• Points are back! Read about it HERE

current issues

1 - NEW PLAYERS - Players who created an account on or after Oct 15 2023 are not able to log into the forum
    2 - AWOL - We do not have an AWOL button under the ACTIVE tab yet. Please check each game to see if you are AWOL.
    3 - STUCK GAMES - Some games will not load properly. If you encounter this, please post stuck games HERE

Thanks.

• Welcome to Major Command's RISK Game forum.

If you are a registered player, please log in:

If you are new to Major Command and would like to
    play our RISK game online. Then please sign up here:

Add an Undo Button

Badorties

Boss General (Retired on a Desert Island)
O.G.
Awesome Player
Gentlemen of Leisure
AADOMM
M.C. Play Testers
The Embassy
The Wiki Bar
yes an undo button is on our roadmap.

zspBANNED

Awesome Player
But...

I don't think this is possible b/c say if I had 50 armies attacking your territory with 30 armies and somehow lost (damn you dice Gods!!), I could simply click undo and try again with the next time coming out on top with 40 armies to spare (i love you dice Gods!!).

Badorties

O.G.
Awesome Player
Gentlemen of Leisure
AADOMM
M.C. Play Testers
The Embassy
The Wiki Bar
undo obviously wouldn't apply to attacking.

zspBANNED

Awesome Player
undo obviously wouldn't apply to attacking.

Well, if you are able to make undoing specific for certain phases, then maybe. But in war, if ya mess up, you can't tell the enemy to hold on a sec, while you regroup!

That said, I think it's...an idea :)

Last edited:

Spazm

Ambassador
Awesome Player
Undo, in my mind would be for:

Undoing a phase change from Assault to Reinforcement
Undoing a reinforcement between territories, either during the reinforcement phase or after a successful attack.

That's it. Neither gives an undue advantage of any sort; think of it like chess where as long as you don't move your hand off the piece the move isn't final yet. If you make another move after the one you want to Undo, well then you're SOL.

ORBOTRON

O.G.
Awesome Player
within those limitations, I'm in favor of that too

Badorties

O.G.
Awesome Player
Gentlemen of Leisure
AADOMM
M.C. Play Testers
The Embassy
The Wiki Bar
I would support an undo of only deployment and reinforcement phases, not attacking, which included moving some or all in a region post conquering.

But that being said, it is a bit hard to justify a button taking up valuable interface space for what is essentially a counter measure to rarely made mistakes.

Parkelj

Awesome Player
well ..im kinda new but this is a free post so i would like to say

... no undo button ... personally in the few time i have been playing here, i had many regrets for my mistakes but , hey! u gotta pay for it ...thats life XD!!

those mistakes change games, change lifes, change everything! XD
(...a little shit to talk -> hard to think ....opsss sorry i ended my turn insted of reinforce Normandy undo undo!!! XD)

INSTED OF UNDO THERE SHOULD BE THE "GIVE UP " BUTTON sometimes end a game is senseless when u got all the world n there r still some enemies in antartida... sometimes even the enemy wants to give up ..some ends r just waste of time.

Last edited:

Spazm

Ambassador
Awesome Player
If there is no undo button, then at least the spacing of the buttons on the troop movement dialog box need to be moved farther apart.

As it is you have Advance|All|One, which defaults to One|All|One; so a slight move to either the right or left can destroy your whole assault, or even game. I would argue only having Advance | All and get rid of the One option, since immediately clicking Advance does the same thing.

Badorties

O.G.
Awesome Player
Gentlemen of Leisure
AADOMM
M.C. Play Testers
The Embassy
The Wiki Bar
If there is no undo button, then at least the spacing of the buttons on the troop movement dialog box need to be moved farther apart.

As it is you have Advance|All|One, which defaults to One|All|One; so a slight move to either the right or left can destroy your whole assault, or even game. I would argue only having Advance | All and get rid of the One option, since immediately clicking Advance does the same thing.

Yes there can definitely be some improvements here.

ghost

Chief Ambassador
Awesome Player
And i am simply going to stand here with my hands on my hips and say there any number of reasons why an 'undo' button might seem unfair, and a million reasons why it is totally fair and something unique that MC should have. :p

plus Bado you witnessed yesterday the situation one might run into when having an undo button might work for someone. :p

ORBOTRON

O.G.
Awesome Player
I'd at least like to see the option of going back to attack mode from fort mode as long as no forts were made. And I agree with the redundancy of the advance one button.

Plain-ol-Ed

Awesome Player
I'm in the no-undo crowd. Guess I'm just come from the old school of 'a card laid is a card played'. Brain-farts are just a part of the game (and God knows I make my share and then some of those). Anyway, if you do go forward with the undo thing could you at least make it a setup option for the person that starts the game, just like troop move, map choice, and game style options now?

mapguy

Awesome Player
The go-back option is a very good idea. I have wished for just such a feature, more than once.

Cardinalsrule

Administrator
Staff member
CentCom
Awesome Player
Whiner & CryBaby
Fixed Force Club
AADOMM
Assassins Guild
Enemies of Diplomacy
Generals
Knights of MC Realm
M.C. Clan Council
M.C. Play Testers
The Borg
The Embassy
T.O's.
Kickstarter
Bumping back up to ask again that an undo button be added for at least troop movements/reinforcements. Too easy to accidently hit 'advance one' instead of 'all' or vice versa, and killing your strategy. An undo for that would be great.

Cardinalsrule

Administrator
Staff member
CentCom
Awesome Player
Whiner & CryBaby
Fixed Force Club
AADOMM
Assassins Guild
Enemies of Diplomacy
Generals
Knights of MC Realm
M.C. Clan Council
M.C. Play Testers
The Borg
The Embassy
T.O's.
Kickstarter
DAMMIT. I just did it again. PLEASE give us an undo button for 'advance one' vs. 'advance all'........

Chilly

Administrator
CentCom
Awesome Player
Whiner & CryBaby
M.C. Play Testers
DAMMIT. I just did it again. PLEASE give us an undo button for 'advance one' vs. 'advance all'........

How about an 'UNDO Partner' button for these cases where my partner needs an UNDO button. :wink:

Cardinalsrule

Administrator
Staff member
CentCom
Awesome Player
Whiner & CryBaby
Fixed Force Club
AADOMM
Assassins Guild
Enemies of Diplomacy
Generals
Knights of MC Realm
M.C. Clan Council
M.C. Play Testers
The Borg
The Embassy
T.O's.
Kickstarter
funny, for a guy who just lost his azz and only took out 1 guy...... :)

mrskaman

Awesome Player
oooops i did it again!
Please i need an undo for reinforcements!