• Points are back! Read about it HERE

current issues

1 - NEW PLAYERS - Players who created an account on or after Oct 15 2023 are not able to log into the forum
    2 - AWOL - We do not have an AWOL button under the ACTIVE tab yet. Please check each game to see if you are AWOL.
    3 - STUCK GAMES - Some games will not load properly. If you encounter this, please post stuck games HERE

Thanks.

• Welcome to Major Command's RISK Game forum.

If you are a registered player, please log in:

If you are new to Major Command and would like to
    play our RISK game online. Then please sign up here:

Old Flash Engine Questions

Ppdmostwanted

Awesome Player
I am using Mozilla on Lubuntu 18.04 with flash installed and working on adobe's website but it isn't working on MC. Any ideas?

th-child

Administrator
CentCom
Awesome Player
Whiner & CryBaby
Fixed Force Club
Generals
M.C. Play Testers
The Borg
The Duellers Society
T.O's.
Sorry, I'm not familiar with either Mozilla or Lubuntu. I hope somone else can help.

sannheten

Awesome Player
The 'B' Squad
Fixed Force Club
Enemies of Diplomacy
Generals
M.C. Play Testers
The Duellers Society
Kickstarter
I am using Mozilla on Lubuntu 18.04 with flash installed and working on adobe's website but it isn't working on MC. Any ideas?

I think on Moizilla you may have to allow Flash for every page. If you get a red icon to the left of the address/search field, you can click on it an choose "allow"

NeonIguana

Awesome Player
I tried the game with Firefox and tried installing flash... it keeps failing. So i switched to Brave and installed the flash add-on. NO Go. When i click the Begin Turn button, nothing happens. I guess i am off to Chrome since i spent $10 on this game i cannot play. ugg. I see no real help her to the original question. Anyone? ...Anyone? ...Bueller?

I have tried Chrome with flash enabled and NO GO. Firefox will not allow me to install the flash addon. Brave didn't work either.

Refund?

Last edited:

NeonIguana

Awesome Player
"Adobe Flash is going away. Google drove another nail into its coffin with Chrome 76, which blocks all Flash content on websites by default. If you still use Flash, you can re-enable it for now—but Chrome makes it annoying." From: https://www.howtogeek.com/434334/how-to-enable-adobe-flash-in-google-chrome-76/

Apparantly Flash sucks ass for security and all browsers are dropping it... DO I NEED FLASH FOR THIS GAME TO WORK?

It gets worse...

"Flash isn’t completely gone—yet. Instead, Chrome blocks Flash by default with the message “Flash was blocked on this page.” If you re-enable Flash in Chrome, you see a message that says, “Flash Player will no longer be supported after December 2020,” with a button to turn off Flash.

As Google explains, when the ball drops on New Year’s Eve, 2020, the countdown will also be counting down to the end of Flash.

This isn’t just a Google Chrome thing. Adobe will also end support for Flash at the end of 2020. Mozilla is even more aggressive—it will remove Flash support entirely in early 2020.

If you use Flash, you still have nearly one and a half years until it’s gone. Chrome’s increasingly aggressive moves are supposed to encourage websites to move away from Flash while they still have plenty of time to do so."

Rimbaud

Awesome Player
Knights of MC Realm
M.C. Clan Council
The Duellers Society
League of Gentlepeople
T.O's.
Hey guys,
I have problems with my 12 commands games, they won't finish loading, the last 2 or 3 days when I try to open them the map stops loading at 8 stars and then it won't start, I have flash enabled, tried it with mozilla and chrome and it only happens with the 12 commands map. Really I don't have any idea what to do.

So, any ideas?

periwinkle

Staff member
Awesome Player
Whiner & CryBaby
Fixed Force Club
Enemies of Diplomacy
Generals
Knights of MC Realm
The Borg
The Canadian Club
The Embassy
The Wiki Bar
T.O's.
M.C. Youtubers
Kickstarter
"Adobe Flash is going away. Google drove another nail into its coffin with Chrome 76, which blocks all Flash content on websites by default. If you still use Flash, you can re-enable it for now—but Chrome makes it annoying." From: https://www.howtogeek.com/434334/how-to-enable-adobe-flash-in-google-chrome-76/

Apparantly Flash sucks ass for security and all browsers are dropping it... DO I NEED FLASH FOR THIS GAME TO WORK?

It gets worse...

"Flash isn’t completely gone—yet. Instead, Chrome blocks Flash by default with the message “Flash was blocked on this page.” If you re-enable Flash in Chrome, you see a message that says, “Flash Player will no longer be supported after December 2020,” with a button to turn off Flash.

As Google explains, when the ball drops on New Year’s Eve, 2020, the countdown will also be counting down to the end of Flash.

This isn’t just a Google Chrome thing. Adobe will also end support for Flash at the end of 2020. Mozilla is even more aggressive—it will remove Flash support entirely in early 2020.

If you use Flash, you still have nearly one and a half years until it’s gone. Chrome’s increasingly aggressive moves are supposed to encourage websites to move away from Flash while they still have plenty of time to do so."

Try the puffin browser....you need to watch the occasional ad but it works. Good luck! :beers:

lucaluca

Awesome Player
I can not longer play the game cause Mayor commands needs flash player 9 or higher. As i can see I have flash player installed. I can't click either on the text "upgrade flash player now", because this tekst is covered with the debriefing square.

brianstheman

Awesome Player
Whiner & CryBaby
Fixed Force Club
Assassins Guild
Enemies of Diplomacy
Generals
Knights of MC Realm
Luca, I use Microsoft Internet Explorer. MC is the only site I use this browser for. It loads without any extra steps.

Note that Internet Explorer does not work for Beta games. You can use any other browser for those.

riskyone

Awesome Player
Whiner & CryBaby
Fixed Force Club
Enemies of Diplomacy
Generals
Knights of MC Realm
M.C. Play Testers
Old Soldiers Club
The Borg
Kickstarter
I can not longer play the game cause Mayor commands needs flash player 9 or higher. As i can see I have flash player installed. I can't click either on the text "upgrade flash player now", because this tekst is covered with the debriefing square.

brian is correct. The flash player will no longer be updated after dec 2020. They must have some new technology that they can charge us extra for.

Lokiskittens

Awesome Player
League of Gentlepeople
I can not longer play the game cause Mayor commands need flash player 9 or higher. As I can see I have flash player installed. I can't click either on the text "upgrade flash player now", because this text is covered with the debriefing square.

If you upgrade from grunt the add disappears and the "upgrade flash player now" is again visible.
Or you can use Firefox to play. The flash player workaround is on the address bar.

ThunderChile

Awesome Player
Assassins Guild
brian is correct. The flash player will no longer be updated after dec 2020. They must have some new technology that they can charge us extra for.

The "new" technology should be html 5. It's only about 5 years old :)

IAmNo1One1

Awesome Player
I get all these "Flash no longer available after 2020" messages too. And I see it all over the news. The headlines all read "Flash no longer available after December 2020". And everyone mentions this in passing conversation. "Hey man, Flash will be no longer available after December 2020". "Really, that is crazy!" "Yeah man!" And it ends there.

But, NOWHERE on the internet does it say what that means.

Does that mean that after December 2020, nobody on the internet will be able to play flash games anymore? Is there something replacing Flash? What is happening?

Or do we just wait until after December 2020, and when we can no longer play Flash games we do something about it then?

bilsi

Awesome Player
Fixed Force Club
Los Bambinos
M.C. Play Testers
Old Soldiers Club
The Borg
The Canadian Club
Why does everyone need different browsers to play? I had to use Edge for regular game and Firefox for Beta. Now Edge don't work. I have to use use Puffin now and after every map loads the colors disappear. Gotta re-issue colors for everybody, pain in the ass...How hard to convert the game to HTML? I'll help with that too...

brianstheman

Awesome Player
Whiner & CryBaby
Fixed Force Club
Assassins Guild
Enemies of Diplomacy
Generals
Knights of MC Realm
Internet Explorer works best for original game engine (i.e. regular site).

@Sheriff - Looks like Bilsi ready to help Mr. Marcos!

bilsi

Awesome Player
Fixed Force Club
Los Bambinos
M.C. Play Testers
Old Soldiers Club
The Borg
The Canadian Club
edge worked for me forever then stopped working couple of months ago...

JCUK

Awesome Player
The 'B' Squad
Generals
M.C. Play Testers
The Wiki Bar
T.O's.
Internet Exploder gives you rubbish dice, I would avoid that :biggrin:

MNatt

Awesome Player
Kickstarter
I'm going to be away from my PC for a few days, and have tried to log in on my mobile. But i can't get past the Adobe Flash Player prompt - it says it isn't supported by my device. Is there a way round this?

periwinkle

Staff member
Awesome Player
Whiner & CryBaby
Fixed Force Club
Enemies of Diplomacy
Generals
Knights of MC Realm
The Borg
The Canadian Club
The Embassy
The Wiki Bar
T.O's.
M.C. Youtubers
Kickstarter
Try installing the puffin Browser. It works on my android phone. You do need to watch the occasional ad.