• Scoreboard and Points Live. Read about it HERE

current issues

1 - NEW PLAYERS - Players who created an account on or after May 16 2024 are not able to login to the forum
    2 - AWOL - We do not have an AWOL button under the ACTIVE tab yet. Please check each game to see if you are AWOL.

Thanks.

• Welcome to Major Command's RISK Game forum.

If you are a registered player, please log in:

If you are new to Major Command and would like to
    play our RISK game online. Then please sign up here:

MetaGame Diplomacy Violations

masterjskye

Level ∞: Shadow Master
CentCom
Awesome Player
Generals
League of Shadows
M.C. Play Testers
The Embassy
T.O's.
I don't know... I just don't know.

I had a full message written out to you about this - after thinking about it all day. And not happy thoughts, annoyed thoughts that my system is not working. After a day of the "3 strikes" system, there is already controversy, people getting upset and generally not good stuff happening.

Is this no diplomacy rule a good thing? Or in the end is it just not worth it to try and uphold this rule? It goes against the way we normally play to not use diplomacy, and mistakes are inevitable. I really don't want to have to smooth over relations or put out fires every time someone makes an honest mistake, as I believe this all to be.

I really do believe the game would be better without collusion but I don't like what is happening here. The metagame is meant to be fun...

I don't really like being Judge.

namelochil

Awesome Player
Generals
League of Shadows
M.C. Play Testers
The Duellers Society
I think there should be no talking between teams about the meta-game.

But perhaps we could allow game diplomacy.

This would seemingly resolve the issue about 'accidental diplomacy,' since it would be hard for someone to claim that she somehow innocently confused the meta-game with some other game she was playing.

Obviously, there may be occasions when game diplomacy could be affected by what's going on in the meta-game. On such occasions, players should feel honor-bound to refrain from mentioning the meta-game. Again, this isn't something that's easy to get confused about.

BadElmer

Awesome Player
Assassins Guild
Knights of MC Realm
M.C. Play Testers
The Borg
The Duellers Society
T.O's.
legion, as I said before, this isn't personal. I fully accept your apology and I understand we all make mistakes. My point is that it did affect the game unfairly. Also, I was NOT losing at the time. Our teams were equal with about 70 armies each. I had just taken out airwick for 5 cards and we were strong. You needn't have relied on your email as this was all said in the chat. You chatted yourself before that mistaken turn and so should have seen it. Again, I'm not saying you intentionally did anything wrong, just that we shouldn't be punished for your mistakes. I don't really think I was ranting; just trying to settle the rules. I don't make the rules, but I do follow them and am within my rights to speak up for them. I'm certainly not looking for conflict.

Sebrim

Awesome Player
Fixed Force Club
Knights of MC Realm
M.C. Play Testers
The Borg
The Wiki Bar
Elmer: who says it did affect the game? It afected the way you perceive it - who says you wouldn't be the main target of the opponents anyway?

BadElmer

Awesome Player
Assassins Guild
Knights of MC Realm
M.C. Play Testers
The Borg
The Duellers Society
T.O's.
Elmer: who says it did affect the game? It afected the way you perceive it - who says you wouldn't be the main target of the opponents anyway?

The initial discussion may not have affected the game much, I agree. But playing a turn after being told not to certainly did.

Cardinalsrule

Administrator
Staff member
CentCom
Awesome Player
Whiner & CryBaby
Fixed Force Club
AADOMM
Assassins Guild
Enemies of Diplomacy
Generals
Knights of MC Realm
M.C. Clan Council
M.C. Play Testers
The Borg
The Embassy
T.O's.
Kickstarter
I don't know... I just don't know.

I had a full message written out to you about this - after thinking about it all day. And not happy thoughts, annoyed thoughts that my system is not working. After a day of the "3 strikes" system, there is already controversy, people getting upset and generally not good stuff happening.

Is this no diplomacy rule a good thing? Or in the end is it just not worth it to try and uphold this rule? It goes against the way we normally play to not use diplomacy, and mistakes are inevitable. I really don't want to have to smooth over relations or put out fires every time someone makes an honest mistake, as I believe this all to be.

I really do believe the game would be better without collusion but I don't like what is happening here. The metagame is meant to be fun...

I don't really like being Judge.

I understand your feelings, jskye. But, a rule is a rule, and I'm not in favor of changing it halfway through. I think the "no diplo" rule should stand. Since you have so much on your plate, maybe you could appoint someone else to be the judge of violations? Someone whose integrity is unquestioned, like dorcee or chilly? (not trying to slight anyone, I have no doubts about the integrity of everyone playing in the tourney, just using those 2 as examples.)

edsdad

Awesome Player
Gentlemen of Leisure
Enemies of Diplomacy
M.C. Play Testers
Old Soldiers Club
The Canadian Club
The Duellers Society
Kickstarter
WHOAAAAAAA ! Easy now guys ! I believe that this is still a game no one really dies.I do believe we are all here for the same reasons,love of the game,the site and to have fun. Mistakes where made,shit happens that's the way it is,here and in the real world,life goes on.I believe that if this goes on bad feelings are going to fester and I'm sure none of us want that,won't do anyone any good.

I know that it's human nature to hold a grudge,so lets all take deep breath,step back from the brink and let calmer heads prevail.Already words like integrity,honour and collusion are being thrown about ,that ain't good,wars have started for less. I've known Buck for many years now and believe him when he says it was a mistake.

So in the name of keeping the peace and to keep feelings from being hurt ( and it will happen) I'll start my turn,let time run out and not play again till this is under control,because has far as I'm concerned it ain't worth it.

BadElmer

Awesome Player
Assassins Guild
Knights of MC Realm
M.C. Play Testers
The Borg
The Duellers Society
T.O's.
WHOAAAAAAA ! Easy now guys ! I believe that this is still a game no one really dies.I do believe we are all here for the same reasons,love of the game,the site and to have fun. Mistakes where made,shit happens that's the way it is,here and in the real world,life goes on.I believe that if this goes on bad feelings are going to fester and I'm sure none of us want that,won't do anyone any good.

I know that it's human nature to hold a grudge,so lets all take deep breath,step back from the brink and let calmer heads prevail.Already words like integrity,honour and collusion are being thrown about ,that ain't good,wars have started for less. I've known Buck for many years now and believe him when he says it was a mistake.

So in the name of keeping the peace and to keep feelings from being hurt ( and it will happen) I'll start my turn,let time run out and not play again till this is under control,because has far as I'm concerned it ain't worth it.

Once again I'll point out that this isn't personal at all to me and no grudges are being held here. I also didn't throw any of those words about for that matter.

Cardinalsrule

Administrator
Staff member
CentCom
Awesome Player
Whiner & CryBaby
Fixed Force Club
AADOMM
Assassins Guild
Enemies of Diplomacy
Generals
Knights of MC Realm
M.C. Clan Council
M.C. Play Testers
The Borg
The Embassy
T.O's.
Kickstarter

I have played MANY games against legionbuck since I joined this site nearly 3 years ago, and have never known him to do anything unethical. I completely believe him when he said that it was a mistake. That being said, he did break a rule, and there have to be penalties for that. Having them step out of that game, which was the proscribed penalty, seems not too harsh to me. It's one game, for one tert, it won't kill their team's chances of winning the tourney.

Now, can we get back to playing the games?

trailblazer

Awesome Player
Fixed Force Club
Enemies of Diplomacy
M.C. Play Testers
Spaceballs
I have played MANY games against legionbuck since I joined this site nearly 3 years ago, and have never known him to do anything unethical. I completely believe him when he said that it was a mistake. That being said, he did break a rule, and there have to be penalties for that. Having them step out of that game, which was the proscribed penalty, seems not too harsh to me. It's one game, for one tert, it won't kill their team's chances of winning the tourney.

Now, can we get back to playing the games?

Agree with this. It was a mistake twice over, not done on purpose. But the rules say, they now sit this battle for France out. Let's all get over it and on to other battles and fingers crossed no more mistakes for edsdad/legion, cos next time round the rules say you will be out of the metagame.

legionbuck

Awesome Player
M.C. Play Testers
Old Soldiers Club
The Duellers Society
Kickstarter
The original ruling was that I miss one turn...so be it. To sit out the battle seems unfair since that would be the penalty for flagrant disobedience.

Cards, thank you for the character reference, it's appreciated.

If Bad Elmer continues to make this innocent mistake an issue, then maybe I should resign from MajCom, since the other alternative would be to have my second call upon his and make arrangements for a " codo duello " resolution to this. Unless Bad Elmer backs off, then either he and I BOTH resign from MajCom, or I am at his service, location not a problem, and I WILL meet him on the field of honor.

Wanna insist on making this an uproar ? Then defend your point meeting me over pistols...and I'm NOT JOKING !!!! I have put enough morons in the ground, one more will be no problem ...and again, location is NOT an excuse to back out, Bad Elmer. You insult my honor, you can damned well back it up, or go home !

Put up or shut up !

legionbuck

Awesome Player
M.C. Play Testers
Old Soldiers Club
The Duellers Society
Kickstarter
I'm awaiting your response...and if Bad Elmer wants to continue yapping about an innocent mistake then he can feel free to contact edsdad as my second and I will meet Bad Elmer ( location is NOT a problem ) and settle this over pistols...NO JOKE ! This is SERIOUS...he wants to make this an issue, then I challenge him to back up his yapping with facing me in a duel. Marines do NOT take this crap lightly, and I'll be damned to have some kid affront me and my partner !

I await your answer to what comes next....

namelochil

Awesome Player
Generals
League of Shadows
M.C. Play Testers
The Duellers Society
jesus

Cardinalsrule

Administrator
Staff member
CentCom
Awesome Player
Whiner & CryBaby
Fixed Force Club
AADOMM
Assassins Guild
Enemies of Diplomacy
Generals
Knights of MC Realm
M.C. Clan Council
M.C. Play Testers
The Borg
The Embassy
T.O's.
Kickstarter
pretty much

BadElmer

Awesome Player
Assassins Guild
Knights of MC Realm
M.C. Play Testers
The Borg
The Duellers Society
T.O's.
WTF? Someone show me one place I did anything but call out the rules. One place at all where I insulted anyone's honor, etc. Anyone? Quit being childish. I called out rules...on a game. That's all. Leave the crazy at home.

BadElmer

Awesome Player
Assassins Guild
Knights of MC Realm
M.C. Play Testers
The Borg
The Duellers Society
T.O's.
Now I have to call authorities or what dude?

BadElmer

Awesome Player
Assassins Guild
Knights of MC Realm
M.C. Play Testers
The Borg
The Duellers Society
T.O's.
So what the hell is the ruling on a death threat anyway?

BadElmer

Awesome Player
Assassins Guild
Knights of MC Realm
M.C. Play Testers
The Borg
The Duellers Society
T.O's.
What ever happened to civil discourse anyway? Resorting to name calling and threats is something only one person has done here. Again, someone show me where that is not true. I just want to play games, by the rules. That's all I have ever said. Let's try to keep the chat adult before calling others kid please.

patsfan44

Awesome Player
AADOMM
M.C. Play Testers
WTF did I miss over Thanksgiving!

trailblazer

Awesome Player
Fixed Force Club
Enemies of Diplomacy
M.C. Play Testers
Spaceballs
I'm awaiting your response...and if Bad Elmer wants to continue yapping about an innocent mistake then he can feel free to contact edsdad as my second and I will meet Bad Elmer ( location is NOT a problem ) and settle this over pistols...NO JOKE ! This is SERIOUS...he wants to make this an issue, then I challenge him to back up his yapping with facing me in a duel. Marines do NOT take this crap lightly, and I'll be damned to have some kid affront me and my partner !

I await your answer to what comes next....

Surely for making a death threat against badelmer, legion now takes Strike 3 - immediate dismissal of his team from the metagame.