• Welcome to Major Command's RISK Game forum.

If you are a registered player, please log in:

If you are new to Major Command and would like to
    play our RISK game online. Then please sign up here:

Kickstarter Question

periwinkle

Awesome Player
Whiner & CryBaby
Fixed Force Club
Enemies of Diplomacy
Generals
Knights of MC Realm
The Borg
The Canadian Club
The Embassy
T.O's.
Hello MajCom! We are almost ready to launch a Kickstarter campaign. Our project has been approved BUT we need your suggestions for the reward levels/incentives....so....

What do you think some good rewards/incentives are?

We would love to offer free membership BUT currently everyone is playing for free at the moment so we can't offer that. Once Marcos codes that in, then MajCom will be charging for membership....when will that happen? Well...there's about a gazillion things that we need to code before that...kinda like the chicken and the egg thing....but I digress.

So, what do you want? This is what we have so far...

Bronze: recognition on our donor page & a donor service award

Silver: recognition, service award plus entry into a donor's tourney

Gold: recognition, service award, tourney and ???

yup....we need suggestions...

Keep on mind...we are hoping to have non-MajCom people donating since we are bringing this to a public space....what would they want?

All suggestions are appreciated! :D

Last edited:

spirop

Awesome Player
Generals
M.C. Play Testers
Old Soldiers Club
So I would love the tee shirt with Majcom South America map on the back and a tasteful MajorCommand
at the left front pocket-space.
At a more practical level, perhaps Thone's avatar can be modified to add a caption giving our thanks and
an invitation to visit us.

periwinkle

Awesome Player
Whiner & CryBaby
Fixed Force Club
Enemies of Diplomacy
Generals
Knights of MC Realm
The Borg
The Canadian Club
The Embassy
T.O's.
So I would love the tee shirt with Majcom South America map on the back and a tasteful MajorCommand
at the left front pocket-space.
At a more practical level, perhaps Thone's avatar can be modified to add a caption giving our thanks and
an invitation to visit us.
Love that too...but the only problem is I have zero budget to work with. So unless someone can print out T-shirts and send them out of their pocket (their own personal donation) then that would work. Any other ideas that doesn't cost money?

The only thing I could donate is my time. Would people be interested in a 1 on 1 coaching session on a particular map like nukes? I could offer my services that way? I just need to know is that a good idea or a terrible idea.

Wisescarab

Awesome Player
M.C. Play Testers
Looking forward to this, I will definitely support.

Hmm. T-shirt wise, once you get a graphic drummed up for it...I am sure we could work something out for the start-up investment? I would donate a bit to help that.

Biliam82

Awesome Player
Fixed Force Club
Enemies of Diplomacy
Give donors the option of a custom color rank other than the standard gold sliver bronze (blue for example).

Allow the donors to have player images be the game markers.

Give donors access to more stats. Stats are fun and help people connect to the game.
- would love to see a luck rating showing how friendly the dice have been in the last day, week, month, etc
- view other player's % missed turns so that you know who you are teaming with
- view own and other players winning % per map
- view own and other players most common teammates

To make this worthwhile, we really need to get the names hyperlinked like they used to be. It is really hard to look someone up anymore. I think this is very important to keep people interested and maintain a community.

To be fair all of the above should end up in the gold membership at some point, but give it to the donors first maybe as a beta test.

Stuff is problematic. Lots of random stuff (promotional items, etc) is available at low cost. The packaging and shipping is the real barrier here though. Once this is factored, it is hard to add value especially for international members.

periwinkle

Awesome Player
Whiner & CryBaby
Fixed Force Club
Enemies of Diplomacy
Generals
Knights of MC Realm
The Borg
The Canadian Club
The Embassy
T.O's.
Thanks for all your suggestions MajCom :D

Keep them coming if you have more ideas.

The kickstarter will commence after August since we are approaching the quiet time on the site. So enjoy the re-opening for some of you!

PITMAN212

Awesome Player
Fixed Force Club
Knights of MC Realm
M.C. Play Testers
The Duellers Society
i like the onyx badge for top donor , and to de able tom test the new maps , special tourney for top five maybe? anyway, i will just be happy to be a part of making this the best site on the net !!