• Scoreboard and Points Live. Read about it HERE

current issues

1 - NEW PLAYERS - Players who created an account on or after May 16 2024 are not able to login to the forum
    2 - AWOL - We do not have an AWOL button under the ACTIVE tab yet. Please check each game to see if you are AWOL.

Thanks.

• Welcome to Major Command's RISK Game forum.

If you are a registered player, please log in:

If you are new to Major Command and would like to
    play our RISK game online. Then please sign up here:

MetaGame Diplomacy Violations

legionbuck

Awesome Player
M.C. Play Testers
Old Soldiers Club
The Duellers Society
Kickstarter
Death threat ? Nope, not even. However, my outrage is geared towards you posting the " rules " by your standards for a simple mistake, and I didn't see any such rules about missing turns, forfeiting, or anything else. Now to make this all go away I suggest the game be deleted, start fresh on a new map, and call it good from there.

People need to understand that honor is not to be taken lightly to a Marine. Expect a challenge to be made, it's a Southern thing, and I'm a good old boy from Texas.

I've sent several messages to masterjskye on this matter, and have yet to hear from him.

masterjskye

Level ∞: Shadow Master
CentCom
Awesome Player
Generals
League of Shadows
M.C. Play Testers
The Embassy
T.O's.
Like I said before, I don't want to be the guy in the middle here, but I am so here goes.

Legion, I know it was an honest mistake, followed by another. But a mistake was made none the less, and the reason behind it is irrelevant really. If you care so much about honour like you say then the most honourable thing to so would have been to just take it on the chin, and accept your punishment. I would expect that from everyone currently playing.

I appreciate emotions are running high, but to go on and threaten Badelmer just for following the rules is totally over the top and makes you look like a psycho. I can't let that pass. You've cast a dark shadow over the whole game with those last comments and blown this whole thing waay out of proportion. These comments are way worse than a simple diplo rule violation.

You're disqualified. Edsdad, I'll let you find another partner to continue with if you wish, since this is a pretty extraordinary situation. If you don't want to continue I'll understand. In that case your team will be removed from the meta.

The game for France is now null & void. Play it out however you want. If both teams are willing, another 2v2 can be played for France. If anyone on either team does not want to replay the game, I'll refund the move order that TB/AW used to attack France and we'll just move on from there.

I don't want to hear any more about this. Ruling made, final decision.

Oh and Legion - please don't hunt me down and kill me.

ne4osu1970

Awesome Player
Fixed Force Club
M.C. Play Testers
The Borg
The Duellers Society
This has gotten really out of control. While I understand taking great pride in playing with honor and integrity but what is going on here has gone to far. I want to win just as much as anyone on here but I also realize it is just a game. We all make mistakes and every situation can be dealt with in a civil manner. Resolutions can be come by that all parties could agree to without getting it to this point. There has been a line crossed with some of the comments in this forum. I am pretty sure masterjskye didn't envision this game that he is putting alot of time into getting to this point.

th-child

Administrator
CentCom
Awesome Player
Whiner & CryBaby
Fixed Force Club
Generals
M.C. Play Testers
The Borg
The Duellers Society
T.O's.
I don't want to hear any more about this. Ruling made, final decision.

Thanks for your efforts, masterj. This was coölheaded decision, great job, don't give up! ;-)

Legionbuck:
I've played against you (and edsdad) quite a few times, and I have never had anything against you. You have made some _very_ strange comments here, but I want to stress one point, as it seems so important to you: I don't think any of us have any ill thoughts about your honor, even with the disqualification and all.
Let me add that BadElmer said nothing bad about your character, and we all know him, too, and he is a cool guy, and definetely not a _kid_, not even from your age ;-), and in my opinion he was in the right to come forward.
But again, we all know it was an honest mistake... shit happens, and I, for one, will be happy to play against you guys any time.

Last edited:

BadElmer

Awesome Player
Assassins Guild
Knights of MC Realm
M.C. Play Testers
The Borg
The Duellers Society
T.O's.
I think most of us are here to play without drama and I apologize to master and the community at large if I handled this improperly in any way. I personally feel the escalation was onesided but am open to constructive criticism. Still no hard feelings on my end.

As far as France is concerned, I'm open to either a 2v2 replay with airwick/trailblazer or a 2v2v2 with edsdad and a new partner or leaving the territory unattacked and returning move orders. It seems that the latter might move the metagame along fastest.

For the record, I still support the no diplomacy rule and think that it was the catalyst but not the cause of the drama which is now behind us.

On with the games...

Last edited:

bullsjit

Awesome Player
Cosa Nostra
I fully understand legion's original mistake. In fact i ve played with him and edsdad and have only good things to say about them. Same goes for badelmer.

However rules are rules in this game and without them we wouldn't be able to have the meta. I hate not having the diplo option at least in the meta or in game. i think it's something that is an important part of every war, however when I agreed to play game of games I agreed to this rule so I will accept any consequences when I break the rules (accidentally or not)

edit: Bullsjit is on vacation and I accidentally posted on his behalf since I m taking his turns until he gets back - Hat7rick

PackerHawkeye

Awesome Player
M.C. Play Testers
The Borg
The Duellers Society
Wow, that escalated quickly. Do I need to buy a firearm now to be safe on this site? ;)

marc369

Awesome Player
M.C. Play Testers
The Borg
Wow this is getting a bit crazy.....I have not seen something go off like this since Ilovebaddice stopped posting on a regular basis!! I am not sure if I have missed it or not.

Seriously though just let master make his ruling and let it go Elmer your a good bloke so rise above it, Legion I have not really come across you much but Cardinals says your a good bloke so let it go mate.

We all know the effort Master has put into this so lets not spoil it for him.

BadElmer

Awesome Player
Assassins Guild
Knights of MC Realm
M.C. Play Testers
The Borg
The Duellers Society
T.O's.
Wow this is getting a bit crazy.....I have not seen something go off like this since Ilovebaddice stopped posting on a regular basis!! I am not sure if I have missed it or not.

Seriously though just let master make his ruling and let it go Elmer your a good bloke so rise above it, Legion I have not really come across you much but Cardinals says your a good bloke so let it go mate.

No worries. I am way over this. There wasn't really a time when I wasn't. I tried to make that clear with my last post. Rulings were made. New game is being played now. Let's let this issue die please. Majorcommand is mostly, and should be, a no drama zone.

namelochil

Awesome Player
Generals
League of Shadows
M.C. Play Testers
The Duellers Society

I do kind of miss ilovebaddice for that reason. she always introduced a little excitement into the forums.....

sensadrome

Awesome Player
Fixed Force Club
League of Shadows
M.C. Play Testers
The Borg
The Duellers Society
On a different(ish) subject, I would love the opportunity to program in a new game setting that lets the game creator set the diplomacy options - these could be any or all of: public chat, diplo messages and treaties. Might make playing these games a little easier, and would change the nature of others.

I would also be very interested to see if ILoveBadDice would play a multiplayer with no chat. Personally I think good diplomacy is a large part of the skill of this game, but it might be cool to play games where the diplomacy is implied and not stated and where there would be no name calling.

What d'ya think ?

LaLaJoy

Awesome Player
If players forgetting the 'no diplomacy' rule is a problem, why not have someone (or all players) post in the chat at the beginning of the game an all-caps reminder that diplomacy is not allowed?

trailblazer

Awesome Player
Fixed Force Club
Enemies of Diplomacy
M.C. Play Testers
Spaceballs
If players forgetting the 'no diplomacy' rule is a problem, why not have someone (or all players) post in the chat at the beginning of the game an all-caps reminder that diplomacy is not allowed?

As it happens I did that in the 2v2v2 diplogate game, but it didn't stop the thing happening, due to one of the players forgetting it was a metagame battle. masterjskye has sorted this now, by making all battles 2v2 from this round onwards in the metagame.

masterjskye

CentCom
Awesome Player
Generals
League of Shadows
M.C. Play Testers
The Embassy
T.O's.
http://www.majorcommand.com/Games/Game.php?gameid=193527

Cardinalsrule - Covering up tactical discussions with "hypothetically speaking", "It'd be wrong to say something like "lets not attack each other", "you could just continue in africa and let us nuke master and namel....." is blatant cheating. You just lost 1 strike.

trailblazer

Awesome Player
Fixed Force Club
Enemies of Diplomacy
M.C. Play Testers
Spaceballs
Thanks.. I think.

Yes, we managed victory in Arabia. Also TH & Dorcee it is your lucky day, IronZ & Bulle have not responded at all so they have been eliminated by default. Your team gets their moves and their territories absolutely free.

Map updated.

Well, those "bonus" moves TH & Dorcee will pick up from the absent IronZ & Bulle will help them offset any more move orders they might lose this round for further failed attacks, alongside the one they are going to lose in the "Diplogate 2" battle for Bolivia:
http://www.majorcommand.com/Games/Game.php?gameid=193527

However, rather than Cardinalsrule having to miss a turn in this Bolivia battle for his first strike, I was thinking a more relavant penalty would be for his team to forfeit one move order next round, in a similar way to a failed attack now loses one move order.

Alternatively, under the current rules, for a second offence the player is required to cease playing in the battle where the offence took place. Whereas in the original "Diplogate" battle last round, legionbuck's first strike followed a one off diplomatic message proposing a six round truce with another team (mine) in the battle for France, by having put three comments in the game chat, all proposing a truce in the metagame with TH & Dorcee, to me this would warrant a second strike penalty against Cardinalsrule.

It was neither a one off comment, nor was it focused on the local battle for Bolivia, so far more significant a violation than legionbuck's original misdemeanour. So under the current rules, I would say that Cardinalsrule/Chilly can no longer participate in the Battle for Bolivia and TH & Dorcee get (another) lucky win.

Last edited:

namelochil

Awesome Player
Generals
League of Shadows
M.C. Play Testers
The Duellers Society
I really like the bit where chilly goes, "ok. I don't want either of us to get in trouble...."

masterjskye

CentCom
Awesome Player
Generals
League of Shadows
M.C. Play Testers
The Embassy
T.O's.
I know where you're coming from Trailblazer, but changing the rules on the fly when there is some kind of punishment involved is only going to cause more upset. Maybe the rules can be tightened in the future, but right now I'm just going to take 1 strike off Cardinalsrule. The next time it happens, if there is a next time, the game will be given to whoever they are fighting as per the established second strike rule.

Cardinalsrule

Administrator
Staff member
CentCom
Awesome Player
Whiner & CryBaby
Fixed Force Club
AADOMM
Assassins Guild
Enemies of Diplomacy
Generals
Knights of MC Realm
M.C. Clan Council
M.C. Play Testers
The Borg
The Embassy
T.O's.
Kickstarter
Wow. I find myself in a quite uncomfortable place here. Yes, I did commit a violation, and I fully accept the strike that Master issued. I wish to apologize to ALL the participants of the game of games for my actions. I especially want to apologize to my partner, who was/is totally blameless, and in fact, as namelochil notes, told me to shut up, albeit too late. I'd had a couple of drinks at a Christmas party, and I ran over at the mouth, acted stupidly, and broke the rules of the game.

I have no excuse, and won't try to make one. I was wrong. I, as I said, accept the strike with no protest whatsoever and will definitely NOT be 'earning' a second one..... I agree with Masters last comment that, should there be a next time (there won't!) then a game forfeit would be in order. In fact, if I ever do something this stupid again, I'll voluntarily leave the game and let Chilly pick another partner.

Last edited:

masterjskye

CentCom
Awesome Player
Generals
League of Shadows
M.C. Play Testers
The Embassy
T.O's.
Fair enough Cards. These things happen.

Thanks for holding your hands up and admitting to a mistake, that's all it was and now we can move on with the game with no unnecessary drama.
:marchmellow:​