• Welcome to Major Command's RISK Game forum.

If you are an existing player, please log in:   LOG IN
    If you are new to Major Command and would like to play our RISK game online. Then please sign up here:   SIGN UP

• current issues

1 - NEW PLAYERS - Players who created an account on or after May 16 2024 are not able to login to the forum
    2 - AWOL - We do not have an AWOL button under the ACTIVE tab yet. Please check each game to see if you are AWOL.

Thanks.

The Tournament Generator

TormentaBANNED

Awesome Player
1vs.1 finals for 1vs.1 tourneys are fine, if getting there is mostly luck they should end in the same way. My proposal was about avoiding 1vs.1 finals in tourneys which are not composed of 1vs.1 previously.

Redstorm

Awesome Player
The 'B' Squad
Knights of MC Realm
M.C. Play Testers
The Embassy
T.O's.
Kickstarter
There are numerous guidelines that Tournament Organizers (TO) have to follow when creating a tourney, some 'official' some by 'guidance or custom'. For example, each TO has an individual restriction to the number of players and points buy in. Additionally, a guidance has been established to discourage small player tournies of less than 10 players. There has been many instances of tournies not finishing because the last game is a team or mercenary game which is a good reason to avoid those. Having said all that, there is normally a good selection of maps, formats etc available at any time in the tourney queue. A TO also has a tendency to create tournies using, whether intentional or not, his own preferred formats (I know I'm guilty of that LOL). I have to say that NDRM has been outstanding in creating requested tournies via this thread and I, for one, will start checking this forum out when preparing to create a tourney for other ideas than just my own. Good questions all.

ndrm31

Awesome Player
Cosa Nostra
Fixed Force Club
Assassins Guild
Enemies of Diplomacy
Knights of MC Realm
M.C. Play Testers
The Borg
League of Gentlepeople
T.O's.
2 spots left!

JCUK

Awesome Player
The 'B' Squad
Generals
M.C. Play Testers
The Wiki Bar
T.O's.
On the discussion of 1vs1, I have read through and the feeling is, if 1v1 all the way through then no problem but try not to end larger tourneys on 1vs1 as the skill turns to luck to end the tourney.

Thats a fair point. There seems to be a demand a for 1vs1 16 player tourneys so i will continue to create these.

calume

Awesome Player
Generals
M.C. Play Testers
Old Soldiers Club
The Canadian Club
League of Gentlepeople
T.O's.
Some tourney players may like one particular settings, some others may likes particular maps, some others may like smaller ones, some others may dislikes team games, all tastes could be differents when it comes to creates tourney, I am in favour of diversity, the tourney page should be something for all tastes, some tourney could take longer to get going which is no big deal, once in a while a crusade, once in a while a sixers, fivers, quads is all fine! joining a tourney or not is the option, let's keep it attractive and diversified so all angles are cover. good work by all so far. Cheers

JCUK

Awesome Player
The 'B' Squad
Generals
M.C. Play Testers
The Wiki Bar
T.O's.
I think the different style of tournaments each TO creates provides the right amount of diversity to meet what everyone wants from a tournament so I am generally happy. I know you guys had a break for a while but it's good to see you back creating some interesting tourneys.

Tino-Bambino

Awesome Player
Los Bambinos
Los Bambinos

Hello Risk Family :)

Los Bambinos Clan here, we would like to create one (for all welcome of course)

I would like the colorful Asia map that showed up a while ago in real time auto offered games

ROUND 1 - 9 games with 3 players = 27 (singles, flat rate, chance (the rest is open, 1 anywhere or 3 path...)

ROUND 2 - 1 game with 3 TEAMS of 3 players (same settings / map) (option: fixed force to make it more hard...)

calume

Awesome Player
Generals
M.C. Play Testers
Old Soldiers Club
The Canadian Club
League of Gentlepeople
T.O's.
Hello Risk Family :)

Los Bambinos Clan here, we would like to create one (for all welcome of course)

I would like the colorful Asia map that showed up a while ago in real time auto offered games

ROUND 1 - 9 games with 3 players = 27 (singles, flat rate, chance (the rest is open, 1 anywhere or 3 path...)

ROUND 2 - 1 game with 3 TEAMS of 3 players (same settings / map) (option: fixed force to make it more hard...)

Hello Bambinos,

Unfortunately, it won't work, last round of a tourney can't be double, triples, quads etc, has to end with a single winner, it would work by adding a round among the last 3 players.

the award could be split among the last 3 players, like 50/50 which means 50% to the winner, and 50% split between the other two players

let me know, and indicate what kind of theme you would like so I can get the proper banner and decription

Cheers

Tino-Bambino

Awesome Player
Los Bambinos
Okay, a third round of only 3 singles would work? Any option would be cool. Like to see the map return 1 time for a tourney

masterjskye

Level ∞: Shadow Master
CentCom
Awesome Player
Generals
League of Shadows
M.C. Play Testers
The Embassy
T.O's.
I see. And how will it end? I'm just curious

Marcos will probably have to go in and fix it, or just delete it and give out the points manually.

TormentaBANNED

Awesome Player
It will be bugged, I find it fine no teams winning tourneys, fair with people who cares about tourney wins

I don't know, but in the existing cases the winners should get all the rewards, it's not their fault but the site's.

TormentaBANNED

Awesome Player
If you have informed about that one, the winners will get the points, the victory and the UDOs sooner or later as master said.