• Points are back! Read about it HERE

current issues

1 - NEW PLAYERS - Players who created an account on or after Oct 15 2023 are not able to log into the forum
    2 - AWOL - We do not have an AWOL button under the ACTIVE tab yet. Please check each game to see if you are AWOL.
    3 - STUCK GAMES - Some games will not load properly. If you encounter this, please post stuck games HERE

Thanks.

• Welcome to Major Command's RISK Game forum.

If you are a registered player, please log in:

If you are new to Major Command and would like to
    play our RISK game online. Then please sign up here:

Old Flash Engine Questions

slandlord

Awesome Player
Hello all,

I always seem to have this problem ... it makes using this site tedious and tiresome and I don't know what the solution is.

I have a newly set up 64 bit Windows 7 computer.

I use Chrome. I have enabled Flash in Chrome so the warning about Flash does appear. I go into debriefing and get two stars. Ten minutes later its still 2 stars.

Does anyone know what I'm doing wrong?

Thanks in advance.
Bill

slandlord

Awesome Player
Its OK. I have downloaded Flash for Internet Explorer and got that working now. Its just I can never play this game on Chrome where I do everything else. Any hints on how to do that?

Cardinalsrule

Administrator
Staff member
CentCom
Awesome Player
Whiner & CryBaby
Fixed Force Club
AADOMM
Assassins Guild
Enemies of Diplomacy
Generals
Knights of MC Realm
M.C. Clan Council
M.C. Play Testers
The Borg
The Embassy
T.O's.
Kickstarter
On chrome, you'll probably need to 'enable' the flash player every time (up in the upper R corner of your url bar)

bilsi

Awesome Player
Fixed Force Club
Los Bambinos
M.C. Play Testers
Old Soldiers Club
The Borg
The Canadian Club
Chrome never worked for me...I used Puffin web browser for a long time but it works in Microsoft Edge now as well.

engineerairborne

Awesome Player
Enemies of Diplomacy
Knights of MC Realm
Los Bambinos
M.C. Clan Council
M.C. Play Testers
Kickstarter
strange I have never had an issue using puffin for MC. Did you get it resolved?

bonnajavel

Awesome Player
Yes… it was a temporarily slow connection that fooled me into believing I had software problems. Thanks for replying.

bonnajavel

Awesome Player
Having another much more real problem with Puffin on my laptop. If MC can only approve the image I uploaded to my profile, as my profile image, you can see a screenshot of what it looks like after debriefing. (I paid subscription to have an image space on my profile but it seems that it has gone into moderated mode?? Why?

IE worked peerfectly fine for me but I thought why not use the same browser on every device.. Puffin doesn't work right on my PC though.

Last edited:

Hortik

Awesome Player
Fixed Force Club
Generals
M.C. Clan Council
The Embassy
T.O's.
Young Guns
Kickstarter
To be honest I haven’t tried Puffin on my laptop. Maybe you should stay with regular browser for your pc and keep puffin for the mobile device(s)?

Aubrey1800

Awesome Player
I got a couple turns into a few games but am unable to continue. The games are perpetually loading, and nothing happens when I click on begin turn. Any ideas?

th-child

Administrator
CentCom
Awesome Player
Whiner & CryBaby
Fixed Force Club
Generals
M.C. Play Testers
The Borg
The Duellers Society
T.O's.
Does the loading stop at 2 stars?

If it does, your flash player is not enabled. In Firefox, there should be a lego icon next to the address bar which you can click on, in Chrome, a prompt should appear at the top of the screen asking for permission, and so on, it depends on the browser. But it is probably the flash player.

Aubrey1800

Awesome Player
Thank you, I suspected Flash as well, but it is enabled. I can't figure out what else might be wrong.

pwder4me

Awesome Player
Does anyone have an alternative to puffin for mobile devices? Sounds like they’re shutting down effective July 1.

Cardinalsrule

Administrator
Staff member
CentCom
Awesome Player
Whiner & CryBaby
Fixed Force Club
AADOMM
Assassins Guild
Enemies of Diplomacy
Generals
Knights of MC Realm
M.C. Clan Council
M.C. Play Testers
The Borg
The Embassy
T.O's.
Kickstarter
Follow the steps that th-child outlined above

JChamberlain

Awesome Player
if anyone else has real advice....it appears th-child gave excellent advice but still did not help Aubrey who said "Thank you, I suspected Flash as well, but it is enabled. I can't figure out what else might be wrong."
i have been playing for about a week. on the first day I updated my flash player. had no problems for 4 days. now, it stopped working. I was wondering how Aubrey fixed it or if anyone else had this experience and might have advice

Redstorm

Awesome Player
The 'B' Squad
Knights of MC Realm
M.C. Play Testers
The Embassy
T.O's.
Kickstarter
if anyone else has real advice....it appears th-child gave excellent advice but still did not help Aubrey who said "Thank you, I suspected Flash as well, but it is enabled. I can't figure out what else might be wrong."
i have been playing for about a week. on the first day I updated my flash player. had no problems for 4 days. now, it stopped working. I was wondering how Aubrey fixed it or if anyone else had this experience and might have advice

OK I will try to help u right now if ur still here on site. First, what browser are u using? I looked and saw u have this problem in at least two different games. Btw, in the future, plz list game number as it helps admin to help u quicker.

th-child

Administrator
CentCom
Awesome Player
Whiner & CryBaby
Fixed Force Club
Generals
M.C. Play Testers
The Borg
The Duellers Society
T.O's.
I was wondering how Aubrey fixed it or if anyone else had this experience and might have advice

If you experience the same problem (i.e. the loading stops at 2 stars) AND it worked a few days ago, I'm quite sure it has to be the flash. As Redstorm asked before, what browser are you using?