• Points are back! Read about it HERE

current issues

1 - NEW PLAYERS - Players who created an account on or after Oct 15 2023 are not able to log into the forum
    2 - AWOL - We do not have an AWOL button under the ACTIVE tab yet. Please check each game to see if you are AWOL.
    3 - STUCK GAMES - Some games will not load properly. If you encounter this, please post stuck games HERE

Thanks.

• Welcome to Major Command's RISK Game forum.

If you are a registered player, please log in:

If you are new to Major Command and would like to
    play our RISK game online. Then please sign up here:

Some general queries...

Bluebonnet

Awesome Player
Enemies of Diplomacy
Knights of MC Realm
The Duellers Society
Ah. Ok that makes sense. If it was 20 never-before-beaten players, that would be incredibly difficult.

Nope, not that difficult. :)

Virtuoso

Awesome Player
So what's the absolute minimum score one can get for a kill? I imagine it's the "100-point-loss" scenario, just reversed as a "win". So the person who would've lost 100 to someone, would in fact gain the minimum. Yes? Is it one?

Rimbaud told me that at his score, he basically needs to kill 3 for every own "death", just to stay even.

th-child

Administrator
CentCom
Awesome Player
Whiner & CryBaby
Fixed Force Club
Generals
M.C. Play Testers
The Borg
The Duellers Society
T.O's.
I don't think there is a lower limit for winning points.
It is calculated according to the following formula: (Defeated's score/Winner's score)*30.

So to win exactly 1 point, the winner's score has to be 30 times higher than the loser's. And that's it.
For example, your score is 3072 atm (congrats, btw), so if you lose a duel to someone with a score of 3072*30=92160, they will get 1 point, and you will lose 1 point.

If you win against someone with a score of 3072/30=102,4, it's the other way around.

I don't know if fractions are rounded up or down, and what happens if somebody has 0 points and/or what would happen if somebody's score would turn into negative.

Questions, questions. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

(Nice solution btw for the fewest-completed-games-to-get-to-3000 dilemma!)

th-child

Administrator
CentCom
Awesome Player
Whiner & CryBaby
Fixed Force Club
Generals
M.C. Play Testers
The Borg
The Duellers Society
T.O's.
I think you have to have an active game in the last 30 days, just logging in is not enough.

Virtuoso

Awesome Player
Can anyone explain tournaments briefly? They may seem obvious to you but they may not necessarily seem obvious to a newbie.

The current available tournament is:
EngineerAirborne's First Tournament
Players: 32
Buy In: 10 points
Awarded: 32 points
Award Breakdown: 80,20

OK. So I get the buy-in. I don't get "Awarded" (who gets 32 points?). What's 80-20?

Thanks.

Virtuoso

Awesome Player
OK - hold on. I just saw the tourney wiki. Hold off on replies.

Virtuoso

Awesome Player
Ok I read throught wiki. Still one query. What is:

?

Thanks.

Redstorm

Awesome Player
The 'B' Squad
Knights of MC Realm
M.C. Play Testers
The Embassy
T.O's.
Kickstarter
Ok I read throught wiki. Still one query. What is:

?

Thanks.
that's just another glitch. The correct amount that will be awarded is 32 X 10 = 320 points

Redstorm

Awesome Player
The 'B' Squad
Knights of MC Realm
M.C. Play Testers
The Embassy
T.O's.
Kickstarter
Are there ever any real-time tourneys?

I would never do one as the nature of real time games would amount to trying to herd chickens making sure everyone is ready for tourney kickoff. Don't think its disallowed just a bit impractical

Virtuoso

Awesome Player
So how is "Turns Taken" calculated?

I introduced a friend to the site. He made his first two plays in 2 out of 3 games. Then he wasn't able to play for a week (flash problems). I looked at his profile page and 2/3 games were over, and it said he had taken like 26 turns or something. So he obviously didn't take those turns. If someone goes AWOL and the game passes through several rounds, do those rounds add to your turns taken?

Redstorm

Awesome Player
The 'B' Squad
Knights of MC Realm
M.C. Play Testers
The Embassy
T.O's.
Kickstarter
So how is "Turns Taken" calculated?

I introduced a friend to the site. He made his first two plays in 2 out of 3 games. Then he wasn't able to play for a week (flash problems). I looked at his profile page and 2/3 games were over, and it said he had taken like 26 turns or something. So he obviously didn't take those turns. If someone goes AWOL and the game passes through several rounds, do those rounds add to your turns taken?

I must have slept thru that part of RISK school lol. My assumption wud be yes that when awol and the game continues u will be charged a turn taken. BTW, when referencing games in questions, etc, please list the game number(s) for the admins. Tks

Virtuoso

Awesome Player
I'm just kinda shooting the breeze, so sorry for the informal nature of my posts. Just wondering how things work that's all. Here's the guy.

https://www.majorcommand.com/user/shing-lun/

His two losses:
https://www.majorcommand.com/games/484554/
https://www.majorcommand.com/games/487148/

He's in 3 active games. I figure he must have played like 8 total turns maybe.

So if we're in a game and are eliminated, and the game continues to proceed through rounds, do those rounds count towards our turns taken count? I've been surprised on occasion to see my turns taken count, as it sometimes jumps faster than I think it should.

Virtuoso

Awesome Player
Can someone explain exactly how Fixed Force works? I'm in a FF game right now, and I just want to make sure I understand how the attacks work.

th-child

Administrator
CentCom
Awesome Player
Whiner & CryBaby
Fixed Force Club
Generals
M.C. Play Testers
The Borg
The Duellers Society
T.O's.
Fixed force means you always roll the same. If you go 3v1, the attackers win without losing a troop, otherwise each player loses the equal amount.
You need at least 3 troops to attack.

So 10v1,1,1,1,1 means the attacker won't lose any troops, and will/can stand at the end with 5 troops.
10 v nine terts with 1 troops means the attacker will come up short, as he will stand 2v1 in front of the last tert, and hence can't attack.
35v50 will always become 2v27.

In practice, it means you can/should calculate your moves precisely, and calculate the enemies' moves as well.

Bluebonnet

Awesome Player
Enemies of Diplomacy
Knights of MC Realm
The Duellers Society
Force
The force option determines how the dice works in game.

Chance - the classic Risk dice rolls, where three dice are rolled by the attacker and two by the defender.
Fixed - When attacking, troops are at 1 to 1 killing ratio. When it is a 6v5, it will get to a 2v1. It is impossible to attack with a region that has one or two troops - only when a region has 3 troops or above can you invade another region.

th-child

Administrator
CentCom
Awesome Player
Whiner & CryBaby
Fixed Force Club
Generals
M.C. Play Testers
The Borg
The Duellers Society
T.O's.
Hey, I was faster. :p