• Welcome to Major Command's RISK Game forum.

If you are a registered player, please log in:

If you are new to Major Command and would like to
    play our RISK game online. Then please sign up here:

Kickstarter Question

periwinkle

Awesome Player
Whiner & CryBaby
Fixed Force Club
Enemies of Diplomacy
Generals
Knights of MC Realm
The Borg
The Canadian Club
The Embassy
T.O's.
Yes I agree...too many tiers....perhaps just stick to honorable mention, bronze, silver, gold and onxy tiers?

Like honourable mention around 10
Bronze 25
Silver 50
Gold 80
onxy 150?

And an add-on would be for personal coaching that I am offering?

spirop

Awesome Player
Generals
M.C. Play Testers
Old Soldiers Club
Hello friends,
Don't mean to be a nervous nelly, but what happens to the donations if we don't meet the goal?

NewSheriffInTown

Make My Day...
CentCom
Awesome Player
M.C. Play Testers
The Wiki Bar
M.C. Youtubers
I'm not a money guy so much, so take my input with that little grain of salt. I do think though based on my work with non-profits that you may have too many tiers. Too many choices leads to decision paralysis. (Kickstarter says that most campaigns are between 3 and 10 tiers -- I'd still say 10 is too many, but that's me...) I'd also axe the $1 one for sure and maybe other low ones -- those aren't worth administering and aren't going to get you over the hump. Maybe start at $20?

I love the "Get Your Name on a Map" idea! Is that like a name on a territory? Or is it more like "12 Domains Sponsored by Matilda the Hun"? That should be clarified. (Either way, a cool prize!) Or maybe you could have both -- a territory for one price, a whole map for another.

An exclusive Service Award medal would be cool too for the higher tiers. (Maybe that's what the "Service Award" column is? Not sure...) I know that would take coding, but this is an all-or-nothing fundraiser as you say. Presumably, you'd have the money to add that in.

I like the tournament idea too. Maybe you could set aside some of the money for a special, real-life medal to play for, like they did with the old Atari tournaments in the day. Wouldn't have to be anything fancy-fancy, just something different.

Anyway, my two cents.

-MTH

Great ideas!

I will make some changes....

Meanwhile, maybe looking at the actual Kickstarter page might answer some concerns.

This is a SPECIAL PREVIEW link. This shows a DRAFT of the page we're working on. I believe you can leave some comments once you look it over....

NewSheriffInTown

Make My Day...
CentCom
Awesome Player
M.C. Play Testers
The Wiki Bar
M.C. Youtubers
Yes I agree...too many tiers....perhaps just stick to honorable mention, bronze, silver, gold and onxy tiers?

Like honourable mention around 10
Bronze 25
Silver 50
Gold 80
onxy 150?

And an add-on would be for personal coaching that I am offering?

Yeah, I wasn't sure where to put the coaching. If it were to be an add-on, then we'd have to put a price on something that is priceless! :)

But yeah, I was either going to offer it as an addon for a price (limited quantity) - Or include it in some of the higher tiers (also limited quantity)

Like for example:

$100 - Onyx Rewards
$100 - Onyx Rewards + Personal Coach (limited to the first 3 donors only)

NewSheriffInTown

Make My Day...
CentCom
Awesome Player
M.C. Play Testers
The Wiki Bar
M.C. Youtubers
Hello friends,
Don't mean to be a nervous nelly, but what happens to the donations if we don't meet the goal?

It's all-or-nothing. That's why we're only asking for $5,000, and not asking for the $20,000, (which we really really want!)

NewSheriffInTown

Make My Day...
CentCom
Awesome Player
M.C. Play Testers
The Wiki Bar
M.C. Youtubers
I searched through a bunch of successfully funded kickstarter campaigns for games, and most, if not all, had around 10 tiers to choose from. So I don't think too much choice is an issue. I guess it's because there is a reward involved, not just a straight up donation. So I took some time to make sure that each higher tier offered something more than the previous one.

What about this?

REWARDS

USDAll Access
Membership
(in years)
Name on
Donation
Page
Introductory
Video
Service
Award
Be a
Play Tester
Exclusive
"Generals"
1000 Point
Tournament
Personal
Trainer
201YESYESBronze
251.5YESYESBronze
302YESYESSilver
504YESYESSilverYES
706YESYESGoldYES
1008YESYESGoldYESYES
12010YESYESOnyxYESYES
12010YESYESOnyxYESYES(limited to 3)
200LifetimeYESYESOnyxYESYES

ADD-ONS

1001 Point "ADD-ON" Tournament
(Different than "Generals" Tournament)
Personal Trainer
(Valid for 2 games)
Get to Name a Territory
on a Future Map
Get to Name a Territory
on a Current Map
(12 Domains or Forgotten Kingdom)
(limited to 6)(limited to 10)(limited to 1)

Remember to check out the preview link : https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/majorcommand/763575778?ref=9ixdqe&token=6f71bae1