• Welcome to Major Command's RISK Game forum.

If you are an existing player, please log in:   LOG IN
    If you are new to Major Command and would like to play our RISK game online. Then please sign up here:   SIGN UP

• current issues

1 - NEW PLAYERS - Players who created an account on or after May 16 2024 are not able to login to the forum
    2 - AWOL - We do not have an AWOL button under the ACTIVE tab yet. Please check each game to see if you are AWOL.

Thanks.

The Tournament Generator

Tapeworm

Awesome Player
Cosa Nostra
M.C. Play Testers
The Wiki Bar
T.O's.
Looks like one of mine has a round 2 Crusade with only 12 players. Dangit. I'll send a message to Sheriff about it. Thanks for the heads up ndrm31.

https://www.majorcommand.com/tournaments/1995/

Corrected and safe to join again! The second round is singles now.

Last edited:

ndrm31

Awesome Player
Cosa Nostra
Fixed Force Club
Assassins Guild
Enemies of Diplomacy
Knights of MC Realm
M.C. Play Testers
The Borg
League of Gentlepeople
T.O's.
2000.jpg

9 SPOTS AFRICA fixed ASSASSIN, "run forest run"
https://www.majorcommand.com/tournaments/2000/

Tapeworm

Awesome Player
Cosa Nostra
M.C. Play Testers
The Wiki Bar
T.O's.

BearNecessities

Awesome Player
The 'B' Squad
Enemies of Diplomacy
T.O's.
Dearest admins. I, Bear Necessities, would like to formally submit a petition to become a tournament organizer. I believe that, should you be amenable to bestowing this unique privilege upon me, you shall find me to be a worthy investment. Thank you in advance for your consideration. Cheers.

Tapeworm

Awesome Player
Cosa Nostra
M.C. Play Testers
The Wiki Bar
T.O's.
I hereby endorse Bear's application to be an organizer.

JCUK

Awesome Player
The 'B' Squad
Generals
M.C. Play Testers
The Wiki Bar
T.O's.
I fully concur, I don't know him/her but after that eloquent request who could deny :biggrin:

Also if F15 supports them then so do I.

riskyone

Awesome Player
Whiner & CryBaby
Fixed Force Club
Enemies of Diplomacy
Generals
Knights of MC Realm
M.C. Play Testers
Old Soldiers Club
The Borg
Kickstarter
Dearest admins. I, Bear Necessities, would like to formally submit a petition to become a tournament organizer. I believe that, should you be amenable to bestowing this unique privilege upon me, you shall find me to be a worthy investment. Thank you in advance for your consideration. Cheers.

I know you will do a good job. I hope you can please as many as possible. My one request. Please limit the number of tournaments that have 3 player games. My opinion but many concur. Good luck.

Redstorm

Awesome Player
The 'B' Squad
Knights of MC Realm
M.C. Play Testers
The Embassy
T.O's.
Kickstarter
sign him up

Cardinalsrule

Administrator
Staff member
CentCom
Awesome Player
Whiner & CryBaby
Fixed Force Club
AADOMM
Assassins Guild
Enemies of Diplomacy
Generals
Knights of MC Realm
M.C. Clan Council
M.C. Play Testers
The Borg
The Embassy
T.O's.
Kickstarter
OK, Bear, you're now a TO. Please read the info in the TO forum and ask questions; also please keep the tourneys small at first, tourneys with 40 or more players are taking a long time to fill up currently. Have fun!

riskyone

Awesome Player
Whiner & CryBaby
Fixed Force Club
Enemies of Diplomacy
Generals
Knights of MC Realm
M.C. Play Testers
Old Soldiers Club
The Borg
Kickstarter
OK, Bear, you're now a TO. Please read the info in the TO forum and ask questions; also please keep the tourneys small at first, tourneys with 40 or more players are taking a long time to fill up currently. Have fun!

Congrats. I look forward to the first few your creative mind will come up with to challenge even the most seasoned tournament players. Have fun

BearNecessities

Awesome Player
The 'B' Squad
Enemies of Diplomacy
T.O's.

Thank you Cardinal for the TO privilege, and a big thanks to the other folks who spoke up in support. Looking forward to trying my hand at tournament organization.

BearNecessities

Awesome Player
The 'B' Squad
Enemies of Diplomacy
T.O's.
A question for the experienced tournament folks:

Is it possible to have the winner of a tournament's final round be a team rather than an individual? I'd like to launch a doubles tournament with the final round being a 2v2, with points shared between the two players on the winning team.

Thanks!

Tapeworm

Awesome Player
Cosa Nostra
M.C. Play Testers
The Wiki Bar
T.O's.
Get your trips medal!

Lokiskittens

Awesome Player
League of Gentlepeople
I like 3 player games, starting with 27 players, (9 games, 3 games, final)
I also like the ribbons, what if you did a map ribbon, example "Mars Tournament Master"
This requires some work, but if you ran four (or six or nine) 27 player tournaments on Mars, where each tournament winner got invited to play a final game on Mars (or in case of nine tournament winners 3*3 tourney) where the winner got a "Mars Tournament Master" ribbon.
This could be done with almost any map, settings may have to be tailored to the different maps.
Cost should be low (3-10 points). If there is interest, I'll be more than happy to supply the Banner and writeup for the tourney description. I'll even keep track of tourney winners and set up the Master final for the ribbon.

If people dont like 3 player the same setup can be done with 4 player
32 players, 8 games of 4, 2 games of 4, final 1 v 1

Last edited: