• Points are back! Read about it HERE

current issues

1 - NEW PLAYERS - Players who created an account on or after Oct 15 2023 are not able to log into the forum
    2 - AWOL - We do not have an AWOL button under the ACTIVE tab yet. Please check each game to see if you are AWOL.
    3 - STUCK GAMES - Some games will not load properly. If you encounter this, please post stuck games HERE

Thanks.

• Welcome to Major Command's RISK Game forum.

If you are a registered player, please log in:

If you are new to Major Command and would like to
    play our RISK game online. Then please sign up here:

Some general queries...

Virtuoso

Awesome Player
Ok. So does that mean if I want to conquer a tert that has 3 troops, I need a minimum of 6 troops? And after the attack I'll have 3 troops left holding 2 territories?

Edit. No that's not right. So I would need 5 troops to conquer a 3, but that leaves 1 troop on each of 2 terts right?

periwinkle

Staff member
Awesome Player
Whiner & CryBaby
Fixed Force Club
Enemies of Diplomacy
Generals
Knights of MC Realm
The Borg
The Canadian Club
The Embassy
The Wiki Bar
T.O's.
M.C. Youtubers
Kickstarter
With FF you need to 2 more troops to kill off that person...however that means you are very weak and someone can kill you off ...so, you need to calculate if the sets you are cashing in will cover the troop loss in the attack. If you want to clear the board you need to do it in such a way that your stacks are in a position to be used ....too many people try to defend their command and are unable to kill someone ...you need the troops to be in the right spot and the right time. I love this setting ...definitely involves more brain power and anticipating how the others will play. Feel free to look at my archives games...I won a few....

periwinkle

Staff member
Awesome Player
Whiner & CryBaby
Fixed Force Club
Enemies of Diplomacy
Generals
Knights of MC Realm
The Borg
The Canadian Club
The Embassy
The Wiki Bar
T.O's.
M.C. Youtubers
Kickstarter
Ok. So does that mean if I want to conquer a tert that has 3 troops, I need a minimum of 6 troops? And after the attack I'll have 3 troops left holding 2 territories?

Edit. No that's not right. So I would need 5 troops to conquer a 3, but that leaves 1 troop on each of 2 terts right?

5v3 will give you 1 on one tert and 2 on the other. You will have a choice to advance 1 or 2 to the conquered tert.

I can set up a quick 1v1 FF training game if you like. Message me...plus any others that are interested.

Virtuoso

Awesome Player
I don't think that's necessary as I'm in a force game with you now. But I'm a bit confused. I had 13 on a tert, and blitzed a 5. I was expecting to have 9 troops still alive and holding both terts. I had 8. Is that right or am I mis-remembering?

With a big stack, if we blitz a tert with N troops (with N > 1), how many of our troops die? Is it N or N-1?

Virtuoso

Awesome Player
My understanding is that when we attack with an infinite stack, the last enemy kill occurs without a loss to us. It's the remaining enemy troops that get killed at a 1 to 1 ratio to our own, and hence to kill N (with N > 1), we sacrifice N - 1. Yes? So the example above, killing 5 and losing 5 is me mis-remembering?

periwinkle

Staff member
Awesome Player
Whiner & CryBaby
Fixed Force Club
Enemies of Diplomacy
Generals
Knights of MC Realm
The Borg
The Canadian Club
The Embassy
The Wiki Bar
T.O's.
M.C. Youtubers
Kickstarter
You did have 9 troops left....you had a choice to advance to a max of 8...don't forget you need to leave at least 1 troop behind . So how I like to think of this is 13-5=8...8 available troops to advance . Does that make sense ?

Virtuoso

Awesome Player
No I misremembered. I attacked with 12 and ended with 8 alive.

periwinkle

Staff member
Awesome Player
Whiner & CryBaby
Fixed Force Club
Enemies of Diplomacy
Generals
Knights of MC Realm
The Borg
The Canadian Club
The Embassy
The Wiki Bar
T.O's.
M.C. Youtubers
Kickstarter
That’s correct.....12-5=7.

You have up to 7 troops to advance.
:beers:

Virtuoso

Awesome Player
Outcomes?

6v5 --> 2v1
3v3 --> ??
3v5 --> ??

Thanks.

Virtuoso

Awesome Player
I guess what I'm asking is, regardless, a 3rd troop attack is always successful?

Cardinalsrule

Administrator
Staff member
CentCom
Awesome Player
Whiner & CryBaby
Fixed Force Club
AADOMM
Assassins Guild
Enemies of Diplomacy
Generals
Knights of MC Realm
M.C. Clan Council
M.C. Play Testers
The Borg
The Embassy
T.O's.
Kickstarter
If you attack with 3 troops against a tert with more than 1, you will each lose 1.

Virtuoso

Awesome Player
OK - so a bit of a tongue-in-cheek proposal: The Superset and the Superduperset.

Sets are made up of cards.

3 of a kind, or 3 unmatched: A Set. Are traded for the 1.0 X the value of the reserves.

4 of a kind: A Superset. Are traded for 1.67 x the value of the reserves. (So a "gain" of having an extra card, since 4 cards have a value of 1.33 X the reserves)

5 of a kind: A Superduperset. Are traded for 2.33 X the value of the reserves. (So a "gain" of two extra cards, since 5 cards have a value of 1.67 X the reserves).

:biggrin:

Attachments

• Untitled.jpg
    Untitled.jpg
    109.4 KB · Views: 72

Virtuoso

Awesome Player
Ok 2 more.

Diplomatic treaties - when do they end? It seems the number of rounds they are in effect are complete rounds, and do not include the round during in which they are agreed to?

Turns taken. If we go AWOL, does the turns taken counter go up for the turns missed?

Thanks in advance.

riskyone

Awesome Player
Whiner & CryBaby
Fixed Force Club
Enemies of Diplomacy
Generals
Knights of MC Realm
M.C. Play Testers
Old Soldiers Club
The Borg
Kickstarter
Outcomes?

6v5 --> 2v1
3v3 --> ??
3v5 --> ??

Thanks.

3x3 ends 2x2 3x5 ends 2x4 Diplo treaties don't count the round they are signed. They end at the end of a round.

Sebrim

Awesome Player
Fixed Force Club
Knights of MC Realm
M.C. Play Testers
The Borg
The Wiki Bar
3. Also WRT the above link. So I eliminated a player (my first in a mercenary). I notice my score was updated immediately, but my kill count and kill streak were not. So those get updated when the game is finished? But how does that work? Suppose I kill 3 players then die. Is that a 3-game winning streak or a 1-game losing streak?

Hiya and welcome to MAjCom, gotoliya! Yes, you're right, the points and the UDO-count are not linked to each other. Your mercenary-UDOs (and other UDOs too gained in Mercenary-games) are only awarded if you're the last player standing, and then you get all other players as UDOs, even if you only managed to kill the last remaining opponent.

There was some discussions whether this coud/should be changed, but the decision was that it should remain as is.

Virtuoso

Awesome Player
Q. If we join a tournament, pay the points, quit the tournament, then join the same tourney again, do we pay the points fee a 2nd time?