• Points are back! Read about it HERE

current issues

1 - NEW PLAYERS - Players who created an account on or after Oct 15 2023 are not able to log into the forum
    2 - AWOL - We do not have an AWOL button under the ACTIVE tab yet. Please check each game to see if you are AWOL.
    3 - STUCK GAMES - Some games will not load properly. If you encounter this, please post stuck games HERE

Thanks.

• Welcome to Major Command's RISK Game forum.

If you are a registered player, please log in:

If you are new to Major Command and would like to
    play our RISK game online. Then please sign up here:

I'm angry because :

comissha

Awesome Player
I'm angry because it seems the last two days, I lose attacking a 2 or 3 toon property, while I have 10+ toons attacking...while my opponents are constantly beating me 3 vs 3....I have offended the dice Gods somehow in a BIG WAY!

Cagey

Awesome Player
AADOMM
Generals
Because it takes so bloody long for a promotion to be ratified. 44 hours and counting this time, and that doesn't seem that unusual. Often you'll earn enough points for a promotion but by the time the system gets around to acknowledging it you'll have lost enough points to wipe it out. Why does it take so long? Why not instant. if you can do demotions instantly why not promotions the same? Wouldn't it be better, not just for old hands like me but for noobs to have their acheivments rewarded quickly? Eh?

champig

Awesome Player
The Borg
cagey, for some reason, login out and login in again fixes this issue

champig

Awesome Player
The Borg
i'm pissed right now because i'm playing the final of a tourney i struggled to reach.

and i know since round 1 it's a lost game ! why ? because it's a goddam 1 v 1 !

why does that setting even exist ? we all know the 1st player has a ridiculous advantage only tremendous luck for the 2d player can balance !

i haven't made statistics, but as far as i'm concerned i'm under the impression that i've won 90% of the 1v1 where i was 1st to play and lost 90% of those where i was 2d.

How come after struggling to get passt 2 rounds of tourney the only way that was found was basically to flip a coin to determine the winner ?

yeah i'm angry ...

hopefully it's a 70 , 30 split this way i'll still win 100 points, i guess the exact amount i'll lose for losing that "game"

edit : talked too fast, won an amazing 29 points overall :adore:

Last edited:

Bluebonnet

Awesome Player
Enemies of Diplomacy
Knights of MC Realm
The Duellers Society
Champig, obviousy you are a better payer. But I love 1v1 so i did a quick search on your statement.

You have 13 archived 1v1 games. You started first in 3 (that is bad luck) and won 1 for a win % of 33%. You started second in 10 games and won 4 of those.

While a very small sample size, it would indicate you perform better starting 2nd in 1v1. :)

champig

Awesome Player
The Borg
damn you gtivan, now i'm double pissed, because i lost a game i couldn't possibly win and because you've exposed me as a fraud when it comes to statistics :banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead:

masterjskye

Level ∞: Shadow Master
CentCom
Awesome Player
Generals
League of Shadows
M.C. Play Testers
The Embassy
T.O's.
I don't really like it when a tourney comes down to a 1v1 either. I usually make it a 50/50 split if I need to add that 1v1 on to make the tourney work.

BeanZ

Awesome Player
Cosa Nostra
M.C. Play Testers
The Borg
The Wiki Bar
M.C. Youtubers
Soooooo....

My losing streak in RT continues, 3 hours into a 1v1 game I'm about to lose, in round 16 and all of the 5 times that my opponent has turned in for a set, I have had to wait two turns for mine... o wait, the fifth time I have to wait three turns :/

Normally those sort of games are over after the first occurrence, not the fifth, it's almost like majcom is mocking me for being up at 3am playing games :(

NewSheriffInTown

Make My Day...
CentCom
Awesome Player
M.C. Play Testers
The Wiki Bar
M.C. Youtubers
I'm pissed because gtivan was 8 vs 1 ready to eliminate airwick in our team game, but didn't do so, now after they reinforced airwick, BeanZ missed his turn, which was a gift from god, but now asks us all to miss our turns! - No justice.

Last edited:

Bluebonnet

Awesome Player
Enemies of Diplomacy
Knights of MC Realm
The Duellers Society
Hey, you said you forgave me for that idiotic move. lol

dudeiamgood

Awesome Player
M.C. Play Testers
I'm angry because all those people on the site who have money to spend for ranks apparently don't have money for that rewards donation thing. I'm looking at you, commanders. Most of you paid $20 for that, and now you don't have $10 for the chance at even bigger rewards? For shame.

And that's not even including the fact that by donating, you definitely support the site. All the new content has come from money donated because of the rewards scoreboard. So if you like playing Risk on Majorcommand, take the time to give back to the site. It isn't that hard.

Geoffrey

Awesome Player
Generals
Because Jeff spells his name wrong.

And Dude, not everyone has to donate-if MC was super desperate I wouldn't opt out of an ad or two on every page that isn't real time.

Sebrim

Awesome Player
Fixed Force Club
Knights of MC Realm
M.C. Play Testers
The Borg
The Wiki Bar
Because Jeff still hasn't got an avatar.....

Chilly

Administrator
CentCom
Awesome Player
Whiner & CryBaby
M.C. Play Testers
...a couple weeks back I hit my all-time high score: 3449

One measly point away from getting my Colonel badge.

Also angry because I didn't think to take a screenshot to document my angryfulness.

Geoffrey

Awesome Player
Generals
I play lots of games, and did struggle at one point march last year, went down to 1365! Luckily I got back on game and remain a stable 2000+ points, though I imagine that will fall since I have stopped joining new games and the ones ending now are just stalemates and old games.

Chilly

Administrator
CentCom
Awesome Player
Whiner & CryBaby
M.C. Play Testers
REDACTED:

...a couple weeks back i hit my all-time high score: 3449

one measly point away from getting my colonel badge.

Also angry because i didn't think to take a screenshot to document my angryfulness.

GetMedalImage.php

BadElmer

Awesome Player
Assassins Guild
Knights of MC Realm
M.C. Play Testers
The Borg
The Duellers Society
T.O's.
I'm not really angry, BUT...

I just got 2nd place in the Russian Roulette tourney and earned a whopping 4 pts while 3rd placers (who didn't win one game) got 10. (I would call the TO out on this by name except I've done the same kind of thing a time or two.)

Chilly

Administrator
CentCom
Awesome Player
Whiner & CryBaby
M.C. Play Testers
Well, at least you won points from those freeloaders by moving into the second round.

But yeah, I know what you're talking about.

calume

Awesome Player
Generals
M.C. Play Testers
Old Soldiers Club
The Canadian Club
League of Gentlepeople
T.O's.
Well the idea was to decide between killing yourself to get your buy in back or go the next round for the win, hey after all it is russian roulette. Actually I made the 1st Russian Roulette tourney and someone else made a russian roulette #2, it was indeed a funny way to split the pot but both tourneys got signed in pretty fast and did not last long, as far as I am concern it went pretty well, was fun and I might get another one going.
So you got 4 points + whatever points for killing whoever to get to the next round, minus your buy in, you probably made at least 20 points, not bad the ones who made 10 points lost the first game and were minus (let's say 30 points) so you still did bettter than them