• Points are back! Read about it HERE

current issues

1 - NEW PLAYERS - Players who created an account on or after Oct 15 2023 are not able to log into the forum
    2 - AWOL - We do not have an AWOL button under the ACTIVE tab yet. Please check each game to see if you are AWOL.
    3 - STUCK GAMES - Some games will not load properly. If you encounter this, please post stuck games HERE

Thanks.

• Welcome to Major Command's RISK Game forum.

If you are a registered player, please log in:

If you are new to Major Command and would like to
    play our RISK game online. Then please sign up here:

Zsp has been banned.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Badorties

Boss General (Retired on a Desert Island)
O.G.
Awesome Player
Gentlemen of Leisure
AADOMM
M.C. Play Testers
The Embassy
The Wiki Bar
Normally I don't announce bannings in public, but since Zsp was such a high profile player around here, I thought it warranted comment.

An investigation by the MajCom Criminal Investigation Command has concluded that zsp have cheated in several games by colluding with another player to take out opponents prior to the game starting. This is obviously unfair and not allowed here. Additionally, after several and repeated altercations with players and staff members, I have chosen to ban Zsp from MajorCommand.com for a period of not less than 6 months. Additionally, his points have been reset.

We do hope that Zsp returns at that point in good form and is ready to start anew.

Feel free to comment but please be respectful. Further details of the case will not be disclosed. This thread will also be locked after the discussion has run its course or 4 days from now, which ever comes first.

Robinette

omigod, totally bitchen, furshur, furshur
Awesome Player
M.C. Play Testers
shocked-face-of-little-girl.jpg

omigod...

so is this the 1st?
sure wish it could be the last...

hey... was i one of the victims?

stonebergftw

Awesome Player
all I can say is wow. on that note badorties, I personally think that all bannings should be announced publically with an admin locked pinned thread.

Badorties

O.G.
Awesome Player
Gentlemen of Leisure
AADOMM
M.C. Play Testers
The Embassy
The Wiki Bar
all I can say is wow. on that note badorties, I personally think that all bannings should be announced publically with an admin locked pinned thread.

Thats overkill. I end up banning several users a week. Mostly for having offensive names. It's more user maintenance than anything work noting.

Marauder

Awesome Player
Yes! +1 in the rankings! Wait, who is zsp?

jk ... except for the excitement for +1 in the rankings :)

stonebergftw

Awesome Player
Thats overkill. I end up banning several users a week. Mostly for having offensive names. It's more user maintenance than anything work noting.

Noted, although I was primarily referring to banning related to cheating. OMG a wall of shame!

Daan

Awesome Player
Holy shit.... Whats gonna happen with his 'victims' and his partner in crime? Is the other player also a high profile player?

Kjell

Awesome Player
It's a shame. If I may ask, how did you find out about it?

edsdad

Awesome Player
Gentlemen of Leisure
Enemies of Diplomacy
M.C. Play Testers
Old Soldiers Club
The Canadian Club
The Duellers Society
Kickstarter
Let this be a warning to all those who mess with the rules,you will get busted !
Good job MajCom Criminal Investigation Command ,keep em honest.
As for the victims,what is going to happen with them ?
Points re-set maybe ?

Badorties

O.G.
Awesome Player
Gentlemen of Leisure
AADOMM
M.C. Play Testers
The Embassy
The Wiki Bar
We will not be compensating victims for many reason, but mostly because it would be a ton of investigative and admin work to do. Perhaps not now in beta, but it would set a precedent for when there is 20x the cases of cheating once we are public. It's really only a handful of players who lost a handful of points.

Stoneberger, I am not so sure a wall of shame is a good thing.

stonebergftw

Awesome Player
Stoneberger, I am not so sure a wall of shame is a good thing.

On second thought, you are definitely right about that. There's no sense in even putting the thought that you can possibly cheat, into people's heads unnecessarily.

lh34

Awesome Player
An investigation by the MajCom Criminal Investigation Command has concluded that zsp have cheated in several games by colluding with another player to take out opponents prior to the game starting. This is obviously unfair and not allowed here.

I really don't see why this is such a big deal. It sounds like he just made a early truce. Am I missing something?

mapguy

Awesome Player
Cheaters ruin it for the rest of us. I am happy when I see one of them brought down.

Most, (but not all), cheaters are not very smart people, and will eventually be caught. But, there are enough of them around, that at any given time there will be cheaters taking the seats of honest players on the leaderboard. I do not believe that there are very many at the present, but once this place has thousands of players, there will be enough of them that the leaderboard will become a joke just like the countless other sites. We will just have to accept this fact, and do our best to structure things in such a way that reduces their presence.

landmine

Awesome Player
i`m out of the forums because of him.
Now i`m back

whahahahaha very nice one.

What can i say more......

Best day of Majorcommand

Cheaters are not welcome :cheers::cheers::cheers:

Last edited:

Badorties

O.G.
Awesome Player
Gentlemen of Leisure
AADOMM
M.C. Play Testers
The Embassy
The Wiki Bar
I really don't see why this is such a big deal. It sounds like he just made a early truce. Am I missing something?

It would be like this. "Hey lh34, lets start ten 6-player singles games. We team up in every game to kill the other 4 players. In five of the games I get to take you out, in the other five, you can take me out."

Collusion prior to the game starting is cheating.

landmine

Awesome Player
If he (and others) are banned and he is out off Pionts leader why not:

ranking in:
Most Decorated,
Consecutive Defeated Opponents (Current),
Consecutive Defeated Opponents (All Time),
Most Opponents Defeated,

I know for sure there is one more on Consecutive Defeated Opponents (Current) but his name is still there.

Take all what they got.....

And dont forget the medals what they have win with cheating.

Last edited:

Evan

Jr. Programmer I
O.G.
Awesome Player
M.C. Play Testers

ranking in:
Most Decorated,
Most Opponents Defeated,

I know for sure there is one more on Consecutive Defeated Opponents (Current) but his name is still there.

Yeah we need to implement some of this. Also dontl ike people on the boards who are no longer active members.

Robinette

omigod, totally bitchen, furshur, furshur
Awesome Player
M.C. Play Testers

ranking in:
Most Decorated,
Most Opponents Defeated,

ndi1281l.jpg

it's good to have you back Landmine!

landmine

Awesome Player
Lol.
But..
Maybe he deserves one for a good support with his ideas on this forum. (Somtimes to much)
I`ll not deny that.

Last edited:

codanostra

switching to missiles!
O.G.
Awesome Player
It is unfortunate that zsp felt the need to cheat to reach his way to the top of the boards. I certainly won't miss him while he's gone

Status
Not open for further replies.