• Scoreboard and Points Live. Read about it HERE

current issues

1 - NEW PLAYERS - Players who created an account on or after May 16 2024 are not able to login to the forum
    2 - AWOL - We do not have an AWOL button under the ACTIVE tab yet. Please check each game to see if you are AWOL.

Thanks.

• Welcome to Major Command's RISK Game forum.

If you are a registered player, please log in:

If you are new to Major Command and would like to
    play our RISK game online. Then please sign up here:

zsp's tOuRnAmEnT oF cHaOs!

zspBANNED

Awesome Player
Hello there!

While we wait for the official tournaments to begin, you are cordially invited to...

zspstourneyofchaos1-3-1.jpg

Settings
The settings will be determined by me at the creation of each game.

Rules (subject to change)
1)There are no rules, this is a tournament of CHAOS! ok, maybe a few rules...

2) I'm looking for 36 (you'll see why in a sec) dedicated players, so join quick!

3) If there are 36 players, there will be 6 groups of 6 players each. In each group, all the players will play in six 6 player free-for-all (1v1v1v1v1v1) games.

4) This is where the chaos comes in!
  • The maps will be randomly chosen using random.org. For each game within the rounds, every group will play on the same map - so for every group's first game, they will all play on the same map. For the second game, a different map will be chosen (each group will play on the same map) and so on.
  • All 6 games per group (36 games total) will be played simultaneously.
  • There will be a scoring system, instead of the typical "I win so I advance" notion. Scoring is as follows: 1st place: 15 points. 2nd place: 10 points. 3rd place: 6 points. 4th place: 3 points. 5th place: 1 point. 6th place: 0 points. (The better you do, the larger the difference between the points you and the points the person beneath you will earn.)
  • After each group finishes all 6 games, the points will be added up from all 6 games played in each group. The player with the most points wins their group. The winner from each group then moves onto the final round of 6 players where again, they will play 6 games, all on a different map. The player with the most points after all 6 of these games wins...
    zsp's tOuRnAmEnT oF cHaOs!
5) Players will be put into the groups randomly using random.org.

6) In the event of a tie at the conclusion of a round, here are the tie-breaking scenarios in order:
  • The player with the most opponents defeated advances.
  • The player with the most 1st place finishes advances.
  • The player with the most 2nd place finishes advances, and so on.
  • If the players are still tied after all of these other tie-breaking scenarios are considered, they will play 1v1(v1)(v1)(v1)(v1) on a random map chosen by random.org.
--Check THIS CHART, compliments of samular,
throughout the tournament for some sweet stats!--​

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

First Round Groups randomly chosen by random.org
C..................... | Game 1 | Game 2 | Game 3 | Game 4 | Game 5 | Game 6 | T o t a l
hobbie----------------3---------0----------0---------10-------10-------1-------24
Veta.-----------------10-------10---------15.-------15-------15.------15.------80
SG.-------------------15--------1----------3---------1---------1--------3.------24
mark------------------1---------6----------6---------6---------3--------0-------22
jprocwalk--------------0--------15----------10.-------0---------0--------6------31
lh34-------------------6---------3----------1---------3---------6-------10------29

H..................... | Game 1 | Game 2 | Game 3 | Game 4 | Game 5 | Game 6 | T o t a l
santiagoabx----------10---------3----------3---------1---------0--------1.------18
mikefromlux.-----------6---------10---------6---------10.------15.-------0.------47
miquel.----------------0---------1----------0---------0---------6--------6-------13
jason.-----------------1---------0----------1---------15-------10.------10.------37
zsp.------------------15--------15---------10--------3.---------3-------15------61
Pizzetto---------------3---------6----------15--------6---------1--------3-------34

A..................... | Game 1 | Game 2 | Game 3 | Game 4 | Game 5 | Game 6 | T o t a l
AAFitz----------------3---------1----------1--------15--------3---------1-------24
Thunderous-----------10--------3----------10-------6---------0---------0-------29
samular---------------15--------6----------6--------0---------6---------10------43
smunzimus------------1---------10---------15-------10.-------10--------3-------49
Sun-Tzu--------------6---------15---------0--------3---------15--------15------54
ianhenry--------------0---------0.----------3--------1---------1---------6-------11

O..................... | Game 1 | Game 2 | Game 3 | Game 4 | Game 5 | Game 6 | T o t a l
rakatac--------------10.--------1----------10------15---------1---------1-------38
ORBOTRON-----------15---------10---------6--------3---------6--------15-------55
madsanders-----------3---------6----------0.-------10.--------3---------6-------28
ledzep123-------------0---------3----------1--------1---------0---------0--------5
Chilly.-----------------6.--------15--------15--------0--------10--------10-------56
jaredn.----------------1---------0----------3--------6--------15---------3-------28

S..................... | Game 1 | Game 2 | Game 3 | Game 4 | Game 5 | Game 6 | T o t a l
jeymo-----------------1---------6---------15--------6--------10--------6.-------44
Incandenza-----------15--------10---------1--------15--------0---------1-------42
Valdus----------------10---------3---------3.--------0.--------6---------0-------22
Daan------------------6---------0---------0--------10.--------15-------15.------46
edsdad----------------3--------15---------6---------1---------3---------3-------31
smu-------------------0---------1---------10--------3.--------1--------10-------25

!...................... | Game 1 | Game 2 | Game 3 | Game 4 | Game 5 | Game 6 | T o t a l
RedBridgeBeach.------10---------6--------10-------15---------1--------15.------57
giuppi----------------15---------3---------0--------10.--------6---------6-------40
strayduck-------------3--------10---------1---------1--------15---------1-------31
codanostra------------0---------1---------6---------3---------3---------3-------16
bitglory----------------1--------15-------15---------6---------10-------10.------57
loweekee--------------6---------0---------3---------0---------0---------0--------9

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Final Round randomly chosen by random.org
CHAOS!............. | Game 1 | Game 2 | Game 3 | Game 4 | Game 5 | Game 6 | T o t a l
Veta-------------------6---------0---------3---------0---------0---------6-------15
zsp.--------------------1---------?---------1---------3---------6.-------10--------?
samular.----------------0---------?--------15.--------1.-------10---------1--------?
Chilly------------------15.--------1---------0.--------10.------15.-------15-------56
Daan------------------10.--------?---------6.--------15--------1---------3--------?
RedBridgeBeach.--------3---------?.--------10--------6---------3---------0--------?

Winner: Chilly

Last edited:

lh34

Awesome Player
Count me in please. I've always liked the idea of points for the 2nd 3rd place finishers.

Last edited:

giuppi

Awesome Player
I'm in as well.

What if two or more players end up with the same score? How will you decide who moves forward?

zspBANNED

Awesome Player
Ah, good catch giuppi. I forgot to include that. Thanks!

Chilly

Administrator
CentCom
Awesome Player
Whiner & CryBaby
M.C. Play Testers
Count me in:

What about an extra round before the finals?
Have the five brackets feed to two brackets: a winners (which is the winners of each first round) and a runner-up bracket (next five highest scores)
Then take three from winners and two from the runner-up brackets to feed the final.
Just a thought

Chilly

Administrator
CentCom
Awesome Player
Whiner & CryBaby
M.C. Play Testers
And shouldn't you let Reserve Type, # of Reinforcements, Reinforcement Path be selected randomly as well? :wink:

zspBANNED

Awesome Player
And shouldn't you let Reserve Type, # of Reinforcements, Reinforcement Path be selected randomly as well? :wink:

There needs to be just a little bit of stability amidst all the chaos, Chilly! I think that's the safest bet, imagine playing on classic massive and randomly getting 0 fortifications!

edsdad

Awesome Player
Gentlemen of Leisure
Enemies of Diplomacy
M.C. Play Testers
Old Soldiers Club
The Canadian Club
The Duellers Society
Kickstarter
In please,thanks

zspBANNED

Awesome Player
Ok, I changed how the settings will be determined; those being randomly chosen could lead to some terribly long/boring games. So I will determine the settings that will fit well with the randomly chosen map.

And to answer your first question, I am going to leave it as is because it is pretty difficult to win your bracket and advance. To allow a middle round where someone who lost in your bracket (which you won) ends up getting to the final round would be annoying. At least in my opinion.

Plus that means more work for me...and I'd rather not have more work!

codanostra

switching to missiles!
O.G.
Awesome Player
count me in as well. 1 on 1 play is what i do best

zspBANNED

Awesome Player
count me in as well. 1 on 1 play is what i do best

Hmmm..maybe I wasn't very clear with the rules, they definitely could have been written more clearly...Anyway, check out rule #3, all games are 5 player free-for-all games. There MAY be 1v1 games if there is a tie at the end of a round..but that most likely wont happen...

Still in?

Last edited:

codanostra

switching to missiles!
O.G.
Awesome Player
Hmmm..maybe I wasn't very clear with the rules, they definitely could have been written more clearly...Anyway, check out rule #3, all games are 5 player free-for-all games. There MAY be 1v1 games if there is a tie at the end of a round..but that most likely wont happen...

Still in?

oh sorry, yeah i knew that :D yeah i'm still in

Valdus

Awesome Player
Ill jump in, the rules are in a fog of war for me but that is half the fun.

samular

Ambassador
Awesome Player
Add me. I need to rebuild my rep after my terrible slide down the ranks and 10 days of half-hearted, vacation-sabotaged effort.