• Points are back! Read about it HERE

current issues

1 - NEW PLAYERS - Players who created an account on or after Oct 15 2023 are not able to log into the forum
    2 - AWOL - We do not have an AWOL button under the ACTIVE tab yet. Please check each game to see if you are AWOL.
    3 - STUCK GAMES - Some games will not load properly. If you encounter this, please post stuck games HERE

Thanks.

• Welcome to Major Command's RISK Game forum.

If you are a registered player, please log in:

If you are new to Major Command and would like to
    play our RISK game online. Then please sign up here:

I'm angry because :

Cardinalsrule

Administrator
Staff member
CentCom
Awesome Player
Whiner & CryBaby
Fixed Force Club
AADOMM
Assassins Guild
Enemies of Diplomacy
Generals
Knights of MC Realm
M.C. Clan Council
M.C. Play Testers
The Borg
The Embassy
T.O's.
Kickstarter
(I would call the TO out on this by name except I've done the same kind of thing a time or two.)

LOL! That wouldn't be the TO whose tourneys I never even look at because they're always (gag) escalite, would it ?

Bluebonnet

Awesome Player
Enemies of Diplomacy
Knights of MC Realm
The Duellers Society
My first 2 levels of management got removed and are working from home. Unknown if they will return.

Politicians and politics can kiss my hiney!

calume

Awesome Player
Generals
M.C. Play Testers
Old Soldiers Club
The Canadian Club
League of Gentlepeople
T.O's.
LOL! That wouldn't be the TO whose tourneys I never even look at because they're always (gag) escalite, would it ?

My first 30 tourneys were indeed a lot escalite but my last 65 are pretty well balance, when is the last time you check?

Cardinalsrule

Administrator
Staff member
CentCom
Awesome Player
Whiner & CryBaby
Fixed Force Club
AADOMM
Assassins Guild
Enemies of Diplomacy
Generals
Knights of MC Realm
M.C. Clan Council
M.C. Play Testers
The Borg
The Embassy
T.O's.
Kickstarter
My first 30 tourneys were indeed a lot escalite but my last 65 are pretty well balance, when is the last time you check?

I haven't checked in a while, like I said, I never look at them because they were always escalite, which is a HORRIBLE setting under the best of circumstances, IMO. Escalite is a formula for stalemate, and I hate long, marathon stalemated games.

If you've started changing it up, I'll start looking at them again. Thanks for letting me know. :)
Your tourneys do always have interesting themes and banners, so kudos for that.

calume

Awesome Player
Generals
M.C. Play Testers
Old Soldiers Club
The Canadian Club
League of Gentlepeople
T.O's.
I haven't checked in a while, like I said, I never look at them because they were always escalite, which is a HORRIBLE setting under the best of circumstances, IMO. Escalite is a formula for stalemate, and I hate long, marathon stalemated games.

If you've started changing it up, I'll start looking at them again. Thanks for letting me know. :)
Your tourneys do always have interesting themes and banners, so kudos for that.

Well thanks, I know escalite could gets sometimes endless and gets players to settle for a side games, escalate could get frustrating when you can never get a much needed set with a 4th card and the winner is the one who has a set with when getting his 3rd card. just lost 3 games in which I had the lead because of lack of luck with the cards.

Bluebonnet

Awesome Player
Enemies of Diplomacy
Knights of MC Realm
The Duellers Society
So I melt lead for fun. Make bullets and such.

Someone gave me a boat anchor several years ago weighing in at 35lb of lead. Since it could conatin other elements I was saving it for some project. Decided to make lead hammers today.

So I melt it down and it had a high concentration of zinc. Zinc turns nice smooth liquid molten lead into oatmeal and horrible for casting. Crap. Tossed the hole thing.

Iv'e been tripping over the damn thing for years for no reason. argh. Atleast it is gone now.

Bluebonnet

Awesome Player
Enemies of Diplomacy
Knights of MC Realm
The Duellers Society
So, preparing an application for a job today. I have been on rotation in it for almost a year and will probably get it. But quite stressed cause i hate doing applications. I get a bit OCD and they have to be perfect. And the alternative of going back to where i came from is horrendous. Has a 100% turnover in 2 years, 4 union complaints against the manger and the unit only consists of 11 people. I would rather go live in my mom's backyard in a trailer than have to go back to that HELL. The manager is a lying, self-righteous bully that makes ladies cry and men depressed.

So I answer a call on the home phone. Some idiot figured out how to spam every house in a 5 mile radius of where they lost their cat. So I am hearing a voice recording of a tearful lady describing fluffy and where they lost her. I almost called the number to yell and relieve some stress, but I couldn't get myself to do it.

I hate the digital age. Whatever happened to putting up fliers on street posts and at the market?

And no, I am not crawling underneath my house to look for fluffy.

Geoffrey

Awesome Player
Generals
Isn't that illegal, if she's autodialing that is. Try reporting it and see how that relieves your anger ;p

Bluebonnet

Awesome Player
Enemies of Diplomacy
Knights of MC Realm
The Duellers Society
Isn't that illegal, if she's autodialing that is. Try reporting it and see how that relieves your anger ;p

Maybe in your area it is illegal. In the great ol USA you can annoy the heck out of anyone with autodialing.

th-child

Administrator
CentCom
Awesome Player
Whiner & CryBaby
Fixed Force Club
Generals
M.C. Play Testers
The Borg
The Duellers Society
T.O's.
And.... did you get the job?

Geoffrey

Awesome Player
Generals
I've never even really heard of auto dialling, I just remember Police chief wiggum going to the simpsons house and doing something :p You'd think it would be illegal though, sounds like a pain in the arse.

Bluebonnet

Awesome Player
Enemies of Diplomacy
Knights of MC Realm
The Duellers Society
And.... did you get the job?

My application is being reviewed now to see if i met the minimum qualifications. the hiring manager is in a 5 day contract negotiation next week. so i assume interviews will the week after.

and geoffrey, there are programs individuals can use to auto dial. they are called wardialers if i remember right. i was going to set one up onetime and atatck a place that called my house and tried to convince my wife to give them money. I ran out of skill and enthusiasm before i got it set up.

Cardinalsrule

Administrator
Staff member
CentCom
Awesome Player
Whiner & CryBaby
Fixed Force Club
AADOMM
Assassins Guild
Enemies of Diplomacy
Generals
Knights of MC Realm
M.C. Clan Council
M.C. Play Testers
The Borg
The Embassy
T.O's.
Kickstarter
I just clicked "move 1" instead of "all" and lost a 24-player sixers game for my team that I should have easily won. GRRRRR!

Bluebonnet

Awesome Player
Enemies of Diplomacy
Knights of MC Realm
The Duellers Society
I just clicked "move 1" instead of "all" and lost a 24-player sixers game for my team that I should have easily won. GRRRRR!

i am angry cause i am on your team...NOT. forget about it. a rainy monday and sitting in on a 100 million dollar contract negotiation makes this a minor bump in the road.

i know you have won a lot more for me with your awesome skills and this doesnt matter. only irritating for you.

BadElmer

Awesome Player
Assassins Guild
Knights of MC Realm
M.C. Play Testers
The Borg
The Duellers Society
T.O's.
I'm angry (and frankly disappointed) that Geoffrey and marc369 decided to break a treaty to win a tourney game http://www.majorcommand.com/Games/Game.php?gameid=243686.

That was one weak ass move. I just lost respect for what I thought were two good players. Some of us would rather lose a game than break a treaty. Some will apparently take the easy way out. That is NOT strategy nor impressive.

It feels a little petty to call you guys out on this but I feel that open shaming is my only recourse. Also others should know whose word is good and whose isn't.

Last edited:

BadElmer

Awesome Player
Assassins Guild
Knights of MC Realm
M.C. Play Testers
The Borg
The Duellers Society
T.O's.
I'm happy to see that all of you could continue to have a civil discussion about it in game.

Let's all move on from here.

agreed and agreed

It's exactly that civility that makes the moving easy.

Geoffrey

Awesome Player
Generals
:( I've never done anything like this before and always stick to my word, though I completely deserve any backlash from this.

ndrm31

Awesome Player
Cosa Nostra
Fixed Force Club
Assassins Guild
Enemies of Diplomacy
Knights of MC Realm
M.C. Play Testers
The Borg
League of Gentlepeople
T.O's.
Im angry beacause the 0 troop bug, couldnt advance my 66 stack to take a player out and remain with a good chance to win a game, even worst being that the 1st reagion, I didnt reicive a card