• Points are back! Read about it HERE

current issues

1 - NEW PLAYERS - Players who created an account on or after Oct 15 2023 are not able to log into the forum
    2 - AWOL - We do not have an AWOL button under the ACTIVE tab yet. Please check each game to see if you are AWOL.
    3 - STUCK GAMES - Some games will not load properly. If you encounter this, please post stuck games HERE

Thanks.

• Welcome to Major Command's RISK Game forum.

If you are a registered player, please log in:

If you are new to Major Command and would like to
    play our RISK game online. Then please sign up here:

[MAP] Viking Expansion

Lulzim

Awesome Player
M.C. Play Testers
Discussing game-play. There are 43 regions and 8 commands, i would preffer bigger map and some special features like: Build-a-Bonus, Double Dipping, Inner Commands. https://www.majorcommand.com/wiki/Mapspecialfeatures
Some regions names can be better. Pls share all your ideas.

jZlyCMg.jpg

NewSheriffInTown

Make My Day...
CentCom
Awesome Player
M.C. Play Testers
The Wiki Bar
M.C. Youtubers
Map has been moved from AADOMM to this public forum so people can express their thoughts. Lulzim, if you remember, brought Barbarossa to life!!

riskyone

Awesome Player
Whiner & CryBaby
Fixed Force Club
Enemies of Diplomacy
Generals
Knights of MC Realm
M.C. Play Testers
Old Soldiers Club
The Borg
Kickstarter

Cardinalsrule

Administrator
Staff member
CentCom
Awesome Player
Whiner & CryBaby
Fixed Force Club
AADOMM
Assassins Guild
Enemies of Diplomacy
Generals
Knights of MC Realm
M.C. Clan Council
M.C. Play Testers
The Borg
The Embassy
T.O's.
Kickstarter
I really like this map! Excellent job, Lulzim!

I have to say, though, that if we have any Welchmen or Englishmen from Cornwall, they would be HIGHLY offended that you included Cornwall with Wales. LOL.

Maybe connect boat 793 to Tellemark?

Show us what you have in mind for the 'special conditions'!

micky

Awesome Player
Fixed Force Club
Enemies of Diplomacy
M.C. Play Testers
The Canadian Club
T.O's.
Young Guns
I like the look of it! Has a huge potential I find. Congrats on the work Lulzim.

Boat 793 has to go via 792 (and vice versa) to get to land? If so - they will never be taken.
Why not have a harbour on the mainland in the south?

d-flat

Awesome Player
Enemies of Diplomacy
Young Guns
if we have any Welchmen or Englishmen from Cornwall, they would be HIGHLY offended that you included Cornwall with

You'd think so, but as Britain was invaded by various different peoples over the years - inevitably from the East - the indigenous tribes were pushed West, and as such I think the Cornish would quite like to be recognised as a separate Celtic region - even if combined with Wales. The native Cornish language (barely spoken now) is reasonably similar to Welsh in fact.

Lulzim

Awesome Player
M.C. Play Testers
I updated the game-play and graphic so let me know what you think. Im not expert in history so there maybe is any incorrect border or region name, if you find one then let me know (keep in mind this is just a gaming map). I divided commands based on historical maps but share any idea that makes better game-play.

What do you think bonuses should be? How would you write the text that describe Town and Camp +1 or should i include Slavic tribes in that area?

TxnoC6Q.png

Last edited:

Cardinalsrule

Administrator
Staff member
CentCom
Awesome Player
Whiner & CryBaby
Fixed Force Club
AADOMM
Assassins Guild
Enemies of Diplomacy
Generals
Knights of MC Realm
M.C. Clan Council
M.C. Play Testers
The Borg
The Embassy
T.O's.
Kickstarter
Nice map. I'm thinking +2 for the 4-tert commands, +3 for the 5's. Since Finland and France are only 3 terts, maybe +1.
What do you think of making a +1 for holding all 3 ships?

micky

Awesome Player
Fixed Force Club
Enemies of Diplomacy
M.C. Play Testers
The Canadian Club
T.O's.
Young Guns
Looks great.

I don't quite see the point in having camps that don't belong to a town (I understand there's a +1 bonus point only if one holds camp and town of the same colour). I am talking about Tavastia & Wessex .
Jutland (town) has two affiliated camps (Perthshire & Normandy)? If so, = +2 if all 3 are held? Or is the colour of Perthshire supposed to be different (in which case it is too similar right now).

Lulzim

Awesome Player
M.C. Play Testers
Im happy that you asked this. I would like to have some help to describe in easiest way how this works so new players would not be confused.

NO, Jutland has two affiliated camps, Normandy and Wessex. If you hold Jutland (RED town) then you need to hold one RED camp to get a bonus +1, if you hold Jutland and two red camps then you get bonus +2.

Tavastia camp is yellow. If you hold Naerriki (yellow town) and tavastia then you get bonus +1. So we dont have a camp that dont belong to any town.

Glad that you like the look of map :). I do like the game-play, hopefully we can get green light from newsheriffintown so we can play it soon.

Ndrm31 said: since in vikins theme there shouldnt be bombardements, maybe the can be some angy nordic gods to do it ;)

I really like his idea but im afraid that map will not be easy to navigate and it will be confusing.

ndrm31

Awesome Player
Cosa Nostra
Fixed Force Club
Assassins Guild
Enemies of Diplomacy
Knights of MC Realm
M.C. Play Testers
The Borg
League of Gentlepeople
T.O's.
I would like autodecay zones as in Africa , or kill to neutral as in sea of japan

micky

Awesome Player
Fixed Force Club
Enemies of Diplomacy
M.C. Play Testers
The Canadian Club
T.O's.
Young Guns
NO, Jutland has two affiliated camps, Normandy and Wessex. If you hold Jutland (RED town) then you need to hold one RED camp to get a bonus +1, if you hold Jutland and two red camps then you get bonus +2.
Tavastia camp is yellow. If you hold Naerriki (yellow town) and tavastia then you get bonus +1. So we dont have a camp that dont belong to any town.
In this case maybe you can change the colours because neither Normandy nor Wessex' colour corresponds to their camp (on my PC)

Last edited:

NewSheriffInTown

Make My Day...
CentCom
Awesome Player
M.C. Play Testers
The Wiki Bar
M.C. Youtubers
Glad that you like the look of map :). I do like the game-play, hopefully we can get green light from newsheriffintown so we can play it soon.

Hey Lulzim! That is a great looking map! I think it would make a beautiful addition to our map collection! :top:

Take your time to work out gameplay and bonuses. We will have to do lots of testing. Make this interesting. No rush to finish. But this definitely looks like a map that we will launch when the bugs have been thoroughly worked out.

Keep up the great work!

NewSheriffInTown

Make My Day...
CentCom
Awesome Player
M.C. Play Testers
The Wiki Bar
M.C. Youtubers
Discussing game-play. There are 43 regions and 8 commands, i would prefer bigger map and some special features like: Build-a-Bonus, Double Dipping, Inner Commands. https://www.majorcommand.com/wiki/Mapspecialfeatures
Some regions names can be better. Pls share all your ideas.

So now I count 51 regions, correct? That is good because on 24 player games, at least everyone gets 2 regions. :)

Maybe one-way attack from the boats, or auto-deploy on the town or camp might be interesting?

Or like ndrm31 said, auto-decay for the boats might work too?

These are all some things for people to think about.

Last edited:

NewSheriffInTown

Make My Day...
CentCom
Awesome Player
M.C. Play Testers
The Wiki Bar
M.C. Youtubers
Or we could do something like:

You need to hold the corresponding town with the boat, or the boat will auto-decay -1.

So if you have Jutland and B35, then the troops on B35 stay the same.
But if you only have B35 and not Jutland, then B35 will decay -1 next round.

Same with Vestfold and B02, and Naerriki and B65.

Just a thought....

ndrm31

Awesome Player
Cosa Nostra
Fixed Force Club
Assassins Guild
Enemies of Diplomacy
Knights of MC Realm
M.C. Play Testers
The Borg
League of Gentlepeople
T.O's.
Or we could do something like:

You need to hold the corresponding town with the boat, or the boat will auto-decay -1.

So if you have Jutland and B35, then the troops on B35 stay the same.
But if you only have B35 and not Jutland, then B35 will decay -1 next round.

Same with Vestfold and B02, and Naerriki and B65.

Just a thought....

Awesome

Lulzim

Awesome Player
M.C. Play Testers
Yes its 51 regions + 3 ships = 54. Ships can start neutral if you like to have 51 regions.
Your suggestion is so perfect, it will work great in this map : You need to hold the corresponding town with the boat, or the boat will auto-decay -1.

Names for the ships are 802, 835 and 865 based on the year that Vikings traveled (according to some maps)

ndrm31

Awesome Player
Cosa Nostra
Fixed Force Club
Assassins Guild
Enemies of Diplomacy
Knights of MC Realm
M.C. Play Testers
The Borg
League of Gentlepeople
T.O's.
Yes

Names for the ships are 802, 835 and 865 based on the year that Vikings traveled (according to some maps)

nice may it be a test stage in Beta? to see impressions and or things to modificate?