• Scoreboard and Points Live. Read about it HERE

current issues

1 - NEW PLAYERS - Players who created an account on or after Oct 15 2023 are not able to log into the forum
    2 - AWOL - We do not have an AWOL button under the ACTIVE tab yet. Please check each game to see if you are AWOL.

Thanks.

• Welcome to Major Command's RISK Game forum.

If you are a registered player, please log in:

If you are new to Major Command and would like to
    play our RISK game online. Then please sign up here:

New map? Let me know what you think of it please.

I would play this map or create a game with it, if it were ready to go.

• Total voters

Kjell

Awesome Player
Haha, I will.

As for the map I still like the idea. Make it like a castle like in the OP, with a bigger surrounding countryside. Map might be best suited B&W with some muted colours like dark blue or dark purple.

ghost

Chief Ambassador
Awesome Player
Haha, I will.

As for the map I still like the idea. Make it like a castle like in the OP, with a bigger surrounding countryside. Map might be best suited B&W with some muted colours like dark blue or dark purple.

don't you worry.. if it comes out of MajCom studios, you can pretty much guarantee it will be impressive.

Chilly

Administrator
CentCom
Awesome Player
Whiner & CryBaby
M.C. Play Testers
For starters, I don't like the idea of moats operating as do the South America rivers. A castle's moat is designed to be a barrier, not an area in which an enemy may build up to stage an attack.

Could you do a hybrid of the rivers in SA with the auto-generation of troops in Cold War Europe. I'm thinking of something where the natural tendency is for the moats to move towards 3 neutral units. At the end of every turn, any group of armies stationed in a moat automatically loses 2 armies. If this takes them to 0 or -1, then neutral is regenerated with 0 or 1 army respectively. Neutral gets +2 armies each turn and maxes out at 3. Like the SA rivers, it is not part of any command.

Cardinalsrule

Administrator
Staff member
CentCom
Awesome Player
Whiner & CryBaby
Fixed Force Club
AADOMM
Assassins Guild
Enemies of Diplomacy
Generals
Knights of MC Realm
M.C. Clan Council
M.C. Play Testers
The Borg
The Embassy
T.O's.
Kickstarter
Could you do a hybrid of the rivers in SA with the auto-generation of troops in Cold War Europe. I'm thinking of something where the natural tendency is for the moats to move towards 3 neutral units. At the end of every turn, any group of armies stationed in a moat automatically loses 2 armies. If this takes them to 0 or -1, then neutral is regenerated with 0 or 1 army respectively. Neutral gets +2 armies each turn and maxes out at 3. Like the SA rivers, it is not part of any command.

I like that idea. Keep the rivers neutral, or at least not an area where armies can be built up and used to attack many more countries than a normal country can.

theycallmesquirtle

Awesome Player
well i designed them to attack outwards only. It never seemed like a place to build up troops to me, more of a highway to get from one end of an outer field to another.