• Points are back! Read about it HERE

current issues

1 - NEW PLAYERS - Players who created an account on or after Oct 15 2023 are not able to log into the forum
    2 - AWOL - We do not have an AWOL button under the ACTIVE tab yet. Please check each game to see if you are AWOL.
    3 - STUCK GAMES - Some games will not load properly. If you encounter this, please post stuck games HERE

Thanks.

• Welcome to Major Command's RISK Game forum.

If you are a registered player, please log in:

If you are new to Major Command and would like to
    play our RISK game online. Then please sign up here:

Why so slow?

Woodruff

Awesome Player
Why does it take so long to load the map? I'm confused by this, as it seems to me that it should be a very simple data load. I've not seen this length of time being necessary on several other similar sites.

ORBOTRON

O.G.
Awesome Player
Ouch! 7.2 is probably the max if you scale a cell tower and strap yourself to one of their antennas. Still, as horrible as that speed is, it shouldn't be taking that long.

Upvote 0

greenoaks

Awesome Player
i tested it a few more times, that ended up being the 2nd best score. it got a lot worse.

my connection box often says i have a 4 or 5 bar connection but nothing is downloading, so it is not just this site. i would be more active on the forums and play more than 2 games at a time if it wasn't for my pathetic commection.

Upvote 0

kraytex

Awesome Player
The only time I have load problems is when running in ChromeOS. Otherwise the maps load within 5-15 seconds and the actions occur almost instantenously.

But in ChromeOS the browser crashes A LOT when moving between actions. Not MCs problem....just something I've noticed about that OS.

Are you on the dev or beta channel? All the problems I experienced with the OS was because I was using the dev channel. I switched to the beta channel and I haven't had problems with it since.

Upvote 0

waverley

Awesome Player
I'm using Chrome as well, and besides what a few others have said about konk, I find the maps (albeit) much simpler load pretty quickly at victorsunited and strat game network. MC's are by far the prettiest though, and worth the wait IMo.

Upvote 0

Rimbaud

Awesome Player
Knights of MC Realm
M.C. Clan Council
The Duellers Society
League of Gentlepeople
T.O's.
time to load game 3-8 min. i have lost a lot of turns in real time games when i start them and i got to deploy first. speedtest says: 0.79download speed, pretty poor, i search on bugs or something with my computer or internet tht could make it go slower but didnt found anything, i pretty think its connection slowness :(.

But anyway that is pretty anoying and not as a complain but as a recomendation you guys should try to get it faster, like, i know this case is not so your fault, but i cant change my internet modem, neither hire a better connection, and when the site get public i think there will be more people like me, think about it =)

Upvote 0

Badorties

Boss General (Retired on a Desert Island)
O.G.
Awesome Player
Gentlemen of Leisure
AADOMM
M.C. Play Testers
The Embassy
The Wiki Bar
I'm using Chrome as well, and besides what a few others have said about konk, I find the maps (albeit) much simpler load pretty quickly at victorsunited and strat game network. MC's are by far the prettiest though, and worth the wait IMo.

Thanks wavely, quite a compliment coming from you. :wink:

time to load game 3-8 min. i have lost a lot of turns in real time games when i start them and i got to deploy first. speedtest says: 0.79download speed, pretty poor, i search on bugs or something with my computer or internet tht could make it go slower but didnt found anything, i pretty think its connection slowness :(.

But anyway that is pretty anoying and not as a complain but as a recomendation you guys should try to get it faster, like, i know this case is not so your fault, but i cant change my internet modem, neither hire a better connection, and when the site get public i think there will be more people like me, think about it =)

we feel your plight. the speed should increase once we get around to optimizing this ol ship.

Upvote 0

juicy87

Awesome Player
Im currently at school, and the maps are loading a lot quicker than at home. PC sucks here, internet rocks. At home it's the other way around.

Upvote 0

Evan

Jr. Programmer I
O.G.
Awesome Player
M.C. Play Testers
Are you on the dev or beta channel? All the problems I experienced with the OS was because I was using the dev channel. I switched to the beta channel and I haven't had problems with it since.

Yeah dev is definitely slow and often unstable as Im mucking about the code

Upvote 0

Evan

Jr. Programmer I
O.G.
Awesome Player
M.C. Play Testers
...load pretty quickly at victorsunited and strat game network.

It is, as you observed, because of the difference in map quality. They are able to use vectors for their low-detail graphics, which are much smaller than what we are using.

Thx

Upvote 0