• Points are back! Read about it HERE

current issues

1 - NEW PLAYERS - Players who created an account on or after Oct 15 2023 are not able to log into the forum
    2 - AWOL - We do not have an AWOL button under the ACTIVE tab yet. Please check each game to see if you are AWOL.
    3 - STUCK GAMES - Some games will not load properly. If you encounter this, please post stuck games HERE

Thanks.

• Welcome to Major Command's RISK Game forum.

If you are a registered player, please log in:

If you are new to Major Command and would like to
    play our RISK game online. Then please sign up here:

Official Points are back!

Official

SgtPatton

Awesome Player
Fixed Force Club
The Canadian Club
Kickstarter
How to get rid of old, old games on the "join" list.

1. have them visible (I can only see the more recent games that are waiting for players. I'm sure there used to be a lot, especially of the 12+ players games or games with long ago gone newbie players, that were like zombies waiting for more players to join. What happened to all those? I suspect that if there was a way to scroll down further that those old 'join me' games would become visible too?!?

2. fill up the last 4 to 6 slots with neutral players so that the game launches removing it from the zombie zone.

NewSheriffInTown

Make My Day...
CentCom
Awesome Player
M.C. Play Testers
The Wiki Bar
M.C. Youtubers
What time zone are we using?

GMT. Which has already passed. So points are on for any game that starts now.

FYI: We are still working on the scoreboard, but it should be updated and working shortly. Like in a couple weeks, I hope. So any points you get between now and then will be reflected when the new scoreboard is up.

IronDuke

Awesome Player
Knights of MC Realm
M.C. Play Testers
Spaceballs
T.O's.
Kickstarter
Points are back starting April 1 2024
(no joke!)

Please read about POINTS:
  • Any game that started on or before March 31 2024 at 24:59:59 GMT will not count towards your score.
  • Any game that started on or after April 01 2024 at 00:00:00 GMT will count towards your score.
  • If a game was created before March 31 2024 at 24:59:59 GMT, but ended after April 01 2024 at 00:00:00 GMT, then it will not count.

Definitions:
  • Game created: a game is considered created when a player creates a new game with new settings. The game will still be considered created as long as there is an empty slot available for a player to join.
  • Game started: a game is considered started immediately after the last player joins the last empty slot. The game is still considered started even if the first player has not loaded the map or even taken their first turn. As soon as there are no more empty slots, the game is considered "started".

Other notes:
  • Scoreboard - Is a work in progress and will be functional very shortly.
  • Profile Page - The scores on your profile page do not work, yet. There are no plans yet to fix that, but there might be so stay tuned.

Summary:
  • Point will be functional after April 1. Scoreboard may or not be functional at that time, but will be very soon. Points will still be accumulated after April 1 even if scoreboard does not work.
  • Points on your Profile page will not be updated yet.
  • If you want to play a game that does not count towards points, then make sure it starts before April 1st !
  • If you want to play a game that counts towards points, then it has to start after April 1st.

TL;DR - Any game starting after April 01 will count towards your points!
Ahh sweet dopamine hits! Welcome back old friend

MNatt

Awesome Player
Kickstarter
Others have mentioned it - but would be a good thing once points/scoreboard sorted to tidy up the games list. At the moment it's a bit of a dog's breakfast. So many dead/dorrmant 12 and 24 player games on there it's hard to find anything. I hardly ever play games with more than 10 players - it's hard to find you're looking for among all the dross. And (for me anyway) the filter system isn't working.

Stormcat

Awesome Player
A limit on the number of games a player can start per day would help. We have some prolific game starters that start multiples of the same games and it's hard to find a selection of games with other settings/etc.

Stormcat

Awesome Player
So, when do the points won in a game show up in your score? Because I won a game but my score did not change. And these medals that may have been earned since September, when and where could those be seen? Not that I'm tired of looking at my zero medal, zero points won Cadet status or anything! :D

And THANK YOU Sheriff and team for getting things rolling!

bilsi

Awesome Player
Fixed Force Club
Los Bambinos
M.C. Play Testers
Old Soldiers Club
The Borg
The Canadian Club
How come in Active games everything is messed. Turn markers are spread out with team turn, defeated and waiting. Turns should list first...

NewSheriffInTown

Make My Day...
CentCom
Awesome Player
M.C. Play Testers
The Wiki Bar
M.C. Youtubers
How come in Active games everything is messed. Turn markers are spread out with team turn, defeated and waiting. Turns should list first...

Can I see a screenshot?

NewSheriffInTown

Make My Day...
CentCom
Awesome Player
M.C. Play Testers
The Wiki Bar
M.C. Youtubers
So, when do the points won in a game show up in your score? Because I won a game but my score did not change. And these medals that may have been earned since September, when and where could those be seen? Not that I'm tired of looking at my zero medal, zero points won Cadet status or anything! :D

And THANK YOU Sheriff and team for getting things rolling!

Those are 3 different questions.

1 - Did the game you won start this morning? Because only games that start after April 1 will count.
2 - You will only see your score change on the scoreboard, once that is functioning. Give it a couple weeks to sort out.
3 - Medals (and the points displayed on your profile page) are still a while away. The scoreboard is coming first. The profile page is not yet on the todo list.

bilsi

Awesome Player
Fixed Force Club
Los Bambinos
M.C. Play Testers
Old Soldiers Club
The Borg
The Canadian Club

bilsi

Awesome Player
Fixed Force Club
Los Bambinos
M.C. Play Testers
Old Soldiers Club
The Borg
The Canadian Club
it appears that the active games are now listed by game number from oldest to newest. i'm seeing the same problem.
they're in numerical order like Lord mentioned...

Attachments

• screencapture-majorcommand-beta-2024-04-01-12_16_32.png
    screencapture-majorcommand-beta-2024-04-01-12_16_32.png
    2.5 MB · Views: 7
Last edited:

bilsi

Awesome Player
Fixed Force Club
Los Bambinos
M.C. Play Testers
Old Soldiers Club
The Borg
The Canadian Club

blee

Awesome Player
Enemies of Diplomacy
M.C. Play Testers
Kickstarter
The games list is loading really slowly today. As already mentioned, it’s now sorting by game number and not factoring in your status in the game such as if it’s your turn.

NewSheriffInTown

Make My Day...
CentCom
Awesome Player
M.C. Play Testers
The Wiki Bar
M.C. Youtubers
@blee @bilsi @LordBeardmore

Yes, it looks like we had some regression to old code. This needs to be repaired.

So just to clarify:
  1. Did the active game list ever sort by game status, like "Turn" on the top? or
  2. Did the active list just sort with "Newest" game number on top?

periwinkle

Staff member
Awesome Player
Whiner & CryBaby
Fixed Force Club
Enemies of Diplomacy
Generals
Knights of MC Realm
The Borg
The Canadian Club
The Embassy
The Wiki Bar
T.O's.
M.C. Youtubers
Kickstarter

Yes, it looks like we had some regression to old code. This needs to be repaired.

So just to clarify:
  1. Did the active game list ever sort by game status, like "Turn" on the top? or
The games in the old flash system sorted by when your turn came up. So turns that were yours and with the least amount of time was at the top and turns that were just taken in a 24 player game was at the bottom.

Currently it's in game number order.

bilsi

Awesome Player
Fixed Force Club
Los Bambinos
M.C. Play Testers
Old Soldiers Club
The Borg
The Canadian Club

So just to clarify:
Always was turns first

blee

Awesome Player
Enemies of Diplomacy
M.C. Play Testers
Kickstarter
The games in the old flash system sorted by when your turn came up. So turns that were yours and with the least amount of time was at the top and turns that were just taken in a 24 player game was at the bottom.

Currently it's in game number order.
Correct. The most recent non-flash version had all turns at the top but not sorted by time remaining in your turn… for those of us with a lot of games, bringing back the old way would be awesome.

NewSheriffInTown

Make My Day...
CentCom
Awesome Player
M.C. Play Testers
The Wiki Bar
M.C. Youtubers
Correct. The most recent non-flash version had all turns at the top but not sorted by time remaining in your turn… for those of us with a lot of games, bringing back the old way would be awesome.

Got it, thanks. We'll working on getting that back. Sorted by turn first, and then sorted by time hopefully.

bilsi

Awesome Player
Fixed Force Club
Los Bambinos
M.C. Play Testers
Old Soldiers Club
The Borg
The Canadian Club
Scoreboard now only shows Points leaders...