• Scoreboard and Points Live. Read about it HERE

current issues

1 - NEW PLAYERS - Players who created an account on or after Oct 15 2023 are not able to log into the forum
    2 - AWOL - We do not have an AWOL button under the ACTIVE tab yet. Please check each game to see if you are AWOL.

Thanks.

• Welcome to Major Command's RISK Game forum.

If you are a registered player, please log in:

If you are new to Major Command and would like to
    play our RISK game online. Then please sign up here:

New map: 1984

NewSheriffInTown

Make My Day...
CentCom
Awesome Player
M.C. Play Testers
The Wiki Bar
M.C. Youtubers
Post your comments here.

giphy.gif

Last edited:

once

Awesome Player
The 'B' Squad
Generals
M.C. Clan Council
thanks! :) all i got to say thus far..

ThunderChile

Awesome Player
Assassins Guild
I think 1984 will probably be my new favourite map on this site. Most excellent work on this one, just the right size and special features to make games interesting! Thank you all that made this map possible!

ndrm31

Awesome Player
Cosa Nostra
Fixed Force Club
Assassins Guild
Enemies of Diplomacy
Knights of MC Realm
M.C. Play Testers
The Borg
League of Gentlepeople
T.O's.
QUESTION; HOW WILL KILLER NEUTRALS WORK IN ASSASSIN; * regions that rever to neutral if a single troop remains, thanks as allways SHEP, suppones to be the best map ;)

JCUK

Awesome Player
The 'B' Squad
Generals
M.C. Play Testers
The Wiki Bar
T.O's.
Map looks great, jury out on my understanding of it lol. In a game with Cards so hopefully will learn something about the map from this game. Nice to have a new map, came at the right time I think. Great work from those involved in creation (Shep) and those testing it.

masterjskye

Level ∞: Shadow Master
CentCom
Awesome Player
Generals
League of Shadows
M.C. Play Testers
The Embassy
T.O's.
QUESTION; HOW WILL KILLER NEUTRALS WORK IN ASSASSIN; * regions that rever to neutral if a single troop remains, thanks as allways SHEP, suppones to be the best map ;)

Asumedly if someone is killed by decay then the person targeting them should get the win. That's how it should work. Mercenary games will be the tricky one I think. I'd bet that in those types of game that nobody would gain points if someone got killed by decay.. but then they wouldn't lose any points either! I guess we won't know for sure until it happens.

ndrm31

Awesome Player
Cosa Nostra
Fixed Force Club
Assassins Guild
Enemies of Diplomacy
Knights of MC Realm
M.C. Play Testers
The Borg
League of Gentlepeople
T.O's.
what about testing it in purpouse? mercs I mean

Bluebonnet

Awesome Player
Enemies of Diplomacy
Knights of MC Realm
The Duellers Society
How does it work in Conflict Africa? Should be the same.

Shepherd

Studio Production Manager
CentCom
O.G.
Awesome Player
AADOMM
M.C. Play Testers
QUESTION; HOW WILL KILLER NEUTRALS WORK IN ASSASSIN; * regions that rever to neutral if a single troop remains
I haven't actually done this in an assassin or mercenary game, but in standard games a player who is down to just 1s on Superstate regions can indeed be eliminated automatically when they start their turn up. Here is what I've observed and what I assume about such eliminations by the game (not by a player).

I have observed that if there are just two players left and one is eliminated, the surviving player wins and is awarded game points when the opponent is game-elminated. I therefor assume that in an assassin game the elimination of a player results in the end of the game as would any elimination, and the player who was targeting the eliminated player wins. If somebody sees that the result is otherwise, please let me know.

I have observed that any reserves that a game-eliminated player are not given to another player - they're lost to the game. I therefor assume that in a mercenary game the points of a server-eliminated player do not go to another player - in fact, I have no idea what happens to their points, or if they lose any at all.

I've started a 4-player mercs game to test this out. I'll happily throw the game so we can see what happens.
Click here to join.
Password: test

While such scenarios are possible, they will be infrequent - how often in a multi-player mercenary game is a player left with just one troop on one or more regions without somebody taking them out? So yes, somebody could try to avoid losing points in a mercenary game by driving themselves down to 1s, but they wouldn't still be around to take another turn.

Anyway, consider this feature of the map as just a new strategy twist that you can use to your advantage as you play. It's quite powerful. And while it seems like starting the game with the 4s, I've found that the 4s are early targets - knock your opponent down to 1s and they lose the regions without having to commit troops to defending them.

Last edited:

Shepherd

CentCom
O.G.
Awesome Player
AADOMM
M.C. Play Testers
The map looks great, but I just started a 2v2 real time game, and it got stuck.
Weird. Sounds more like a site issue than a map issue.

BallzDeep

Awesome Player
M.C. Play Testers
Alright so I guess I'll be the first one to come out and say it... not a fan.
For the gameplay, I am just not comprehending. I get the troop decay like Conflict! Africa, but I just don't see how on a map this size any one player is going to be able to hold a command to bring the bombards into play and even if they did it looks like they can only attack adjoining territories? This also may just be me because I have some issues with color perception, but this is by far the most difficult map to determine where the commands are.

Can't please everyone I guess! Maybe time will tell and it will grow on me but for now I've got plenty of other Map Explorer medals to go after to keep me occupied.

Cardinalsrule

Administrator
Staff member
CentCom
Awesome Player
Whiner & CryBaby
Fixed Force Club
AADOMM
Assassins Guild
Enemies of Diplomacy
Generals
Knights of MC Realm
M.C. Clan Council
M.C. Play Testers
The Borg
The Embassy
T.O's.
Kickstarter

NewSheriffInTown

Make My Day...
CentCom
Awesome Player
M.C. Play Testers
The Wiki Bar
M.C. Youtubers
I get the troop decay like Conflict! Africa, but I just don't see how on a map this size any one player is going to be able to hold a command to bring the bombards into play

Yeah, I understand those concerns. I haven't played enough to know what the outcome will be. I used to think that the dragons on 12D and the missiles on NUKES would never get used, but in certain games they are key.

Medals already made, don't know if Shep has uploaded them yet.

He did. I haven't given them to Marcos yet to install. He might be able to do that early next week. He said he some thing to do until Monday.

Cardinalsrule

Administrator
Staff member
CentCom
Awesome Player
Whiner & CryBaby
Fixed Force Club
AADOMM
Assassins Guild
Enemies of Diplomacy
Generals
Knights of MC Realm
M.C. Clan Council
M.C. Play Testers
The Borg
The Embassy
T.O's.
Kickstarter
I don't think it's a huge rush on the medals, don't believe anyone is anywhere near 25 UDO.

Shepherd

CentCom
O.G.
Awesome Player
AADOMM
M.C. Play Testers
So it seems the server won't eliminate a player when points are on the line. In our Mercenary game, the server eliminated a player, then thought better of it and put the troops back to 1s on the superstate territories. This is an odd outcome, but I think a good one - the point of Mercenary games is to eliminate players for their points, so if a player is auto-eliminated they don't actually lose any points.

I am also told that the server won't eliminate a player in s standard game if there are multiple players still alive; I know for sure that in a 1v1 game the server WILL eliminate a player and end the game.

Trying an assassin game next.

NewSheriffInTown

Make My Day...
CentCom
Awesome Player
M.C. Play Testers
The Wiki Bar
M.C. Youtubers
That's odd. I wonder if the same thing will happen with Africa.

Make note of this because it's all going to be rewritten.

linkinpark

Awesome Player
Generals
The Embassy
I can see why you'd give 4 troops to every region at the beginning of the game but I'm currently in a game where people don't attack at all, it's the fourth round and most still have only 1 reserve card because it's too "expensive" to get a card right from the beginning. I'm wondering if anyone else has experienced a game starting off like that? Personally I thin 3 per regions should be better.