• Points are back! Read about it HERE

current issues

1 - NEW PLAYERS - Players who created an account on or after Oct 15 2023 are not able to log into the forum
    2 - AWOL - We do not have an AWOL button under the ACTIVE tab yet. Please check each game to see if you are AWOL.
    3 - STUCK GAMES - Some games will not load properly. If you encounter this, please post stuck games HERE

Thanks.

• Welcome to Major Command's RISK Game forum.

If you are a registered player, please log in:

If you are new to Major Command and would like to
    play our RISK game online. Then please sign up here:

Medals

marc369

Awesome Player
M.C. Play Testers
The Borg
Is there anyway that you can view your progress towards a medal?

th-child

Administrator
CentCom
Awesome Player
Whiner & CryBaby
Fixed Force Club
Generals
M.C. Play Testers
The Borg
The Duellers Society
T.O's.
I'm just thinking aloud, but there must be an easier way than manual work. (I hope so, i have 1500+ games)

What if one makes the relevant search, and saves the page as an html file. I'm sure it won't be too hard to write a script or a macro or i-dont-know to extract the data.

There must be a bunch of nerds... khm, very intelligent people around here, if you are one of them and read this... please?

Upvote 0

Givati

Awesome Player
There must be a bunch of nerds... khm, very intelligent people around here, if you are one of them and read this... please?

I think you meant to say "geeks". People often confuse between "nerds" and "geeks". Here's a Venn diagram that should help those who are confused make the distinction. I recommend printing it and carrying it in your wallet.

2934a69c

By the way, what does "khm" stand for?

Upvote 0

Bluebonnet

Awesome Player
Enemies of Diplomacy
Knights of MC Realm
The Duellers Society
Should be an attachment

I saved it as xls (97-03) excel. But I couldn't open it from the computer I created it on.

I can open it from my chrome book. But the pivot tables aren't functional and charts dissapeared.

Anyone else have success?

Attachments

• Risk - Share.xls
    392 KB · Views: 95
Last edited:
Upvote 0

BeanZ

Awesome Player
Cosa Nostra
M.C. Play Testers
The Borg
The Wiki Bar
M.C. Youtubers
I think you meant to say "geeks". People often confuse between "nerds" and "geeks". Here's a Venn diagram that should help those who are confused make the distinction. I recommend printing it and carrying it in your wallet.

2934a69c

:lovesign:
printed and added to my wallet :top:

Anyone else have success?

O my goodness... so much more elaborate than mine!!!!!
It all seems to work fine for me :)

Upvote 0

Bluebonnet

Awesome Player
Enemies of Diplomacy
Knights of MC Realm
The Duellers Society
Awesome. And for the record, I deleted about 10% of my games, made up some ficticious players and changed some names around on games in a random order. Just didn't want to give away my exact counts while still being able to display the information.

The spreadhseet is geared towards wins. I can add in detail for losses as well to graph out overall win loss ratios. That would double my historical input and I have no interest in it for the time involved. Newer players may want to have it though.

Upvote 0

BeanZ

Awesome Player
Cosa Nostra
M.C. Play Testers
The Borg
The Wiki Bar
M.C. Youtubers
Well... here's mine, not as comprehensive (or cool) as GTI's but it's another alternative...

The file's a bit big, so here's a dropbox link to it...
https://www.dropbox.com/s/p4l051afl5f28h7/Medals Spreadsheet.xls?dl=0
The 2nd sheet "UDO's" is just used for calculations, no need to change anything there.
Just enter each players name along with a 1 beside it depending on if it was a doubles/triples/quads game (with no 1 for a singles game)

BeanZ

P.S. If you have an Onxy there isn't enough space for more than the 500 UDO's for each map, so here's a larger version with space for 500-1000 UDOs per map https://www.dropbox.com/s/tamq83fxlv3uzt5/Medals Spreadsheet 500-1000.xls?dl=0

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Bluebonnet

Awesome Player
Enemies of Diplomacy
Knights of MC Realm
The Duellers Society
Yours is much prettier than mine though.

You haven't beat me on triples or quads yet either. And A lot of maps are missing my name.

Interested in some 1v1 and team games? I miss our games back in 2012 when we battled all the time on Classic Evolved Real Time. They were the highlight of my Real Time career.

Upvote 0

marc369

Awesome Player
M.C. Play Testers
The Borg
Both are Great I have been working with yours Beanz and have noticed something that needs changing.

The calculations are wrong as you only need 200 wins in order to get a gold medal all your counts are set to 250, it is a real easy fix though, otherwise a greatpiece of kit which made me abandon mine and use yours.

Upvote 0

marc369

Awesome Player
M.C. Play Testers
The Borg
Has anybody else noticed that the Majcom counts seem to be wrong? I have 24 kills on certain maps and still have a Bronze medal? I also have 193 kills on Classic Massive but have a gold Medal!!

I currently have 148 udo's on Mars so it will be interesting to see if when I hit the 150 I get a gold.

Also I have not been given a medal for forgotton kingdom though I have 26 kills.

Upvote 0

BeanZ

Awesome Player
Cosa Nostra
M.C. Play Testers
The Borg
The Wiki Bar
M.C. Youtubers
You've got to remember that tournament games aren't included in the game finder for some odd reason marc, so there probably missing from your counts.

Also, I remember having it set to 200 then changing it for some reason... oops
Must've gotten my map medals mixed up with the team medals :dontknow:

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Sebrim

Awesome Player
Fixed Force Club
Knights of MC Realm
M.C. Play Testers
The Borg
The Wiki Bar
Has anybody else noticed that the Majcom counts seem to be wrong? I have 24 kills on certain maps and still have a Bronze medal? I also have 193 kills on Classic Massive but have a gold Medal!!

I currently have 148 udo's on Mars so it will be interesting to see if when I hit the 150 I get a gold.

Also I have not been given a medal for forgotton kingdom though I have 26 kills.

I think tournament games are missing from the 'find games'-list. That could be why you're off.

Upvote 0

Givati

Awesome Player

I believe I read a similar post from you a few days ago. I could be wrong, but I have a feeling that you think "kills" and "UDOs" are the same. You have 26 kills on Forgotten Kingdom, but are they against 26 different players? Are the Defeated Opponents "Unique"?

In order to get medals you need to play against lots of noobs. There is nothing wrong with that, on the contrary, it's good that veterans play noobs. Just keep in mind when you do acquire that lusted after medal, keep in mind that it won't necessarily mean that you're an expert on that map. It just means that you were very effective in beating lots of noobs on it.

Upvote 0

marc369

Awesome Player
M.C. Play Testers
The Borg
I might have been wrong the other day with the amount of kills, now I have a nice spreadsheet I know for a fact that I have the correct "Unique" kills required for my new badge.

Going over all my old games has been an eye opener, some of the old names and quality players that are no longer here but there is another thread for all that.

As for the killing noobs that is true to a certain extent but your forgetting the flip side of playing noobs or farming them.

Most noobs are found playing real time games which is bandit country... I wager that any high ranked player or so called expert on a map would soon come crashing down to earth if they played in that arena.

Having to deal with unpredictable players, who want to kill you just because you have a crown even if it means that they lose or team up just because you out rank them, not to mention double accounts and the players who do not turn up or leave as things are not going their way to mention just a few things you have to take into account.

I am fortunate to play with lots of established players here who have undoubted skill and great tactics and strategy's up their sleeves which creates great games, that said real time games against a couple of noobs I have never played and one player of half decent skill and a 3 min timer is sometimes a lot harder to win!

Upvote 0

Givati

Awesome Player
Reply to marc: You're making good valid points there. Playing noobs ain't easy as some may assume, and it does count for something. So let's keep counting em' till we reach the dream medals.

Upvote 0

Robinette

omigod, totally bitchen, furshur, furshur
Awesome Player
M.C. Play Testers
Thanks *cheeks getting purple as I'm blushing*. It's my favorite color as well.

LZ8N1Dq.jpg

Purple is the color of my military unit's dress uniform berets, and it's basically "the color of the unit". Anything from our towels to our underwear is purple :)

AO4MPrd.jpg

In my days, (the 90s) our slogan used to be "Purple does not wash off in water" because the unit used to be an amphibious assault unit, and we specialized in attacking from the sea.
ziJvSCg.jpg

AjVdV9V.jpg

So that's where the saying originated.

These days the seals do that, and my unit focuses on reconnaissance, and counter terror, but the saying stuck. It still means "Once you are purple, you'll always remain purple, it's a stain for life, and it doesn't wash off in water".

That is awesome... Our company color is Purple, and people around here say I bleed Purple, lol... that my veins pulse Purple, lol...

So why is there no IDF label on your uniform? Or is that just for the "semi-civilian" folks.

And out of respect for staying on-topic, how many IDF medals do you have, more than your 4 MajCom medals ???

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Givati

Awesome Player
That is awesome... Our company color is Purple, and people around here say I bleed Purple, lol... that my veins pulse Purple, lol...

So why is there no IDF label on your uniform? Or is that just for the "semi-civilian" folks.

That's very cool. We also have those exact sayings around the "purple blood" ... (there are so many sayings) and different nicknames ... The Hamas terrorists in Gaza call us "eggplants" ... "Go underground ... the eggplants are coming" ("bitinjan" in Arabic).

We have a modification to Nietzsche's "What doesn't kill you makes you stronger" ... "What doesn't kill you makes you stronger, what kills you makes mom stronger". And there are many more sayings that I can share if they interest you...

"IDF employed civilians" don't wear uniform. The "dress uniform" which you wear on the trip home, and back, don't have a label, the beret and the shoulder tag are "picture labels". Actually every little detail, and pin tells a story... which most people can't even interpret... (even the color of the background under the pin tells a story. For example only after you've been in a face to face confrontation with terrorists you can put red background under the pins.) Every little detail has a significance. The uniform you wear on the base, and the battlefield do come with an "I.D.F" label from the factory, but it's torn out by special forces, and actually any combat unit. For reasons of "field security" I can't really explain here in the public forum why we remove the labels, even though I am sure our enemies know, but I'll tell you in a private message, since I'm sure you're curious.

Upvote 0

Givati

Awesome Player
And out of respect for staying on-topic, how many IDF medals do you have, more than your 4 MajCom medals ???

It's not the number that matters, it's their significance.

I'll show you one of them, a historical one which is no longer issued, cause we no longer "rise from the sea" ... We used to call it "The Lacoste"

Givati_hahafa_marines.jpg

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Givati

Awesome Player

I almost forgot... Please give my regards to Marissa (Mayer)

Upvote 0

Robinette

omigod, totally bitchen, furshur, furshur
Awesome Player
M.C. Play Testers
I almost forgot... Please give my regards to Marissa (Mayer)

hahaha,,, good detective work, but not quite right...
yes, we both use the same airports, but Marrissa was employee #20 at her purple company,
while I was technically employee #4 at our purple company.

She has 55K employees and has been at the top for about 2 1/2 years...
While I have only 30 employees, but have been at the top of my little mole hill for over a decade...
Oh... and her net worth is about 100x greater, which makes me kind of invisible... lol...

I have only a few medals here, but even here I think it's what they are that count ;)

I have an IDF shirt in the closet, no medals, just brown with the IDF label.
Souviner from a trip with friends (there were 12 of us)...
Had a great time, met some wonderful people, saw wonderful historic sites,
and the last 4 days were in Paris (my favorite city, and such a contrast after 12 days there)

But how does this tie into medals?
Medals are like badges, and at our company We don't need no stinkin' badgggez

Upvote 0

Givati

Awesome Player
hahaha,,, good detective work, but not quite right...
yes, we both use the same airports, but Marrissa was employee #20 at her purple company,
while I was technically employee #4 at our purple company.

She has 55K employees and has been at the top for about 2 1/2 years...
While I have only 30 employees, but have been at the top of my little mole hill for over a decade...
Oh... and her net worth is about 100x greater, which makes me kind of invisible... lol...

Just for the sense of accuracy, (and so we won't get sued for slander) she was #20 in the rainbow company, not the purple one.

She only has 12k employees, Larry Page (whom she used to date) has 55k, so you're not as far behind as you initially thought...

In the purple one, she landed on the top of the pyramid.

louvre_pyramid_3_800.jpg

Last edited:
Upvote 0