• Points are back! Read about it HERE

current issues

1 - NEW PLAYERS - Players who created an account on or after Oct 15 2023 are not able to log into the forum
    2 - AWOL - We do not have an AWOL button under the ACTIVE tab yet. Please check each game to see if you are AWOL.
    3 - STUCK GAMES - Some games will not load properly. If you encounter this, please post stuck games HERE

Thanks.

• Welcome to Major Command's RISK Game forum.

If you are a registered player, please log in:

If you are new to Major Command and would like to
    play our RISK game online. Then please sign up here:

If you cannot play games (usually getting stuck on 1 or 2 stars)

Evan

Jr. Programmer I
O.G.
Awesome Player
M.C. Play Testers
DISCLAIMER:
The following change is for people who ALWAYS get the two-star-stuck-on-debriefing bug. If you only get it every now and then, I highly discourage you from using the following work-around. The following work-around is not official and won't be supported with the same priority. This workaround is generally intended for people behind proxies, firewalls, or other traffic filtering/blocking mechanisms. Other people can use it if needed, but it was designed for this audience. Note that using the following work-around will degrade your experience as there will be up to 11 seconds delay between moves and your screen being updated. Also please note that I haven't tested this a lot, and am putting it out there for the sake of letting people play who are currently not able to at all.

Workaround:
-Go to your "settings" (link on the top-right of every screen, in your dog-tags)
-On the top-right section of your settings page, there is a section that is also called "Settings"
-In the "Settings" panel is a dropdown for GameAPI. It should be set to "Server Push". Change it to "Polled Pull".
-Try your game again

Please report back if this fixes your problem. If you report any bugs while in the mode in the future, it is very important that you designate the bug as occurring while in this mode.

EDIT: Also note that this setting is stored on a per computer basis (using cookies). So if your work/school computer has trouble connecting, you can use this mode there only and use the better, regular, mode at home.

Thanks,
Evan

Last edited:

Daan

Awesome Player
There is again a two-star-stuck-on-debriefing bug, but i am one of the people who only gets it every now and then. So, I dont want to use this work around. I am using FF 3.6.13 and also tried IE and Safari... but all my games wont load..

i hope this is enough info to fix it. Thanks, Daan

Upvote 0

Daan

Awesome Player
The problem is solved, but i think it has something to do with the internet connection. Anyway, thanks!

Upvote 0

RjBeals

Map Commander
O.G.
Awesome Player
AADOMM
Not to throw a showstopper out there, but I imagine theres lots of people who play behind proxies or firewalls. Isn't there a way to use the flash plugin that would work regardless?

Upvote 0

Evan

Jr. Programmer I
O.G.
Awesome Player
M.C. Play Testers
I play behind both with no problem.

It is only corporate/education/strict ones that are a problem.

There is no 100% reliable way to workaround this in flash or any other language, except using http tunneling. We may offer http tunneling at some point in the future. In the meantime, people will have to use our workaround (or they can use a subscription based tunneling proxy service available online... if anyone is interested I will try to research a good one).

Many real-time games have this same limitation (try playing world of warcraft, or pokerstars.net, from work) expect perhaps those that choose to implement http tunneling (or ajax long-polling i suppose).

Last edited:
Upvote 0

thone

Awesome Player
Gentlemen of Leisure
M.C. Play Testers
The Embassy
The Wiki Bar
it always worked, and today all my games got stuck on 2 stars.

So i changed the settings and it worked.

tomorrow i'll try to reset it.

Upvote 0

bitglory

Awesome Player
Never had a problem before (ever) and today was stuck at two stars. Changed the setting and it works *mostly*.

The following game is basically unplayable with the new setting:

http://www.majorcommand.com/Games/Game.php?gameid=4002

Might be b/c it is the massive map. Or it could be b/c its the longest running game in the history of the site :)

Upvote 0

bitglory

Awesome Player
Ok, just did a classic mini game and it was *super* fast - way faster than normal.

I hope this all gets figured out soon. Maybe switch it HTML5 so I can play on my iPad. (I know that is extremely not easy - just a dream)

Upvote 0

Cardinalsrule

Administrator
Staff member
CentCom
Awesome Player
Whiner & CryBaby
Fixed Force Club
AADOMM
Assassins Guild
Enemies of Diplomacy
Generals
Knights of MC Realm
M.C. Clan Council
M.C. Play Testers
The Borg
The Embassy
T.O's.
Kickstarter
stuck on two stars thing going on - have to believe that LOTS of people having it, no one in any of my games took a turn overnight.....
changing settings as per OP loaded one game for me...

Upvote 0

Styloke

Awesome Player
I got the 1-2 stars issue, but when I switch to the other setting I'm totally unable to play.
The game loads, but everything is very laggy and deploying troops is nearly impossible. What happens is, when you click a territory, the window pops up, but none of the buttons do anything, mouse usually freezes and the window disappears again.

=/

Upvote 0

mikediesel

Awesome Player
I usually don't have issues, but today I can't get past 2 stars. I switched the settings and I'm still stuck. Does this mean I miss my turn by default?

Upvote 0

Evan

Jr. Programmer I
O.G.
Awesome Player
M.C. Play Testers
I usually don't have issues, but today I can't get past 2 stars. I switched the settings and I'm still stuck. Does this mean I miss my turn by default?

Is this happening on all of your games or just one? If only in (a) specific game(s) then please provide game#s or url's.

You will miss your turn if your time expires. I apologize for the inconvenience and will look at the issue now.
If I determine which game it is, if you've already started your turn and are on the 60 minute timer, I can increase the timer to give me time to find/fix the problem and then you wont miss your turn.

Also, be SURE to switch your setting back to RealTime PUSH. Polled Pull sucks.
Thanks

Upvote 0

mikediesel

Awesome Player
It's all 3 of my games: 015214, 018023, 018540. It looks like I've missed my turn already in one, it is currently my turn in another, and the other I have some time. Anything you can do would be fantastic. Thanks!

Upvote 0

AAFitz

Awesome Player
M.C. Play Testers
It's all 3 of my games: 015214, 018023, 018540. It looks like I've missed my turn already in one, it is currently my turn in another, and the other I have some time. Anything you can do would be fantastic. Thanks!

Use google chrome, it worked for me firefox was two stars, GC worked great

Upvote 0

MH1958BANNED

Awesome Player
I tried the above suggestion and it is working. no more stuck on 1 or 2 stars. And now this warning shows up in the chat:
(09:17:06) Ragnarok: Error: Connection to socket server failed (Flash Security Error). when I use Firefox as browser. It does not do this on Chrome. Safar will not even open up the website :p
just letting you know.

Upvote 0