• Scoreboard and Points Live. Read about it HERE

current issues

1 - NEW PLAYERS - Players who created an account on or after Oct 15 2023 are not able to log into the forum
    2 - AWOL - We do not have an AWOL button under the ACTIVE tab yet. Please check each game to see if you are AWOL.

Thanks.

• Welcome to Major Command's RISK Game forum.

If you are a registered player, please log in:

If you are new to Major Command and would like to
    play our RISK game online. Then please sign up here:

1 vs 1 Tourney...Double elimination... Lose 2 and you're out...

Tie breaker

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

bilsi

Awesome Player
Fixed Force Club
Los Bambinos
M.C. Play Testers
Old Soldiers Club
The Borg
The Canadian Club
another problem...I don't what to say...always something...do we eliminate certain maps.

Stormcat

Awesome Player
another problem...I don't what to say...always something...do we eliminate certain maps.
in my match, for example, i went first in first game on 12D. second game bc i am wrong player to go first and had to skip, on massive, the first player advantage is insanely amplified. i'm 18 troops, 13 regions, and 8 in deploy behind now before my first turn. he also had a chance to wipe me off some continents before i go. it's honestly over before i take my first turn. i don't know the answer but i'm wondering if the second game was played on the same map if at least the advantage/disadvantage of turn order would be closer to the same in the two games. and maybe the second player should get to deploy deferred troops, at least on larger maps? or all games get played on same maps so that map choice can't be manipulated to affect the odds to this degree.
and the thing with luck is that it is supposed to average out over time, so maybe the less we do to try to compensate for it, the better it will work out in the long run.

Last edited:

Daniel7

Awesome Player
Fixed Force Club
No, don’t eliminate maps. The 2 players can decide together what map and settings. Making a game more fair. Furthermore like mentioned, if a big map is chosen then people can restart the game to fix the problem concerning same deploy in the 1st round.

LotsOFFLuck

Awesome Player
No, don’t eliminate maps. The 2 players can decide together what map and settings. Making a game more fair. Furthermore like mentioned, if a big map is chosen then people can restart the game to fix the problem concerning same deploy in the 1st round.

I agree with just restarting until the correct person is going first, but if it was me I'd eliminate some maps from the tourney altogether. Maps like Massive, and Europe Massive have an inherent HUGE advantage for the player going first. Unless the first player just gets horrific dice, they're going to win a large percentage of the time.

Daniel7

Awesome Player
Fixed Force Club
Again it’s the 2 player’s choice, if they choose those settings then whatever happens is on them

spirop

Awesome Player
Generals
M.C. Play Testers
Old Soldiers Club
Kickstarter
Hi, I think I missed on how results are recorded.:oops:

bilsi

Awesome Player
Fixed Force Club
Los Bambinos
M.C. Play Testers
Old Soldiers Club
The Borg
The Canadian Club
I need links to every game and when it ends...I record everything...

needpapertowel

Awesome Player
M.C. Play Testers
Kickstarter
I don't know if it's too late to start over, but in terms of settings:
in 2v2, each Round has a designated map, the same rule applied in 1v1 would eliminate any perceived "advantages" in players selecting maps
4v4 -- where Massive maps are off the table until the finals -- would prevent most of these super lopsided first rounds described above
And then the "tiebreaker" could be as you suggested since everyone would be entirely on the same page.

Just my two cents.

bilsi

Awesome Player
Fixed Force Club
Los Bambinos
M.C. Play Testers
Old Soldiers Club
The Borg
The Canadian Club
Ok, another faux pas...I had stephenator in twice...need another player quick...

once

Awesome Player
The 'B' Squad
Generals
M.C. Clan Council
Ok, another faux pas...I had stephenator in twice...need another player quick...
hi bilsi. i would join. no luck editing the spreadsheet though.

once

Awesome Player
The 'B' Squad
Generals
M.C. Clan Council
I agree with just restarting until the correct person is going first, but if it was me I'd eliminate some maps from the tourney altogether. Maps like Massive, and Europe Massive have an inherent HUGE advantage for the player going first. Unless the first player just gets horrific dice, they're going to win a large percentage of the time.
Again it’s the 2 player’s choice, if they choose those settings then whatever happens is on them
I don't know if it's too late to start over, but in terms of settings:
in 2v2, each Round has a designated map, the same rule applied in 1v1 would eliminate any perceived "advantages" in players selecting maps
4v4 -- where Massive maps are off the table until the finals -- would prevent most of these super lopsided first rounds described above
And then the "tiebreaker" could be as you suggested since everyone would be entirely on the same page.

Just my two cents.

apologies if this has been suggested before. and it is too late now anyway, but maybe sth for coming rounds / iterations of such a tourney:
why not make it a rule that both players can choose maps & settings for one game, but whoever decided on the maps & settings will always be the one going 2nd? i think most players would not volunteer going 2nd on the massive maps, so a lot of the problems described above would self regulate while still allowing for the possibility to play these maps if that is what maybe both players want anyway?
and then, yes, if the turn order turns out to be wrong, just start a new game instead of skipping turns to keep deploy even.
i will be without computer most weekend, but start my games monday & do my best to catch up swiftly.

engineerairborne

Awesome Player
Enemies of Diplomacy
Knights of MC Realm
Los Bambinos
M.C. Clan Council
M.C. Play Testers
Kickstarter
Does anyone talk to clarkenfeld? I have been trying to start our round 1 matches, but he is not responding.

bilsi

Awesome Player
Fixed Force Club
Los Bambinos
M.C. Play Testers
Old Soldiers Club
The Borg
The Canadian Club
Does anyone talk to clarkenfeld? I have been trying to start our round 1 matches, but he is not responding.
Just checked, he was online 8 hrs ago...I will message him...

bilsi

Awesome Player
Fixed Force Club
Los Bambinos
M.C. Play Testers
Old Soldiers Club
The Borg
The Canadian Club
Just play. I like re trying in 2nd game until that person goes first. took easytokill and I 3 tries...This can't happen when points start. I've learned much in these tourneys. Appreciate everybody's input...Hopefully next one runs smoothly. Thanks all.

bilsi

Awesome Player
Fixed Force Club
Los Bambinos
M.C. Play Testers
Old Soldiers Club
The Borg
The Canadian Club
2/3 spirop...each player goes first in the first 2. just luck who starts the 3rd.

LotsOFFLuck

Awesome Player
apologies if this has been suggested before. and it is too late now anyway, but maybe sth for coming rounds / iterations of such a tourney:
why not make it a rule that both players can choose maps & settings for one game, but whoever decided on the maps & settings will always be the one going 2nd? i think most players would not volunteer going 2nd on the massive maps, so a lot of the problems described above would self regulate while still allowing for the possibility to play these maps if that is what maybe both players want anyway?
and then, yes, if the turn order turns out to be wrong, just start a new game instead of skipping turns to keep deploy even.
i will be without computer most weekend, but start my games monday & do my best to catch up swiftly.

I like this idea; both players make the settings for the game where they go 2nd. Brilliant!

bilsi

Awesome Player
Fixed Force Club
Los Bambinos
M.C. Play Testers
Old Soldiers Club
The Borg
The Canadian Club
I like this idea; both players make the settings for the game where they go 2nd. Brilliant!
hard to change it now but I also like the idea for next tourney...Looks like I get TO when we get going...