• Scoreboard and Points Live. Read about it HERE

current issues

1 - NEW PLAYERS - Players who created an account on or after May 16 2024 are not able to login to the forum
    2 - AWOL - We do not have an AWOL button under the ACTIVE tab yet. Please check each game to see if you are AWOL.

Thanks.

• Welcome to Major Command's RISK Game forum.

If you are a registered player, please log in:

If you are new to Major Command and would like to
    play our RISK game online. Then please sign up here:

MetaGame Diplomacy Violations

hat7rick

Awesome Player
Cosa Nostra
Guys I took my turn and forgot it was a "Game of Games" game..I would have said what I said in any other game. Honest mistake but yes there should be at least a penalty or you can disqualify us if it comes to that. I ll understand and I know Master is in a tough spot. Fact is I broke the rules (even if by mistake) and there need to be consequences (I just feel sorry for patsfan44 who didn't do anything wrong)

you can check the game here : http://www.majorcommand.com/Games/Game.php?gameid=189002

What I said definitely had an impact on the game, and it wasn't in Sebrim/smi best interest.

edit:In my defense, In tournaments you see the game is special from the pink/red colour .. Here there's no clear way to distinguish the game aside from notes and you just have to remember which is definitely not easy during a busy day at the office.. It just feels natural to press all the Yellow turn buttons and play the games as you would normally

Last edited:

smi

Awesome Player
Kickstarter
Guys I took my turn and forgot it was a "Game of Games" game..I would have said what I said in any other game. Honest mistake but yes there should be at least a penalty or you can disqualify us if it comes to that. I ll understand and I know Master is in a tough spot. Fact is I broke the rules (even if by mistake) and there need to be consequences (I just feel sorry for patsfan44 who didn't do anything wrong)

you can check the game here : http://www.majorcommand.com/Games/Game.php?gameid=189002

What I said definitely had an impact on the game, and it wasn't in Sebrim/smi best interest.

Well even if the whole situation is against my team's interests, please do not disqualify hat7rick team from Game of Games.

Game of Games is turning in a too awesome game to miss ... we will win them on the field anyway :)

ndrm31

Awesome Player
Cosa Nostra
Fixed Force Club
Assassins Guild
Enemies of Diplomacy
Knights of MC Realm
M.C. Play Testers
The Borg
League of Gentlepeople
T.O's.

Hi dude, I checked the game chat, and that 1 penalty turn seems to be a good solution; in other side, being a member of Cosa Nostra clan, the Godfather deicide to give u an extra penalization, of a week with no spagetti nor pizza for you XD

Sebrim

Awesome Player
Fixed Force Club
Knights of MC Realm
M.C. Play Testers
The Borg
The Wiki Bar

I can't say I feel there has been a rule break. You did not do any diplomacy, but only stated an opinion out in the open. I would say the no diplomacy rule means that there should be no diplomatic messaging and no diplomatic requests, but not that it's not allowed to talk strategy out in the open. That seems too harsh. If you think the one turn missing penalty is necessary please do, but I'm not going to be angry if you don't miss your turn. As far as I understood smi, he wouldn't mind either. Who says that bigshoes and packer wouldn't have seen the issue without you stating it? Yes, you did talk about later treaties, but you have apologised for that...

masterjskye

Level ∞: Shadow Master
CentCom
Awesome Player
Generals
League of Shadows
M.C. Play Testers
The Embassy
T.O's.
Well it is fortunate that you see it that way, so there are no hard feelings, but the No Diplo rule includes all local chat and any inbox messaging / forum posting / other games / off site. If you try and influence another teams play in the main game or any team games then it is a rule breach. So don't do it.

Last edited:

trailblazer

Awesome Player
Fixed Force Club
Enemies of Diplomacy
M.C. Play Testers
Spaceballs
* The "No Diplomacy" rule: Simply put, do not team up or collude with any other teams in either the metagame itself or any metagame related games. No agreements, no messages, no secret diplomacy. Anyone found to be doing so risks ejection from the competition, and permanent shame.

This rule has been violated by legionbuck in the battle for France:
http://www.majorcommand.com/Games/Game.php?gameid=188830

As a result, I propose the legionbuck/edsdad team are disqualified from the battle for France and this battle is now replayed as a new 2*2 game on the same map and settings between the defending team of badelmer/globogym and the remaining honourable attacking team of trailblazer/airwick.

BadElmer

Awesome Player
Assassins Guild
Knights of MC Realm
M.C. Play Testers
The Borg
The Duellers Society
T.O's.

BadElmer

Awesome Player
Assassins Guild
Knights of MC Realm
M.C. Play Testers
The Borg
The Duellers Society
T.O's.
The game above was effectively ruined by legion taking that turn, which included a big trade. It is clear that our team had the advantage before that turn. I feel we should have the win at this point. Unfair to make us replay a game against a team we were way ahead of and unfair for legion's team to get the win.

trailblazer

Awesome Player
Fixed Force Club
Enemies of Diplomacy
M.C. Play Testers
Spaceballs
The game above was effectively ruined by legion taking that turn, which included a big trade. It is clear that our team had the advantage before that turn. I feel we should have the win at this point. Unfair to make us replay a game against a team we were way ahead of and unfair for legion's team to get the win.

My understanding is at this stage we are on to Strike 2 in Masterjskye's previous ruling, ie. legion/edsdad play no further part in the current battle for France.

Also Masterjskye, can I just doublecheck my understanding about the wider aspect of your ruling, ie not just for the battle for France. My understanding is legion/edsdad now carry these two strikes with them for all future rounds of the megagame and so they are on their final warning. If they disobey the rulings a third time they are expelled from the megagame.

BadElmer

Awesome Player
Assassins Guild
Knights of MC Realm
M.C. Play Testers
The Borg
The Duellers Society
T.O's.
My understanding is at this stage we are on to Strike 2 in Masterjskye's previous ruling, ie. legion/edsdad play no further part in the current battle for France.

Also Masterjskye, can I just doublecheck my understanding about the wider aspect of your ruling, ie not just for the battle for France. My understanding is legion/edsdad now carry these two strikes with them for all future rounds of the megagame and so they are on their final warning. If they disobey the rulings a third time they are expelled from the megagame.

The strikes are for disobeying the no diplomacy rule. Disobeying the ruling and the penalty is a whole different thing. There is no way legion's team should have a chance to win this game after ignoring the PENALTY. And there is no way we should lose the game for it. Nothing personal here, but ignoring the penalty should be at least disqualification from this game if not the tourney.

BadElmer

Awesome Player
Assassins Guild
Knights of MC Realm
M.C. Play Testers
The Borg
The Duellers Society
T.O's.
And how will we enforce them not playing the rest of the game anyway if they choose to ignore the rulings? As far as we know he will just play again next turn. I feel like however this comes out, our team is the one paying the penalty.

namelochil

Awesome Player
Generals
League of Shadows
M.C. Play Testers
The Duellers Society
I took a look at the game in question. I don't see where anyone told legion that he had incurred a penalty. Did someone send him a message? Or were you all just expecting him to check the forum? It seems pretty harsh to disqualify him for refusing to submit to a penalty that he was never made aware of....

masterjskye

CentCom
Awesome Player
Generals
League of Shadows
M.C. Play Testers
The Embassy
T.O's.
What a pain in the arse... Just a warning - the more violations of this rule that occur, the less please I am going to be each time with the culprits. I really can't be bothered issuing reprimands to people for stuff that was clearly against the rules I laid out.

I considered this today while at work, and came to the conclusion that because they ignored the strike one penalty they are automatically issued their second strike. Now Edsdad & Legion should cease all activity in that game, just start the turns and let the time expire without deploying.

And yes Trail, these warning persist throughout the competition Eds-Legion are on their final warning. One more slip-up and they're out of the Meta. If this penalty is ignored then they go straight to strike three, incur my wrath, and are disqualified. I think the only solution in that case is another 2v2 - which is the absolute last resort and shouldn't ever happen if people play within the rules!

I want you all to write on the chat log - in capital letters if necessary, that Edsdad and Legion are now to stop playing. Redirect them to this post if you need to. I'll mail them like I did last night but who knows if the message will be received and acted upon.

namelochil

Awesome Player
Generals
League of Shadows
M.C. Play Testers
The Duellers Society
I took a look at the game in question. I don't see where anyone told legion that he had incurred a penalty. Did someone send him a message? Or were you all just expecting him to check the forum? It seems pretty harsh to disqualify him for refusing to submit to a penalty that he was never made aware of....

Ha. Please disregard this comment, as it was clearly moronic. I see now that both Elmer and Blazer informed Legion of the penalty....

BadElmer

Awesome Player
Assassins Guild
Knights of MC Realm
M.C. Play Testers
The Borg
The Duellers Society
T.O's.
11/27/13 18:45:55 trailblazer Ok, will do. Ruling also says covert messages should be displayed in the chat for all to see, so here it is: "11/27/13 10:51:05 legionbuck: Suggest a truce setup...I want to take Epirus, and I'll extend a truce for 6 rounds to ya via Vjosa...we HAVE to deal with Bad Elmer or this one is over. What say you ?"

11/27/13 18:38:45 BadElmer legion skips the next turn...game continues

11/27/13 18:38:24 BadElmer Strike One - The person that broke the rule must Miss a turn

11/27/13 18:38:15 BadElmer ruling given....

That's from the chat before he played his turn. DQ may be harsh but what is a fair solution?

masterjskye

CentCom
Awesome Player
Generals
League of Shadows
M.C. Play Testers
The Embassy
T.O's.

Well This was said:

11/27/13 18:38:45
GetUnitCircleImage.php
BadElmer: legion skips the next turn...game continues
11/27/13 18:38:24
GetUnitCircleImage.php
BadElmer: Strike One - The person that broke the rule must Miss a turn
11/27/13 18:38:15
GetUnitCircleImage.php
BadElmer: ruling given....

And I also sent both Legion and edsdad a warning last night to their inbox informing them of what they had to do.

BadElmer

Awesome Player
Assassins Guild
Knights of MC Realm
M.C. Play Testers
The Borg
The Duellers Society
T.O's.
What a pain in the arse... Just a warning - the more violations of this rule that occur, the less please I am going to be each time with the culprits. I really can't be bothered issuing reprimands to people for stuff that was clearly against the rules I laid out.

I considered this today while at work, and came to the conclusion that because they ignored the strike one penalty they are automatically issued their second strike. Now Edsdad & Legion should cease all activity in that game, just start the turns and let the time expire without deploying.

And yes Trail, these warning persist throughout the competition Eds-Legion are on their final warning. One more slip-up and they're out of the Meta. If this penalty is ignored then they go straight to strike three, incur my wrath, and are disqualified. I think the only solution in that case is another 2v2 - which is the absolute last resort and shouldn't ever happen if people play within the rules!

I want you all to write on the chat log - in capital letters if necessary, that Edsdad and Legion are now to stop playing. Redirect them to this post if you need to. I'll mail them like I did last night but who knows if the message will be received and acted upon.

ok; thanks, master

It just makes it hard to play my turn now, not knowing if they will attack me anyway. I'm going to play it as if they will not play their turns though and hope it doesn't come back to bite me I guess.

EDIT: I see now that you covered that eventuality.

Last edited:

legionbuck

Awesome Player
M.C. Play Testers
Old Soldiers Club
The Duellers Society
Kickstarter
To masterjskye and Meta Game players : Bad Elmer ranting here about a mistake I MADE, ( not edsdad ), needs to be responded to. First, edsdad and I have been playing more than one Balkans maps at this time. I use diplomacy messages frequently for alliances and strategy statements. I had just finished 2 graveyard shifts ( very tired - lack of sleep ) doing a vet's community service event when I posted that diplo offer not realizing it was a Meta Game map at the time. When Bad Elmer ( losing the game at that time ) pointed out my mistake in the game chat, I responded and apologized on the spot. I did not check my inbox ( not regularly like email ) so the warning / instructions were not seen. Now, Thanksgiving morning , with company coming , and things to do, I'm addressing this issue.

The facts are these : edsdad had NOTHING to do with this, it was an innocent boo boo , honor MATTERS to me ( being a 3 tour Marine and an officer and a gentleman / Captain ) and I apologized for my mistake in public on game chat, and here as well.

Bad Elmer, siddown , kid, people make honest mistakes...that's why pencils have erasers and computers have delete buttons. Since you and yer partner have won several games from our team, seem kinda petty and whining to yap about this when I CLEARLY apologized in game chat , and here, and GET OVER IT !

I await mastrjskye's reply in my inbox, but don't count on me getting to see it until later this evening.

legionbuck

Awesome Player
M.C. Play Testers
Old Soldiers Club
The Duellers Society
Kickstarter
And Bad Elmer...YOU don't make the rules, or make punishments !