• Scoreboard and Points Live. Read about it HERE

current issues

1 - NEW PLAYERS - Players who created an account on or after May 16 2024 are not able to login to the forum
    2 - AWOL - We do not have an AWOL button under the ACTIVE tab yet. Please check each game to see if you are AWOL.

Thanks.

• Welcome to Major Command's RISK Game forum.

If you are a registered player, please log in:

If you are new to Major Command and would like to
    play our RISK game online. Then please sign up here:

zsp's tOuRnAmEnT oF cHaOs!

jeymo

Ambassador
Awesome Player
BTW, Huge kudos to ZSP and Samular for the constantly updated first page post and the spreadsheet.

Both very cool and hugely adding to the fun of the tourney.

Aye! Aye! I second tHAT

samular

Ambassador
Awesome Player
Sam, sorry if this is a dumb question but: what are the Dice d'Or standings and the Chaos OD stats?

Ahh sorry. I probably only mentioned it briefly somewhere, buried in this thread.

Chaos OD just refers to the number of Opponents Defeated in this tournament. The Dice d'Or (named after World Cup awards like the Golden Boot. Clever, I know.) is the imaginary honor for whoever eliminates the most opponents. Doesn't get you anything. I just thought it would be fun to keep track of.

Oh, it also might be worth noting that I am obviously counting ODs as though it these were Mercenary games: That is, you get an OD point for knocking someone off, rather than credit for winning the game.

samular

Ambassador
Awesome Player
I also added a "Points Possible" column (h/t Chilly). It's crude: I just add your current points + [15*number of undecided outcomes]. So, if your PossPoints is less than the current group high score, you're MATHEMATICALLY ELIMINATED.

zspBANNED

Awesome Player
Oh, it also might be worth noting that I am obviously counting ODs as though it these were Mercenary games: That is, you get an OD point for knocking someone off, rather than credit for winning the game.
In hindsight, I think making these games mercenary would have been a much better idea.

ORBOTRON

O.G.
Awesome Player
Sam, awesome work on those stats! The overall site stats could use an update though :D

samular

Ambassador
Awesome Player
<-------------------- Leader of the The Dice d'Or

Indeed you are. Dd'O board and points should all be up to date on my chart. Only two people clearly MATHEMATICALLY ELIMINATED, but a few on the borderline. I'm sure if I did some sudoku with my numbers I could find some other people who Just Can't Win. But I've done too much already.

Daan

Awesome Player
Didnt see this coming... in spite of his OD's (second on the Dice d'Or standings) Fitz is already eliminated :-O

zspBANNED

Awesome Player
Didnt see this coming... in spite of his OD's (second on the Dice d'Or standings) Fitz is already eliminated :-O

Daan..don't be surprised by that at all. Fitz really isn't very good. He just bribes majcom leadership for points and they give in...it's a rather disgusting set of events.

...Yeah, I'm annoyed by that too.

Daan

Awesome Player
Daan..don't be surprised by that at all. Fitz really isn't very good. He just bribes majcom leadership for points and they give in...it's a rather disgusting set of events.

...Yeah, I'm annoyed by that too.

LOL! I must say you're right! it has been indeed for a long time suffered that majcom have seen a new LEADER at the scoreboard!

samular

Ambassador
Awesome Player
Alright! Updated stats. Points should be current on my pretty table, barring typos.

I added colors because I was about to blow my brains out keeping track of ODs. Within each group, color indicates who killed the player in that game. So in Game 3 of Group C, for example, Veta offed errybody.

Veta is still holding atop the Dd'O, but has some company from Chilly, who has been in Beast Mode in the past few days. I round out the top 3, and I swear it is not because I am keeping track.

Off to go do the stats for the World Cup now. How I spent my Christmas Break...

VetaBANNED

Awesome Player
Very cool stuff Sam, and I like the color designated kills. It's a nice touch.

samular

Ambassador
Awesome Player
I do believe Sun-Tzu has clinched Group A.
If I somehow beat 200 of Sun's troops in Game 6 with some Hero Lone Defenders, he'll beat smunzimus on tiebreaks to take the group.

GG Sun. And quite the upset, too.

Last edited:

Sun-Tzu

Awesome Player
Thanks Guys - I can assure you that no one was as surprised as I was! I just hope I represent the high calibre of my group in the finals! Good games guys!

Thunderous

Ambassador
Awesome Player
well sun, you may have eliminated me, but now you must stand up for group A and win it for us!!

zspBANNED

Awesome Player
With his 4th win out of the 4 games that have been completed, Veta clinches a spot into the final round!

zspBANNED

Awesome Player
LOL! I must say you're right! it has been indeed for a long time suffered that majcom have seen a new LEADER at the scoreboard!
There's a new sheriff in town, Daan. :)

...until a couple of these losses hit and Fitz assumes his usual spot on top...

he prefers being on top anyway...

VetaBANNED

Awesome Player
With his 4th win out of the 4 games that have been completed, Veta clinches a spot into the final round!

Thanks for for acknowledgement fitz. I'll do my best to represent Group C!