• Scoreboard and Points Live. Read about it HERE

current issues

1 - NEW PLAYERS - Players who created an account on or after Oct 15 2023 are not able to log into the forum
    2 - AWOL - We do not have an AWOL button under the ACTIVE tab yet. Please check each game to see if you are AWOL.

Thanks.

• Welcome to Major Command's RISK Game forum.

If you are a registered player, please log in:

If you are new to Major Command and would like to
    play our RISK game online. Then please sign up here:

New map: 1984

once

Awesome Player
The 'B' Squad
Generals
M.C. Clan Council
thanks!

Bluebonnet

Awesome Player
Enemies of Diplomacy
Knights of MC Realm
The Duellers Society
strange
1v1
i am eliminated by decay
points awarded.

but it still says i can deploy 0 troops. :)

Game Over
You have 0 troops to deploy

BadElmer

Awesome Player
Assassins Guild
Knights of MC Realm
M.C. Play Testers
The Borg
The Duellers Society
T.O's.
Anyone else get their 1984 Bronze yet? Loving this map, race you to Silver...

BadElmer

Awesome Player
Assassins Guild
Knights of MC Realm
M.C. Play Testers
The Borg
The Duellers Society
T.O's.
You've got Cardinalsrule and once to catch up to.

Cards, maybe, but once is leaving us in the dust. I didn't really figure I was the first, but thanks for letting me know where I stand.

once

Awesome Player
The 'B' Squad
Generals
M.C. Clan Council
Cards, maybe, but once is leaving us in the dust. I didn't really figure I was the first, but thanks for letting me know where I stand.

how cool! i knew i was playing this map excessively (it is fantastic!), but great to know i am in the lead here! thats a first for me..

BadElmer

Awesome Player
Assassins Guild
Knights of MC Realm
M.C. Play Testers
The Borg
The Duellers Society
T.O's.
how cool! i knew i was playing this map excessively (it is fantastic!), but great to know i am in the lead here! thats a first for me..

Congrats! Guess I'll have to take solace in my 3-1 record with you in 1v1's (even if those were at the front of this map's learning curve). Since I need 25 for silver and you need 3, I suppose I'll have to race you to gold. A marathon it is (pacing myself...).

once

Awesome Player
The 'B' Squad
Generals
M.C. Clan Council
yeah, you mopped the floor with me, i remember well.

once

Awesome Player
The 'B' Squad
Generals
M.C. Clan Council
made it :)

NewSheriffInTown

Make My Day...
CentCom
Awesome Player
M.C. Play Testers
The Wiki Bar
M.C. Youtubers

So if you've been playing so fanatically, what sort of insights can you give about gameplay?

I mean in terms of minor tweaking (if at all)
Are the bonuses balanced?
Are the one-ways well placed?
Does the fortress or rocketship ever come in to play?

Let us know the minutiae. :)

Thanks!

once

Awesome Player
The 'B' Squad
Generals
M.C. Clan Council
So if you've been playing so fanatically, what sort of insights can you give about gameplay?

I mean in terms of minor tweaking (if at all)
Are the bonuses balanced?
Are the one-ways well placed?
Does the fortress or rocketship ever come in to play?

Let us know the minutiae. :)

Thanks!

hm, thanks for asking, i feel honored,.. but not sure i have that much to share. also, i have mostly played 1vs1, so insights are quite limited to this too.
i am very much in favor of starting off with the 4s. this can be disastrous for player 2 (also for player 1 if dice arent so great), but i like what it does to the overall dynamic. and i love martial law & the opportunities it opens up..

the bonuses seem more or less balanced to me. however, just like antarctica or aussie on classic evolved, securing 1 of the smaller territory commands can quickly seal the game, at least in a 1vs1, where the neutrals have a tendency to protect my opponents commands. as opposed to classic evolved, these commands have more borders - they shouldnt be as easy to protect, so i think this is mostly a problem of the many neutrals in a 2 player game. not sure what to do about that. maybe it would help if there was a minimum of 1 neutral within these commands? games that start off like that usually seem more balanced.. these are powerful commands, particularly because of the lack of martial law there.

the oneways took some time getting used to, but i do feel they are well placed, and constructive to gameplay / strategies, no complaints.

i am not sure the disputed zone is working how it is supposed to.. as a command in its own right, i find it is harder to complete & protect than the territories commands. maybe it would deserve an additional guy for that? or maybe 1 less for the territories instead? 4 bonus seems about right for eastasia in relation to the larger superstates.. so, not sure.
i have yet to see this as an actually *disputed zone* where the additional +2 come in play for holding another superstate. but it seems already kind of rare for someone to control a superstate midgame (eastasia being much more frequent though).

in theory i would really like the idea of superpowers in superstates arming their super fortresses & super rockets-ships.. maybe this happens more in a 3-5 player game, i havent nearly played enough of those.

in my games thus far, the fortress or rocket-ships have come into play very very seldomly.. the only couple of times i have seen this was toward the very end of the game, when it was probably 80% decided anyway. and they also feel a bit like an afterthought in comparison to the deploy bonus one gets (even though it is twice as much), because the few times that i was actually able to use them, the times when i was able to hit sth with them were even fewer: usually i would already hold the territories at the other end of the bombardment path, or it would be a neutral.
again, i could imagine that with the right # of players this might work differently…

all in all, i really love this map. it is very complex for its size, and there are a bunch of different approaches one can take.. it can also provide dramatic power shifts. i like being able to come back in a seemingly lost game (or lose when i thought i would surely win, not liking that as much). i played this a lot as a 2 player because even though 1st player advantage can be disastrously huge here, it still actually works well as a 2 player map, in my opinion at least. sure, some games are lost (or won) before they start, but the map is both small and complex enough to be capable of bringing about big change by either luck or cunning or more luck. i would like play more multiplayer here, with whatever is the right # of players for superstates and such things to come in play properly. join me if you like: https://www.majorcommand.com/games/405167/

Last edited:

bilsi

Awesome Player
Fixed Force Club
Los Bambinos
M.C. Play Testers
Old Soldiers Club
The Borg
The Canadian Club
I like it. Never played a game where anyone got any special feature...Still learning it

xsb1977

Awesome Player
Fixed Force Club
Enemies of Diplomacy
Generals
Knights of MC Realm
Los Bambinos
Hi guys, I assume this is not yet included in the corrent engine, right? today i lost a game assuming that Martial law will do the final terts kill (it was assasin) and I was surprisied that the game still went on (and obviously I was killed ). Not complaining, just to know what happened there :)

https://www.majorcommand.com/games/406831/

yes please do add this to the to do list.. i am agreeing with cards here, would be nice. after all, other players could potentially do the work for me too, and eliminating someone via the 1984 mastercommand server has a certain elegance to it..

Hortik

Awesome Player
Fixed Force Club
Generals
M.C. Clan Council
The Embassy
T.O's.
Young Guns
Kickstarter
Just as Once mentioned,

Sometimes, securing your commands is quite easy if the right terts are bonus and your opponents dont really want to risk their troops against 4 neutrals.
Just a quick thought:
It might (maybe) be a good idea to change the neutral terts from 4 to 3(or2) in order to balance this?

Looking forward to read what you guys think about it.

Hortik

ndrm31

Awesome Player
Cosa Nostra
Fixed Force Club
Assassins Guild
Enemies of Diplomacy
Knights of MC Realm
M.C. Play Testers
The Borg
League of Gentlepeople
T.O's.
cool, got a medal; didnt know they where aviable!

empirejeff

Awesome Player
Generals
Knights of MC Realm
The 4 neutrals make two player games quite interesting!!!!!!!!