• Welcome to Major Command's RISK Game forum.

If you are an existing player, please log in:   LOG IN
    If you are new to Major Command and would like to play our RISK game online. Then please sign up here:   SIGN UP

• current issues

1 - NEW PLAYERS - Players who created an account on or after May 16 2024 are not able to login to the forum
    2 - AWOL - We do not have an AWOL button under the ACTIVE tab yet. Please check each game to see if you are AWOL.

Thanks.

The Tournament Generator

Fieldmarshall

Awesome Player
Generals
M.C. Play Testers
The Borg
T.O's.
I have a tournament idea , have you ever played a MMO like WoW or AoC or the like ? My idea is to have a recurring tournament like the Battlegrounds or Mini-Games you could even make the name of the tournament called Battlegrounds . When the tournament is over it will start over again with sign-ups a never ending tournament . You could even have more than one Battleground you could have Battleground Classic Antiquus , Battleground Massive ect . My problem with tournaments is when it comes down to a 3 or 4 player is pretty lame . My idea for example is - Battleground Classic Antiquus - 32 player - Round 1 - 4 games - Classic Antiquus 8 player escalate chance 1 reinforcement path
Round 2- 2 games - Classic Antiquus 1 VS 1 escalate chance 1 reinforcement path
Round 3 - 1 game - Classic Antiquus 1 VS 1 for the winner - winner take all
And then when the tournament was over you could have another Battleground Antiquus start up right away !

Last edited:

ndrm31

Awesome Player
Cosa Nostra
Fixed Force Club
Assassins Guild
Enemies of Diplomacy
Knights of MC Realm
M.C. Play Testers
The Borg
League of Gentlepeople
T.O's.
NEW TOURNEYS HUGE POINTS

ndrm31

Awesome Player
Cosa Nostra
Fixed Force Club
Assassins Guild
Enemies of Diplomacy
Knights of MC Realm
M.C. Play Testers
The Borg
League of Gentlepeople
T.O's.
I have a tournament idea , have you ever played a MMO like WoW or AoC or the like ? My idea is to have a recurring tournament like the Battlegrounds or Mini-Games you could even make the name of the tournament called Battlegrounds . When the tournament is over it will start over again with sign-ups a never ending tournament . You could even have more than one Battleground you could have Battleground Classic Antiquus , Battleground Massive ect . My problem with tournaments is when it comes down to a 3 or 4 player is pretty lame . My idea for example is - Battleground Classic Antiquus - 32 player - Round 1 - 4 games - Classic Antiquus 8 player escalate chance 1 reinforcement path
Round 2- 2 games - Classic Antiquus 1 VS 1 escalate chance 1 reinforcement path
Round 3 - 1 game - Classic Antiquus 1 VS 1 for the winner - winner take all
And then when the tournament was over you could have another Battleground Antiquus start up right away !

Hi, I like the idea, when I made the MAKE IT MINNI series, I finished a bit tired of doing it :s, maybe with 15 or 16 players it works better (3p game if its 15) but count with me in the near future :)

AuraCraft

Awesome Player
Enemies of Diplomacy
Generals
I've joined the only tournament with only 2 player games available but I'd like to see more of them;
Preferably complicated* maps and a different map for every round and different settings** each round so your skills are tested thoroughly and you lose when you can't respond to different circumstances:)
*other than e.g. Australia, Classic, Europe Massive, Far East, NA, USA etc
**such as 3 border/1 anywhere/unlimited path

I'd also like a tournament with 2 teams of 2 players each round, where you get to choose your team mate for all 3 rounds

Last edited:

ndrm31

Awesome Player
Cosa Nostra
Fixed Force Club
Assassins Guild
Enemies of Diplomacy
Knights of MC Realm
M.C. Play Testers
The Borg
League of Gentlepeople
T.O's.
thanks for the feedback and yes. not all like 2 p games and they were many of them last days

AuraCraft

Awesome Player
Enemies of Diplomacy
Generals
I guess I checked the list of open ones out just after those started, pity :(
I suppose you dont do notifications (?) so I'll be on the lookout for any new 2 player tournaments

ndrm31

Awesome Player
Cosa Nostra
Fixed Force Club
Assassins Guild
Enemies of Diplomacy
Knights of MC Realm
M.C. Play Testers
The Borg
League of Gentlepeople
T.O's.
I guess I checked the list of open ones out just after those started, pity :(
I suppose you dont do notifications (?) so I'll be on the lookout for any new 2 player tournaments

misunderstood you, Ill start one now and invite you

AuraCraft

Awesome Player
Enemies of Diplomacy
Generals
great, thanks
the cherry on the pie would've been a mini map (duck and cover or mesopotamia) coz its a different gameplay than maps with more territories so that's what I'll ask for next time^^and I'm happy with this one

Last edited:

ndrm31

Awesome Player
Cosa Nostra
Fixed Force Club
Assassins Guild
Enemies of Diplomacy
Knights of MC Realm
M.C. Play Testers
The Borg
League of Gentlepeople
T.O's.

AuraCraft

Awesome Player
Enemies of Diplomacy
Generals
I can't say I'm a fan of those two team quads fivers or sixers games with an experienced team of strategists awaiting a team of random players (be they grunts or not) in order to trickle up some points but I think it's different with teams of 2 strategists in a tournament coz most of them know what they're doing... Yet there are some strategists that have a few dozen ongoing games so they don't have the time to pay proper attention to a doubles tournament game so I wouldn't like this kind of player to be randomly selected as my teammate.

Last edited:

TormentaBANNED

Awesome Player
Hi, I don't know if this is the place but I would like to make a proposal to the tournament organizers (great work, by the way!): I don't think that tourney finals should be 1vs.1.

The reason is that, in general, you have to play well to get to the final and when you get there you just depend on the dice (always important, but much more in 1vs.1). So it spoils the tournaments a bit.

Maybe there are reasons for that that I don't know, but well that's my proposal if organisers like it. Thanks!

ndrm31

Awesome Player
Cosa Nostra
Fixed Force Club
Assassins Guild
Enemies of Diplomacy
Knights of MC Realm
M.C. Play Testers
The Borg
League of Gentlepeople
T.O's.
Hi, thanks Eduardo. this is the place and yep, it was be suggested in the pasta, the idea is to avoid that but in 1 vs 1 tourneys, thamks!

Roscokov

Awesome Player
Knights of MC Realm
The Borg
I don't mind 1v1 finals in any tournament (win some lose some) - there is usually quite a variety but the recent ones have been more 1v1 i suppose.

I do prefer it when the points in the 1v1 finals are split between the top two though.

F15FreeEagle

Awesome Player
The 'B' Squad
M.C. Clan Council
M.C. Play Testers
The Borg
T.O's.
I don't mind 1v1 finals in any tournament (win some lose some) - there is usually quite a variety but the recent ones have been more 1v1 i suppose.

I do prefer it when the points in the 1v1 finals are split between the top two though.

Bingo. In my opinion anyway, I think the tournaments that end 1vs1 should be a 50/50 split, especially if they are 3 rounds or more.

AuraCraft

Awesome Player
Enemies of Diplomacy
Generals
I prefer all 2 player tournaments, including the last round I don't care whether I get only half the points
I used to be good at mercenary multiplayer games but nowadays I just lack the patience
Also they fill up rather fast so I don't see the problem. If you don't win coz you go 2nd there's always the next tournament

How about this one;

1st round - Africa - 2p - escalite - unlimited - anywhere
2nd round - Mesopotamia - 2p - flat rate - one anywhere
3rd round - 12 domains - 2 players - esalite - one path -
4th round - NUKES - 2p - escalite - one - path

iamthewalrus

Awesome Player
Generals
Spaceballs
Yeah, I like the 2 player idea AuraCraft mentions. And I also like the thinking that there's always the next one.