• Scoreboard and Points Live. Read about it HERE

current issues

1 - NEW PLAYERS - Players who created an account on or after Oct 15 2023 are not able to log into the forum
    2 - AWOL - We do not have an AWOL button under the ACTIVE tab yet. Please check each game to see if you are AWOL.

Thanks.

• Welcome to Major Command's RISK Game forum.

If you are a registered player, please log in:

If you are new to Major Command and would like to
    play our RISK game online. Then please sign up here:

1 vs 1 Tourney...Double elimination... Lose 2 and you're out...

Tie breaker

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

genghisknows

Awesome Player
M.C. Play Testers
Kickstarter
1st turn advantage is somewhat negated with bilsi's rules. But, cardinalsrule, your last sentence sounds like a challenge to me and I certainly would feel terrible not playing Nukes against you. Maybe it's the Biff comment in that "movie" that helped strike a nerve in me. : )

Cardinalsrule

Administrator
Staff member
CentCom
Awesome Player
Whiner & CryBaby
Fixed Force Club
AADOMM
Assassins Guild
Enemies of Diplomacy
Generals
Knights of MC Realm
M.C. Clan Council
M.C. Play Testers
The Borg
The Embassy
T.O's.
Kickstarter
1st turn advantage is somewhat negated with bilsi's rules. But, cardinalsrule, your last sentence sounds like a challenge to me and I certainly would feel terrible not playing Nukes against you. Maybe it's the Biff comment in that "movie" that helped strike a nerve in me. : )
Hi Genghis,
My comment was in no way intended as a challenge. I will be happy to play any maps against you, I just like nukes a lot for 1v1. Truthfully I kind of feel like 1v1 and 2v2 is really the only way that nukes should be played. How do you feel about 12D?

bilsi

Awesome Player
Fixed Force Club
Los Bambinos
M.C. Play Testers
Old Soldiers Club
The Borg
The Canadian Club
Looks like we need a Challenges thread...not a bad idea??? could be fun.

ok, on to more important stuff.....

bilsi

Awesome Player
Fixed Force Club
Los Bambinos
M.C. Play Testers
Old Soldiers Club
The Borg
The Canadian Club
ok, daniel7 notified me that kinghill can't play...We need to replace kinghill before round 1 ends...I've exhausted my invites. If any of you can grab a player that'd be great...

Secondly, we need to figure out what to do in case of an awol.
After the first round, there's no replacements. And an awol player may not return.
(I have a head ache and I'm exhausted, running 2 tourney's is tough when I've never ran one).
Obviously the awol player forfeits...but big advantage to other player who gets the win.

What do we do???

Can't think no more.

genghisknows

Awesome Player
M.C. Play Testers
Kickstarter
bilsi, you are overthinking it. If a teammate goes awol, so be it. You lose, and if he does not return you really lose. It is just a tournament and not something that has to be perfect. Relax and let the chips fall where they may.

bilsi

Awesome Player
Fixed Force Club
Los Bambinos
M.C. Play Testers
Old Soldiers Club
The Borg
The Canadian Club
Thanks to overyourdeadbody-Sure (awesome handle btw) for filling in for us...

still need to figure awols

bilsi

Awesome Player
Fixed Force Club
Los Bambinos
M.C. Play Testers
Old Soldiers Club
The Borg
The Canadian Club
Ok, awols are gone. other player gets 2 victories...luck of the draw like a few people have said.

Can I turn off inbox for 24 hours?

EasyToKill

Awesome Player
I have a question for the old-timers - in 1v1 does the 2nd player always start with the same number of deploy as the first player even if he's lost a few terts?

spirop

Awesome Player
Generals
M.C. Play Testers
Old Soldiers Club
Kickstarter
I have a question for the old-timers - in 1v1 does the 2nd player always start with the same number of deploy as the first player even if he's lost a few terts?
Yes, that was an add-in with the beta version, helps level the 1st turn advantage a bit.

Daniel7

Awesome Player
Fixed Force Club
You Beat me to it spirop, I had a hunch it was how you said but I couldn’t exactly remember so I was searching in the formums, wiki, and blogs. I remember experimenting thing with Ha trips for the first player.

Daniel7

Awesome Player
Fixed Force Club
You Beat me to it spirop, I had a hunch it was how you said but I couldn’t exactly remember so I was searching in the formums, wiki, and blogs. I remember experimenting thing with Ha trips for the first player.
Sorry for the typos. I had a hunch it was how you said spirit but I couldn’t exactly remember so I was searching in the formums, wiki, and blogs. I remember experimenting with Half troops for the first player happening on MC as well.

EasyToKill

Awesome Player
OK then, I have an issue with the way the tourney is set up now. Let me explain - If you are first turn the 2nd game when you're not 'supposed' to be, and you need to skip a turn, on a bigger map, if you skip and then your opponent takes some terts with his first turn, you get less men. I'm playing bilsi and he chose the Massive map for 2nd map. I got 1st turn again, so I have to skip. BUT, he'll get 17 deploy, after he's finished attacking I'll be lucky to get 15, probably less. That's really unfair. I think that we need to limit the maps for the 2nd game to ones small enough that the deploy isn't taken away.

Stormcat

Awesome Player
OK then, I have an issue with the way the tourney is set up now. Let me explain - If you are first turn the 2nd game when you're not 'supposed' to be, and you need to skip a turn, on a bigger map, if you skip and then your opponent takes some terts with his first turn, you get less men. I'm playing bilsi and he chose the Massive map for 2nd map. I got 1st turn again, so I have to skip. BUT, he'll get 17 deploy, after he's finished attacking I'll be lucky to get 15, probably less. That's really unfair. I think that we need to limit the maps for the 2nd game to ones small enough that the deploy isn't taken away.
this, exactly, is what's happening in my first match. i'm having to skip my first turn (and not deploy deferred troops!) on massive and my opponent, who got an excellent drop, will get 17 deploy. unless he can't work the buttons, he's got it won.
https://www.majorcommand.com/beta/50860

EasyToKill

Awesome Player
this, exactly, is what's happening in my first match. i'm having to skip my first turn (and not deploy deferred troops!) on massive and my opponent, who got an excellent drop, will get 17 deploy. unless he can't work the buttons, he's got it won.
https://www.majorcommand.com/beta/50860
EXACTLY my situation. This is inherently unfair. I have no prayer of winning my 2nd game, before it even starts.

Cardinalsrule

Administrator
Staff member
CentCom
Awesome Player
Whiner & CryBaby
Fixed Force Club
AADOMM
Assassins Guild
Enemies of Diplomacy
Generals
Knights of MC Realm
M.C. Clan Council
M.C. Play Testers
The Borg
The Embassy
T.O's.
Kickstarter
EXACTLY my situation. This is inherently unfair. I have no prayer of winning my 2nd game, before it even starts.

Yeah, in larger maps where the players will get more than 3 deploy to start I think we're going to have to just keep starting new games until the 'right' player goes first. Anything else is not fair to the 2nd player. Bad enough going 2nd in a 1v1 on a big map but to then lose troops is just adding insult to injury.

Corvana

Awesome Player
@ Stephanator

We need to play and I can't figure out how to make this happen. I'm sorry for being clumsy with this I'm new. Let's play our Round 1 game, I think everybody is waiting for us at this point.

bilsi

Awesome Player
Fixed Force Club
Los Bambinos
M.C. Play Testers
Old Soldiers Club
The Borg
The Canadian Club
@ Stephanator

We need to play and I can't figure out how to make this happen. I'm sorry for being clumsy with this I'm new. Let's play our Round 1 game, I think everybody is waiting for us at this point.
stephenator is out...need a quick replacement...