• Points are back! Read about it HERE

current issues

1 - NEW PLAYERS - Players who created an account on or after Oct 15 2023 are not able to log into the forum
    2 - AWOL - We do not have an AWOL button under the ACTIVE tab yet. Please check each game to see if you are AWOL.
    3 - STUCK GAMES - Some games will not load properly. If you encounter this, please post stuck games HERE

Thanks.

• Welcome to Major Command's RISK Game forum.

If you are a registered player, please log in:

If you are new to Major Command and would like to
    play our RISK game online. Then please sign up here:

Icy Dice - A Podcast About Major Command

riskyone

Awesome Player
Whiner & CryBaby
Fixed Force Club
Enemies of Diplomacy
Generals
Knights of MC Realm
M.C. Play Testers
Old Soldiers Club
The Borg
Kickstarter
Bump.

I'm halfway through, so I just wanna bump the thread so others can see it again if they missed it the first time.

I'm also at the half way point. First let's give once and clarkenfeld their due. You guys tried to write them off, but pens run out of ink. Second I agree with Tape about the Mars rocket shooters not being as big of an advantage. Notice how owning all 3 special regions mentioned only added 1% more to the winning % over having two. Here is a point that won't help with individual games, but maybe each team plays a going first game. If they split then at least each time had one shot at first. Now either do it again or figure out a tie breaker, like who won in the quicker amount of rounds gets to go first for the tie breaker. Like, dislike?

riskyone

Awesome Player
Whiner & CryBaby
Fixed Force Club
Enemies of Diplomacy
Generals
Knights of MC Realm
M.C. Play Testers
Old Soldiers Club
The Borg
Kickstarter
Thank you Bear and Tape. I appreciate your work/fun/comments on the Mars games. Look forward to the next episode even though it will mention Ros and my demise at the hands of the DBL L Squad May DBL L Squad represent our side of the brackets because they beat us.

Tapeworm

Awesome Player
Cosa Nostra
M.C. Play Testers
The Wiki Bar
T.O's.
Thanks th-child, clarkenfeld, and riskyone. We'll talk soon.

BearNecessities

Awesome Player
The 'B' Squad
Enemies of Diplomacy
T.O's.
Tape and I are doing some recording today on our first podcast not focused on the DCS tournament. Pretty excited to share this with the community!

periwinkle

Staff member
Awesome Player
Whiner & CryBaby
Fixed Force Club
Enemies of Diplomacy
Generals
Knights of MC Realm
The Borg
The Canadian Club
The Embassy
The Wiki Bar
T.O's.
M.C. Youtubers
Kickstarter
Tape and I are doing some recording today on our first podcast not focused on the DCS tournament. Pretty excited to share this with the community!

ooooh! I'm looking forward to it! :D

IronDuke

Awesome Player
Knights of MC Realm
M.C. Play Testers
Spaceballs
T.O's.
Kickstarter
Great stuff guys! Thanks for doing this.

ericjkline

Awesome Player
Whiner & CryBaby
Enemies of Diplomacy
Generals
Knights of MC Realm
M.C. Play Testers
The Borg
When is the opening night party!?

ericjkline

Awesome Player
Whiner & CryBaby
Enemies of Diplomacy
Generals
Knights of MC Realm
M.C. Play Testers
The Borg
Is episode 2 out? If so, what is the link? I didn’t see it in the thread here, but I may have just looked past it.

Tapeworm

Awesome Player
Cosa Nostra
M.C. Play Testers
The Wiki Bar
T.O's.
I've been listening to the rough cut of #3, which is all about teamwork. I'm proud of my rambling!

luiscasanova

Awesome Player
Fixed Force Club
Enemies of Diplomacy
Old Soldiers Club
The Wiki Bar
I've been listening to the rough cut of #3, which is all about teamwork. I'm proud of my rambling!

Looking forward to listen to it.

The-Swede

Awesome Player
Good points on coloring each team similar colors or shapes for analyzing the map. It seems obvious but it's critical for anyone who is not doing it. It really does not take very long to do at the beginning of each game and is critical to success. I'm having a lot of fun with team games but i think i can be a handful for anyone on my team. Lack of communication is definitely not a problem here, especially in games that i'm very interested in. The multi-team team games are the most fun for me while i look at team vs team games as sort of easy games, easy strategy... and easy UDO's. I'm also a fan of paying attention to games when they first start up and coming up with plans as the first few turns are the most critical and could most benefit from coordinated reinforcement.

Last edited:

empirejeff

Awesome Player
Generals
Knights of MC Realm
Teams being different shapes on classic massive is actually a good idea.

The-Swede

Awesome Player
If the color options are not the greatest for the map then i will color each team the same color and scroll over individual players to highlight there regions and assess things that way. If possible though i try to get each team some shade/shape/similarity of the same color.

periwinkle

Staff member
Awesome Player
Whiner & CryBaby
Fixed Force Club
Enemies of Diplomacy
Generals
Knights of MC Realm
The Borg
The Canadian Club
The Embassy
The Wiki Bar
T.O's.
M.C. Youtubers
Kickstarter

Tapeworm

Awesome Player
Cosa Nostra
M.C. Play Testers
The Wiki Bar
T.O's.
Sorry for the lack of production- I figured I'd share what I have for the hell of it, and because we're both busy guys and haven't found time to continue with this. We recorded that back on May 11.

And oh boy do I have a lot of false starts and dead ends. I badly need an editor. :) I get going better about ten minutes in, but I'm still waking up and not sharp to start.

Last edited: