• Points are back! Read about it HERE

current issues

1 - NEW PLAYERS - Players who created an account on or after Oct 15 2023 are not able to log into the forum
    2 - AWOL - We do not have an AWOL button under the ACTIVE tab yet. Please check each game to see if you are AWOL.
    3 - STUCK GAMES - Some games will not load properly. If you encounter this, please post stuck games HERE

Thanks.

• Welcome to Major Command's RISK Game forum.

If you are a registered player, please log in:

If you are new to Major Command and would like to
    play our RISK game online. Then please sign up here:

Add an Undo Button

Blondo

Awesome Player
Stop making mistakes? I can't remember the last time I made an error like this.. but even then I would not have blamed the interface - only myself.

+1 Same feeling here

Still have to look before you trade in cards though ... that window can't be dragged around (yet you have time before you press begin turn).

hanible

Awesome Player
M.C. Play Testers
Kickstarter
i think the reference was only for during reinforcement proses

Cardinalsrule

Administrator
Staff member
CentCom
Awesome Player
Whiner & CryBaby
Fixed Force Club
AADOMM
Assassins Guild
Enemies of Diplomacy
Generals
Knights of MC Realm
M.C. Clan Council
M.C. Play Testers
The Borg
The Embassy
T.O's.
Kickstarter
Sorry if my response was unhelpful. I myself have given a temporary password to others to play my turns while I'm unavailable, and several people have given me theirs to do the same thing, so I don't see that as an issue. I know for a fact that the Boss thinks that is acceptable.

The "awol pool" idea could be done, as long as the player going awol and not the replacement player loses the points if the game is lost. (I'd be in favor of the replacement getting points for a win.)

I guess my feeling on this overall is that, if you play with people you know and have contingencies for if someone is going to be away, this won't be a problem. In games where you get 'stuck' with a random awol'er, sorry, but it's only one game and you'll know to stay away from that person.

I've had people that I thought were reliable bail on me, too, so I know the feeling. Lost the game, lost the points, moved on...

If this were to be done at all, I'd say it's probably at the bottom end of the list (on the long list, not the short list), LOTS of WAY more important things to fix first.

Bluebonnet

Awesome Player
Enemies of Diplomacy
Knights of MC Realm
The Duellers Society
I agree with the concerns for AWOL players. A week or two ago, I dropped out of all my casual games. Part of the reason being AWOL players on other teams. I achieved a 49 CUDO streak based a lot on those people. Kind of felt like a hollow victory and I felt bad for the opposing teams. I don't mind winning against anyone of any level based on skill, winning cause a team member goes AWOL on the other side of a 6 man team is different. Not worth the victory to me personally.

However, giving the reins of the AWOL player to another of their teammates gives an unfair advantage to that team. Part of being able to win a team game is the communication between players. On a dubs game, if a single player has the reins, their is no communication aspect. So they can have a huge advantage.

If it was someone outside the team took over for the AWOL, that could be cool. But when would it happen? Depending on your status, you have different AWOL standards. I think gold memebrs get 4 before going AWOL...

So maybe if they haven't logged in in the last 3 days, they get booted from any waiting game. I know there are players that havent been active in moths still awaiting casual games.

BroncoBlue89

Awesome Player
The 'B' Squad
Enemies of Diplomacy
Old Soldiers Club
Kickstarter
I appreciate the discussion on this topic and the good points that have been made. I understand that Cards is right, this isn't one of the top issues that need to be addressed in the MC world right now, but maybe some day we can raise it again. I will drop it for now.

sjsharks77

Awesome Player
"Reinforce/All/None" Suggestion

Hello friends,

Let me tell you a quick, sad story. I just lost 2 different games for the same reason: Hitting All instead of reinforce. Both times being when I cashed in my reserves and had the game in the palm of my hand, and one of which being a tournament game.

I feel like I would make this mistake less often if we made this prompt smaller and possibly dragable, so that we can visualize what we're going to do next without having to remember how the map was laid out. Call me dumb for not being able to remember or plan my next move 1 step ahead, but when the pressure's on and you're in the heat of the winning move its easy to forget.

I'm certain I'm not alone in this. If this suggestion isn't possible, then maybe someone can provide their own suggestion that could fix this issue?

Thanks,

sjsharks

Cardinalsrule

Administrator
Staff member
CentCom
Awesome Player
Whiner & CryBaby
Fixed Force Club
AADOMM
Assassins Guild
Enemies of Diplomacy
Generals
Knights of MC Realm
M.C. Clan Council
M.C. Play Testers
The Borg
The Embassy
T.O's.
Kickstarter
If you're suggesting more options when moving men forward when attacking, like being able to move the box so you can see the board, and possibly an "undo" button for when you move 'all' instead of 'one', it's been suggested before. I'm in favor of the 'undo' button, I have lost more than one game because of moving 'all' instead of one.

Hodja

Awesome Player
Might be me but you can move that box Cardinal? Or did I misunderstand something :p

stone123

Awesome Player
Cosa Nostra
M.C. Play Testers
An `undo` option or even a `confirm option, i like the idea of, but only in casual games where time is not so much of an issue.

For real time games where time is everything you could leave out.

PackerHawkeye

Awesome Player
M.C. Play Testers
The Borg
The Duellers Society
Could be a browser specific thing but I know you can move that box in Chrome while you are attacking. It centers again after you advance troops.

Also, I think in real time games you are much more prone to make a mistake while rushing to wipe out a player requiring the "undo" button. It would definitely be useful there.

Last edited:

BadElmer

Awesome Player
Assassins Guild
Knights of MC Realm
M.C. Play Testers
The Borg
The Duellers Society
T.O's.
An `undo` option or even a `confirm option, i like the idea of, but only in casual games where time is not so much of an issue.

For real time games where time is everything you could leave out.

Undo I like, but please no Confirm button (or at least include the option of opting out of the Confirm button). That's a LOT of extra clicks.

spamster

Awesome Player
Undo I like, but please no Confirm button (or at least include the option of opting out of the Confirm button). That's a LOT of extra clicks.

yeah, no confirm button please. It is bad enough that about 50%+ of the time the window disappears first time anyway, requiring even more clicks

sjsharks77

Awesome Player
An Undo button sounds fantastic. The question remains: Who do we talk to to bring this plan into action?

pyatpyat

Awesome Player
The Borg
I DEFINITELY see the value of an undo button, as I've made these mistakes before as well. The only issue I see with it is this: if you go to make a move in Chess or checkers and you physically move the piece but keep your hand on it, you can bring the piece back to it's original position. As soon as you let go of the piece, that move is final. It's kind of the way I see this issue. One thing that might help (especially for people using trackpads) is if the attack box showed up on a different side of the screen from the advance box... right now those buttons show up in the same place, and the accidental double tap can totally screw up a whole game.

majorpain1337

Awesome Player
Bumping this thread!

It would be good to have for deployments and reinforcements phases. Obviously we shouldn't be able to undo assaults.
In the table top version you have the option to place and then reconsider so why not have it available here?

+1 for making it a selectable feature when creating maps.

Hortik

Awesome Player
Fixed Force Club
Generals
M.C. Clan Council
The Embassy
T.O's.
Young Guns
Kickstarter
I like this idea, thanks for bringing it back up Majorpain!

luiscasanova

Awesome Player
Fixed Force Club
Enemies of Diplomacy
Old Soldiers Club
The Wiki Bar
'undo' should be available also after moving troops after an attack, since it's easy to click 'move one' when you really want to move them all or vice-versa.