aswell (clicking one by accident).
Though I aswell don't think the button should be added,
mistakes are part of the game.

ORBOTRON

O.G.
Awesome Player
Obviously the undo button wouldn't be available for the attack function.

thone

Awesome Player
Gentlemen of Leisure
M.C. Play Testers
The Embassy
The Wiki Bar
Obviously the undo button wouldn't be available for the attack function.

Indeed, i'm sorry, i didn't really think this through :p,

but still no fan of undo button, makes it all to easy.

(if we support that, we can create an auto complete button to, witch clears the map if you have enough troops...)

Keep it simple! ppl should just focus while playing

ORBOTRON

O.G.
Awesome Player
I merged all (that I could find) of the undo button threads, it's been a long and exhaustive discussion, lol. Also, it's on the Long List already.

mapguy

Awesome Player
An "undo" button for troop advancement after an attack and conquer, is what is being proposed. NOT an "undo" for the attack itself. Once the dice have been rolled, that can NOT be undone. The undo feature can also be used for forts.

This feature is not a big need for veteran players. ...It IS however, a big help for the Noob.

masterjskye

Level ∞: Shadow Master
CentCom
Awesome Player
Generals
League of Shadows
M.C. Play Testers
The Embassy
T.O's.
I know this has already been placed on the long list, but I'd like to say that personally - I am not in favour of an Undo button. Reasons? Well, for one thing I just won a tournament game (28684) because my final opponent made this very error on his final sweep. One unit was placed instead of 15 on his last move, effectively landlocking his army and leaving me to cash in my rather large reserve bonus.

Okay, now this was pretty unfortunate for my poor opponent, but the point is I feel he made the mistake and he paid for it. It wasn't like he was destined to win from the start it just came down to the luck of the sets in the end like it so often does. These kind of moments add a certain spice to the proceedings I feel, and to add an undo button would lose that completely unexpected surprise you get after knowing you've lost but then suddenly "OMG I might actually win this!!". It's not like it is a thing that happens every day or even very often really. I say, to hark back to where it all began - lets keep some RISK here at MajorCommand!

Cardinalsrule

Administrator
Staff member
CentCom
Awesome Player
Whiner & CryBaby
Fixed Force Club
AADOMM
Assassins Guild
Enemies of Diplomacy
Generals
Knights of MC Realm
M.C. Clan Council
M.C. Play Testers
The Borg
The Embassy
T.O's.
Kickstarter
I agree that this would be a nice feature, so count me in. That being said, other features, such as an 'undo' button for mistakes like clicking 'advance one' instead of 'advance all' would be more important to implement first, IMO. LG has a 'return to attack' button if you click 'end attack' but change your mind. (works until you make your first reinforcement.) That would be a nice feature, too.

chefsmitty

Awesome Player
Cosa Nostra
Fixed Force Club
M.C. Play Testers
The Borg
Everybody, and I mean everybody has committed the dreaded "advance one" blunder. If you haven't done it, you're lying! LOL. Would be nice to be able to go back.

lecso

Awesome Player
Bit of a hollow victory though.. Having fallen foul of this bad interface design a couple of times myself now, I think an undo function for the last troop advance is essential. By the same token I personally wouldn't want to win just because my opponent mis-clicked - not a very sporting attitude at all. It should be down to strategy and tactics, not the unforgiving nature of the interface. A similar situation simply couldn't arise in the dice and board version of the game. Just by the by, another handy feature when advancing troops would be the ability to drag the dialogue window out of the way if it happens to obscure the countries you're moving your troops to/from.

masterjskye

Level ∞: Shadow Master
CentCom
Awesome Player
Generals
League of Shadows
M.C. Play Testers
The Embassy
T.O's.
Stop making mistakes? I can't remember the last time I made an error like this.. but even then I would not have blamed the interface - only myself.

And for the record you can actually drag the assault window around - try it.