• Points are back! Read about it HERE

current issues

1 - NEW PLAYERS - Players who created an account on or after Oct 15 2023 are not able to log into the forum
    2 - AWOL - We do not have an AWOL button under the ACTIVE tab yet. Please check each game to see if you are AWOL.
    3 - STUCK GAMES - Some games will not load properly. If you encounter this, please post stuck games HERE

Thanks.

• Welcome to Major Command's RISK Game forum.

If you are a registered player, please log in:

If you are new to Major Command and would like to
    play our RISK game online. Then please sign up here:

If you cannot play games (usually getting stuck on 1 or 2 stars)

Evan

Jr. Programmer I
O.G.
Awesome Player
M.C. Play Testers
DISCLAIMER:
The following change is for people who ALWAYS get the two-star-stuck-on-debriefing bug. If you only get it every now and then, I highly discourage you from using the following work-around. The following work-around is not official and won't be supported with the same priority. This workaround is generally intended for people behind proxies, firewalls, or other traffic filtering/blocking mechanisms. Other people can use it if needed, but it was designed for this audience. Note that using the following work-around will degrade your experience as there will be up to 11 seconds delay between moves and your screen being updated. Also please note that I haven't tested this a lot, and am putting it out there for the sake of letting people play who are currently not able to at all.

Workaround:
-Go to your "settings" (link on the top-right of every screen, in your dog-tags)
-On the top-right section of your settings page, there is a section that is also called "Settings"
-In the "Settings" panel is a dropdown for GameAPI. It should be set to "Server Push". Change it to "Polled Pull".
-Try your game again

Please report back if this fixes your problem. If you report any bugs while in the mode in the future, it is very important that you designate the bug as occurring while in this mode.

EDIT: Also note that this setting is stored on a per computer basis (using cookies). So if your work/school computer has trouble connecting, you can use this mode there only and use the better, regular, mode at home.

Thanks,
Evan

Last edited:

halfslam

Awesome Player
The Borg
WTF! Today I was about to win a game. This POS site froze up on me for 30-45 minutes. I could do nothing. I tried refresh still nothing. My opponent had problems but needless to say with me froze out that long he won. Complete BS. I lost a game I was about to win. Why?

Upvote 0

Eunoia

Awesome Player
M.C. Play Testers
I have had it happen multiple times halfslam, especially on real-time games. The site has had a huge influx of new players, and there has obviously been some down time lately for maintenance. I'm sure they are doing what they can.

Upvote 0

Smash

Awesome Player
i just joined for one it seems as i cannot make moves from my i pad ?? i also play on CC and have over 5000 games there i can play on my i pad. also i started two real time games and i click begin turn and nothing every turn. i went to my sisters and got on her laptop and finally after a few trys was able to make a move. seems like the site runs very slow if you aske me, and why could i not deploy troops. You can send me a message of what is going on, or i can get going on. Thanks

i did also try from my desktop with a cat5 cable attached but i usally play wireless.

Upvote 0

halfslam

Awesome Player
The Borg
Is it to much to ask that the problems on this site be fixed. You are going to go out of business. The issues never stop. I'm frozen out of 2 games ,087828 and 080251, been on 2 stars forever. The fixes don't work.

Upvote 0

Pando

Awesome Player
I had this problem in chromium, i changed it to mozilla firefox and it works perfect

Upvote 0

pahtoz

Awesome Player
Getting the same issues here all of a sudden with both IE and mozilla. Certain games are stuck on 2 stars. Certain games load fine

Upvote 0

GloboGym

Awesome Player
So what's the fix if the game constantly says "Processing..." after hitting the button to start?

(Edited for accuracy)

Last edited:
Upvote 0

PITMAN212

Awesome Player
Fixed Force Club
Knights of MC Realm
M.C. Play Testers
The Duellers Society
I don't care what anyone says <<< even with the bugs and the down time ,, when this thing is running its the best ! the friends ive made while playing here are totally awesome ... thank you for all your hard work guys

Upvote 0

PackerHawkeye

Awesome Player
M.C. Play Testers
The Borg
The Duellers Society
No, no, no. This website sucks. I'm pretty sure they kill puppies and kittens here, too.

Upvote 0

PITMAN212

Awesome Player
Fixed Force Club
Knights of MC Realm
M.C. Play Testers
The Duellers Society
and sacrifice babies : ^ )

Upvote 0

ajdedo

I Shot the Sheriff
Awesome Player
Whiner & CryBaby
Fixed Force Club
Generals
M.C. Clan Council
M.C. Play Testers
The Wiki Bar
T.O's.
i hate babies....

Upvote 0

gofer

Awesome Player
I am attempting to take my turn on game 175198 but it fails to load. Also, a quick game that I attempted to play yesterday did not start due to an error. It then started at about 6am this morning and I lost without a chance to play. This website is very frustrating.

Upvote 0

iLoveBadDiceBANNED

Awesome Player
I am attempting to take my turn on game 175198 but it fails to load. Also, a quick game that I attempted to play yesterday did not start due to an error. It then started at about 6am this morning and I lost without a chance to play. This website is very frustrating.

Life is very frustrating my friend ... the good news are ... that the management here is doing the best they can, and even more than that to reslove those issues as quickly as possible ... (beta testing, and any experimentation in life is frustrating by definition)

and the other good news are ... that if you happen to have fair opponents, they can all skip a turn back ... for a whole cycle, and it's as if there was never any problem!

Here's something to cheer you up ...

Upvote 0

Nessa

Awesome Player
@gofer: To paraphrase what Dice said, a fair and honorable player would miss a turn back so you did not lose bc of a problem that you had no control over. Next time, if you stay and play, ask your opponent to miss.

@Dice: I love that song, Alright by Reamon! Thank you for posting it!

Nessa

Upvote 0