• Points are back! Read about it HERE

current issues

1 - NEW PLAYERS - Players who created an account on or after Oct 15 2023 are not able to log into the forum
    2 - AWOL - We do not have an AWOL button under the ACTIVE tab yet. Please check each game to see if you are AWOL.
    3 - STUCK GAMES - Some games will not load properly. If you encounter this, please post stuck games HERE

Thanks.

• Welcome to Major Command's RISK Game forum.

If you are a registered player, please log in:

If you are new to Major Command and would like to
    play our RISK game online. Then please sign up here:

Mercenaries: The Thanksgiving Escalation

Malpot

Awesome Player
Assassins Guild
Generals
League of Shadows
M.C. Play Testers
Kickstarter

So all hallows eve is near, and there is so so much to fear with goblins and vampires, ballerinas and Miley Cyrus's. You will need to take out a cash advance to afford all of the candy they are planning to extort from you! How are you going to afford that? How about but hunting down a slay load of POINTS! We are bringing back our favorite and yours, with a slight twist:

Mercenaries: The Thanksgiving Escalation
1zvfvqv.jpg

There is an event level buy in of 25 points for each of the 45 participants, which puts 1125 points in the winner’s pot. The first, second, and third place players with the highest total kill counts will receive 675, 270, and 180 points, respectively. (1)

There will be 5 separate sub-tourneys in the event, one each on:

1) Balkans
2) British Isles
3) Classic Massive
4) Conflict Africa
5) Mexican American War

For each of the tournaments, the first round will have 5 maps with 9 players each feeding into the second and final round, which will have a single map of 5 players. All maps will be Mercenary, Singles, 3, Anywhere, Escalate, and Chance. While the second map in each tourney will give some nice tourney points, it kills will not count towards the event totals. The maximum kills the first place person could have is 40= 5 x (9 - 1).

Each player in the event will be required to sign up for all for all 5 of these tourneys (an email with links will be sent once the 5 sub tourneys are created).

Each tourney will have a 10 point buy in with a 60/40 payout. The first place player will get 270 points, and the remaining 4 second place players will get 45 points each.

After each turn you make a kill(s), report the map it was on and who was eliminated, if you want to have it count towards your final kill count.

You will need to have a user image associated with your account so we can show who killed who. If you do not have one, and refuse to supply one, we reserve the right to supply one for you that will appear as if it was selected by a preteen girl.

Reply to this thread to sign up, as only the first 45 players who do so will get in.

Happy Hunting!
~Malpot and Linkintheory13

Q & A

(1) Q - How would a tie be handled? A - If two people are tied for first place (which means there would be no second place), they would split the first and second place pots (675 + 270) / 2. Etc, etc.

(2) Q - Is in-game diplomacy and cross-game collusion is allowed? A -You can do whatever you want inside your current map, although breaking diplos is frowned upon (and everyone else tends to make you their priority target at that point). However you are a Merc, and you have no allegiances outside the current battle, except for the payout at the end.
(3) Q - So in-game diplomacy is cool. Out-side of game diplomacy is not cool. Agreeing to do something in one game in exchange for something in another game is not cool. A - Correct, correct, and correct.

(4) Q - How about painting a target on kill leaders? A - I think it is logical to say, that if kerver or champig (previous Merc League winners) have 20 kills and you have 19, you would do whatever you could *yourself* in the remaining games that both he and you are in, to keep him from getting any more kills. Anyone watching the score board would naturally try to prevent kerver or champig from racking up any more kills. However, I think it is bad form to come right out and tell everyone to gang up on him. What any Merc does on his own is fine. And in the midst of a raging battle a few Mercs may stand back to back (for a while). But Mercs should not collude beyond that. Unless it is team Mercs, but that is for another event ;-)

Last edited:

Malpot

Awesome Player
Assassins Guild
Generals
League of Shadows
M.C. Play Testers
Kickstarter
Needless to say, I am in.... So is Linkintheory13, so 48 slots to go...

Last edited:

BudH

Awesome Player
Fixed Force Club
Generals
League of Shadows
M.C. Play Testers
The Borg
The Duellers Society
I am in

BadElmer

Awesome Player
Assassins Guild
Knights of MC Realm
M.C. Play Testers
The Borg
The Duellers Society
T.O's.
I'm in please.

Tyro

Awesome Player
The 'B' Squad
Generals
Knights of MC Realm
M.C. Play Testers
The Borg
Yes please, count me in.

Dalinar

Awesome Player
Fixed Force Club
Generals
Sign me up, need to give everyone a chance for a whack at the newly inflated point pinata ;)

calume

Awesome Player
Generals
M.C. Play Testers
Old Soldiers Club
The Canadian Club
League of Gentlepeople
T.O's.
I'm in, thanks

ne4osu1970

Awesome Player
Fixed Force Club
M.C. Play Testers
The Borg
The Duellers Society
Count me in please!

Malpot

Awesome Player
Assassins Guild
Generals
League of Shadows
M.C. Play Testers
Kickstarter
41 slots left...

sensadrome

Awesome Player
Fixed Force Club
League of Shadows
M.C. Play Testers
The Borg
The Duellers Society
In! 40 slots...

BeanZ

Awesome Player
Cosa Nostra
M.C. Play Testers
The Borg
The Wiki Bar
M.C. Youtubers
Yay... Count me in!

Sorry about making it confusing in the other thread... I'm looking forward to this one!

Tapeworm

Awesome Player
Cosa Nostra
M.C. Play Testers
The Wiki Bar
T.O's.
Count me in!

Malpot

Awesome Player
Assassins Guild
Generals
League of Shadows