• Points are back! Read about it HERE

current issues

1 - NEW PLAYERS - Players who created an account on or after Oct 15 2023 are not able to log into the forum
    2 - AWOL - We do not have an AWOL button under the ACTIVE tab yet. Please check each game to see if you are AWOL.
    3 - STUCK GAMES - Some games will not load properly. If you encounter this, please post stuck games HERE

Thanks.

• Welcome to Major Command's RISK Game forum.

If you are a registered player, please log in:

If you are new to Major Command and would like to
    play our RISK game online. Then please sign up here:

Official Points are back!

Official

periwinkle

Staff member
Awesome Player
Whiner & CryBaby
Fixed Force Club
Enemies of Diplomacy
Generals
Knights of MC Realm
The Borg
The Canadian Club
The Embassy
The Wiki Bar
T.O's.
M.C. Youtubers
Kickstarter
Yup. As I said before, there's really no difference now between games with NeutralPlayers verse games we fill with NeutralPlayers to get them to start. So if we can get to as many players into a game as close to 50% to remove a few zombie games....might as well.
I'm only doing this with games that start with a 3. I'll provide a list shortly of which games that I will do this so everyone has a chance to jump in if they wish. I'm not doing this for all the zombie games. Hopefully @NewSheriffInTown will have the ability to delete soon.

once

Awesome Player
The 'B' Squad
Generals
M.C. Clan Council
Yup. As I said before, there's really no difference now between games with NeutralPlayers verse games we fill with NeutralPlayers to get them to start. So if we can get to as many players into a game as close to 50% to remove a few zombie games....might as well.
you are right, but it is not just percentages but also total number of players as well as whether those are team or single games that matter for the distribution of total points in the end. the targets game we have underway is a 24 player game, and yes 50% of those are neutrals, but the win will also be distributed among the 3 players and 3 neutrals of the winning team (or would, if we had started before april 1st). i have not looked at the games you are referring to, but i bet some of those are 24 player singles games, and those would be the ones with the strongest impact re points. so.. i think i second @Stormcat suggestion that really it would be best if those games would just be abandoned and ask nicely that they are. if you list those games here, stormcat & i & whoever feels so inclined could join & be the ones who are asking nicely to abandon the games. if asking is not enough, we can try to do what we can to stop the forces of darkness, and then abandon the game. or we decide it doesnt matter and allow some players to jump ranks, not the end of the world either.
btw, when i saw this thread here i dropped out of a 24 player singles assassin: anyone with some experience with larger assassin games knows that awol players create an unfair advantage to whoever is targeting them, so adding neutrals to an assassin game is probably a bad idea regardless.

periwinkle

Staff member
Awesome Player
Whiner & CryBaby
Fixed Force Club
Enemies of Diplomacy
Generals
Knights of MC Realm
The Borg
The Canadian Club
The Embassy
The Wiki Bar
T.O's.
M.C. Youtubers
Kickstarter
Here are the games that will be started. Around Sunday 8pm Toronto, Canada time. This is just a small fraction of the zombie games...but i'll start small and gage. jump in!

periwinkle

Staff member
Awesome Player
Whiner & CryBaby
Fixed Force Club
Enemies of Diplomacy
Generals
Knights of MC Realm
The Borg
The Canadian Club
The Embassy
The Wiki Bar
T.O's.
M.C. Youtubers
Kickstarter
you are right, but it is not just percentages but also total number of players as well as whether those are team or single games that matter for the distribution of total points in the end. the targets game we have underway is a 24 player game, and yes 50% of those are neutrals, but the win will also be distributed among the 3 players and 3 neutrals of the winning team (or would, if we had started before april 1st). i have not looked at the games you are referring to, but i bet some of those are 24 player singles games, and those would be the ones with the strongest impact re points. so.. i think i second @Stormcat suggestion that really it would be best if those games would just be abandoned and ask nicely that they are. if you list those games here, stormcat & i & whoever feels so inclined could join & be the ones who are asking nicely to abandon the games. if asking is not enough, we can try to do what we can to stop the forces of darkness, and then abandon the game. or we decide it doesnt matter and allow some players to jump ranks, not the end of the world either.
btw, when i saw this thread here i dropped out of a 24 player singles assassin: anyone with some experience with larger assassin games knows that awol players create an unfair advantage to whoever is targeting them, so adding neutrals to an assassin game is probably a bad idea regardless.

yup. i'll totally ask for people to go awol first....but not everyone does....so yes, we can act as a gap stop.

EDIT: so might as well invite people to play anyway and try to have a half descent game.... to be honest....this will only benefit lower ranked players if they win. for higher ranked players like me, there isn't.....and in the end, it will all balance out in the end. players will tend to find their "equilibrium" rank.

Last edited:

once

Awesome Player
The 'B' Squad
Generals
M.C. Clan Council
EDIT: so might as well invite people to play anyway and try to have a half descent game.... to be honest....this will only benefit lower ranked players if they win.
hm i am a bit confused now. so the idea is to play and not discourage to play? in that case i think i am not participating.

re benefit - you are right that lower ranked players benefit a lot more. if a cadet wins a 24 player game just comprised of other cadets, he will make 690 points (!). i would "only" make 275. you would still make 175. if my math is right. that is still considerable. and most games are not only made up of cadets so likely worth more.
gaining points for winning also means losing points for loosing - not all those players in those zombie games are actual zombies, they might have just missed that things are starting to work again. i am not saying you cannot take points from someone who joined a game but is not around. but 24 player games have always taken a long time to start. you are right of course that things will level out again, so i am totally ok with this cleanup operation, i just dont want to play in those games personally. and thanks again for taking care of this. i imagine it will take some patience to switch multiple accounts & join all those games :)

periwinkle

Staff member
Awesome Player
Whiner & CryBaby
Fixed Force Club
Enemies of Diplomacy
Generals
Knights of MC Realm
The Borg
The Canadian Club
The Embassy
The Wiki Bar
T.O's.
M.C. Youtubers
Kickstarter
Hey sorry for the confusion. There are currently four 24 player games. That got started before we realized that points do count. I'm in a couple of them and I'm operating as a stop gap now since I thought points didn't count (when they first were started)

However, this set of games listed above. (so any game that starts with a 3) I've invited many vets to come and play such as ericjkline, risky, edmondtheknight....etc. quite a few players. Hopefully we get a decent game for those games listed in my previous post.

So yes.....we will be playing those games. So jump in! :)

welshmaz

Awesome Player
Good news and good work. By the way, is the donation button working soon? Ive set up a monthly paypal until it works.

periwinkle

Staff member
Awesome Player
Whiner & CryBaby
Fixed Force Club
Enemies of Diplomacy
Generals
Knights of MC Realm
The Borg
The Canadian Club
The Embassy
The Wiki Bar
T.O's.
M.C. Youtubers
Kickstarter
Looks like a few games started without the help of neutralplayers :)

periwinkle

Staff member
Awesome Player
Whiner & CryBaby
Fixed Force Club
Enemies of Diplomacy
Generals
Knights of MC Realm
The Borg
The Canadian Club
The Embassy
The Wiki Bar
T.O's.
M.C. Youtubers
Kickstarter
Good news and good work. By the way, is the donation button working soon? Ive set up a monthly paypal until it works.

Thanks for letting us know! There is another way to donate. If you go to the beta games tab and click on it, you will see all your active games, there is a donation tab. Click that tab and scroll down to the big red donate now button. That button is still working :) Thank you! It is much appreciated! :)

Biliam82

Awesome Player
Fixed Force Club
Enemies of Diplomacy
M.C. Play Testers
Kickstarter
Do points count? Just finished a real time game and don't see any change. Game 61891 if that helps.

periwinkle

Staff member
Awesome Player
Whiner & CryBaby
Fixed Force Club
Enemies of Diplomacy
Generals
Knights of MC Realm
The Borg
The Canadian Club
The Embassy
The Wiki Bar
T.O's.
M.C. Youtubers
Kickstarter
Yes they do count but I believe the points will be updated soon.

NewSheriffInTown

Make My Day...
CentCom
Awesome Player
M.C. Play Testers
The Wiki Bar
M.C. Youtubers
Any update on when they will be updated?

We are trying to figure out why Mercenary games are not calculating the win/loss points properly. Once we fix that, then we'll calculate everyone's points retroactive to April 1, and then update the scoreboard.

1713548125646.png

kwikool

Awesome Player
Points are back starting April 1 2024
(no joke!)

Please read about POINTS:
  • Any game that started on or before March 31 2024 at 24:59:59 GMT will not count towards your score.
  • Any game that started on or after April 01 2024 at 00:00:00 GMT will count towards your score.
  • If a game was created before March 31 2024 at 24:59:59 GMT, but ended after April 01 2024 at 00:00:00 GMT, then it will not count.

Definitions:
  • Game created: a game is considered created when a player creates a new game with new settings. The game will still be considered created as long as there is an empty slot available for a player to join.
  • Game started: a game is considered started immediately after the last player joins the last empty slot. The game is still considered started even if the first player has not loaded the map or even taken their first turn. As soon as there are no more empty slots, the game is considered "started".

Other notes:
  • Scoreboard - Is a work in progress and will be functional very shortly.
  • Profile Page - The scores on your profile page do not work, yet. There are no plans yet to fix that, but there might be so stay tuned.

Summary:
  • Point will be functional after April 1. Scoreboard may or not be functional at that time, but will be very soon. Points will still be accumulated after April 1 even if scoreboard does not work.
  • Points on your Profile page will not be updated yet.
  • If you want to play a game that does not count towards points, then make sure it starts before April 1st !
  • If you want to play a game that counts towards points, then it has to start after April 1st.

TL;DR - Any game starting after April 01 will count towards your points!
Not sure why but None of the games i am playing are changing my point total. at least what shows up in the INTEL tab any comments??

periwinkle

Staff member
Awesome Player
Whiner & CryBaby
Fixed Force Club
Enemies of Diplomacy
Generals
Knights of MC Realm
The Borg
The Canadian Club
The Embassy
The Wiki Bar
T.O's.
M.C. Youtubers
Kickstarter
Not sure why but None of the games i am playing are changing my point total. at least what shows up in the INTEL tab any comments??

read the post above ....I've reposted it here below. there was an error in calculating mercenary games.

We are trying to figure out why Mercenary games are not calculating the win/loss points properly. Once we fix that, then we'll calculate everyone's points retroactive to April 1, and then update the scoreboard.

1713548125646.png

kwikool

Awesome Player
i was only looking at the intel dropdown on a Live Standard 2 person game. my score is and alwys have been 1225.... is there another place to look?? i assumed it would show up correctly on the game.

periwinkle

Staff member
Awesome Player
Whiner & CryBaby
Fixed Force Club
Enemies of Diplomacy
Generals
Knights of MC Realm
The Borg
The Canadian Club
The Embassy
The Wiki Bar
T.O's.
M.C. Youtubers
Kickstarter
i was only looking at the intel dropdown on a Live Standard 2 person game. my score is and alwys have been 1225.... is there another place to look?? i assumed it would show up correctly on the game.

there are actually 3 places to look...lol