• Points are back! Read about it HERE

current issues

1 - NEW PLAYERS - Players who created an account on or after Oct 15 2023 are not able to log into the forum
    2 - AWOL - We do not have an AWOL button under the ACTIVE tab yet. Please check each game to see if you are AWOL.
    3 - STUCK GAMES - Some games will not load properly. If you encounter this, please post stuck games HERE

Thanks.

• Welcome to Major Command's RISK Game forum.

If you are a registered player, please log in:

If you are new to Major Command and would like to
    play our RISK game online. Then please sign up here:

Icy Dice - A Podcast About Major Command

riskyone

Awesome Player
Whiner & CryBaby
Fixed Force Club
Enemies of Diplomacy
Generals
Knights of MC Realm
M.C. Play Testers
Old Soldiers Club
The Borg
Kickstarter

Tapeworm

Awesome Player
Cosa Nostra
M.C. Play Testers
The Wiki Bar
T.O's.
Yeah, we just need need to re-record a couple "overdubs" or clean-ups, whatever the term is. Bear had a crazy January and I've had a crazy February and we haven't managed to link up for it. The main body is recorded, and we'll have to make a point to figuring out when we can do these touch-ups!

BearNecessities

Awesome Player
The 'B' Squad
Enemies of Diplomacy
T.O's.
The wormiest roll of tape has it right! What's been holding me up more than anything is some explosive increase in business pressure. By the time I make it home every day, the last thing I feel like doing is the careful audio edits I did on episode one.

I just need to buckle down, pound a few red bulls, and get it done!

riskyone

Awesome Player
Whiner & CryBaby
Fixed Force Club
Enemies of Diplomacy
Generals
Knights of MC Realm
M.C. Play Testers
Old Soldiers Club
The Borg
Kickstarter
Thanks guys. It's was a very enjoyable listen. If you check last months spotify, under spoken word it was the 4th best seller. If he were still alive, I would love for you guys to invite Howard Cosell over to help with some of the fine details. BTW did you guys get your check from that music streaming service yet?

th-child

Administrator
CentCom
Awesome Player
Whiner & CryBaby
Fixed Force Club
Generals
M.C. Play Testers
The Borg
The Duellers Society
T.O's.
Hey guys, any news about this?

riskyone

Awesome Player
Whiner & CryBaby
Fixed Force Club
Enemies of Diplomacy
Generals
Knights of MC Realm
M.C. Play Testers
Old Soldiers Club
The Borg
Kickstarter
Hey guys, any news about this?

I sit in a corner in the dark with nothing to do. Podcast #2 please. By the way Ros and my series against linearcurve and Luis is underway.

Tapeworm

Awesome Player
Cosa Nostra
M.C. Play Testers
The Wiki Bar
T.O's.
Our recordinding from January will be a bit outdated now, but it IS coming shortly, per my convo with Bear tonight. We're talking about #3 too.

Last edited:

th-child

Administrator
CentCom
Awesome Player
Whiner & CryBaby
Fixed Force Club
Generals
M.C. Play Testers
The Borg
The Duellers Society
T.O's.
:top:

riskyone

Awesome Player
Whiner & CryBaby
Fixed Force Club
Enemies of Diplomacy
Generals
Knights of MC Realm
M.C. Play Testers
Old Soldiers Club
The Borg
Kickstarter
Our recordinding from January will be a bit outdated now, but it IS coming shortly, per my convo with Bear tonight. We're talking about #3 too.

We will find out if your predictions came true or not. It's so fun listening to.

BearNecessities

Awesome Player
The 'B' Squad
Enemies of Diplomacy
T.O's.
Working on releasing episode 2 as soon as tonight.

To keep things in a more reasonable scope of work per episode, I'm going to keep the breadth per episode a bit narrower. Episode 2 will not bring us up to date.

clarkenfeld

Awesome Player
Whiner & CryBaby
Fixed Force Club
Enemies of Diplomacy
Generals
Knights of MC Realm
The Borg
We will find out if your predictions came true or not. It's so fun listening to.

Totally agree but I can remember one prediction that didn't come right, isn't that so once?

riskyone

Awesome Player
Whiner & CryBaby
Fixed Force Club
Enemies of Diplomacy
Generals
Knights of MC Realm
M.C. Play Testers
Old Soldiers Club
The Borg
Kickstarter
Working on releasing episode 2 as soon as tonight.

To keep things in a more reasonable scope of work per episode, I'm going to keep the breadth per episode a bit narrower. Episode 2 will not bring us up to date.

If not released by 4-26-19. I will have myself tied to railroad tracks. I will leave a note saying how much JOY the first one brought and how this waiting is like waiting for that new tool Lp. it's only been since 2006. Make the magic happen, bring back the Joy. Life is to short.

BearNecessities

Awesome Player
The 'B' Squad
Enemies of Diplomacy
T.O's.
At long last, here is Episode 2 of Icy Dice.

In this episode Tapeworm and I cover the group stage of the Doubles Crown Series forum tournament and do a deep dive on the First Turn Advantage as well as strategy for head to head play on the Mars map.

Alas, I didn't get this episode done in time to save dear riskyone from the train tracks. I noticed, however, that his account was last seen online an hour ago, so at least the credentials were passed along to his next of kin or heir apparent in good order!
The next episode should be in the works soon, hopefully my new revised approach to production will shave 50% off the time required to edit and mix the audio.

clarkenfeld

Awesome Player
Whiner & CryBaby
Fixed Force Club
Enemies of Diplomacy
Generals
Knights of MC Realm
The Borg
Thanks Bear! Listening now. Bringing back memories!

once and I are ready for the next round, with alternating levels of fear and confidence.

th-child

Administrator
CentCom
Awesome Player
Whiner & CryBaby
Fixed Force Club
Generals
M.C. Play Testers
The Borg
The Duellers Society
T.O's.
Bump.

I'm halfway through, so I just wanna bump the thread so others can see it again if they missed it the first time.

once

Awesome Player
The 'B' Squad
Generals
M.C. Clan Council
thanks guys, interesting to hear these mars analysis. nilus is fantastic of course, but also the only bonus terr on mars one could hold at the start of the game (i think, but as opposed to acheron for instance). maybe that actually shouldnt be that way? it can create a huge advantage in duels.

it is too bad you didnt have access to the in-team chat, particularly the two 3way tie breakers in our group with cards / general & sannheten / f15 were *really* suspenseful & great games. hands down my favourites so far. would give a lot to have insight into what the other teams were thinking (resisting us). but i wouldnt even be able to follow my own chat at this point.
i am wondering now if 3 way assassin doubles could be a way to organise the group stage generally (at some later point), using some kind of point system that i cannot think through right now, but i loved the format, was great fun. for now we can play assassinating th & dorcee in the philippines.

looking forward to ep. iii!

Last edited:

clarkenfeld

Awesome Player
Whiner & CryBaby
Fixed Force Club
Enemies of Diplomacy
Generals
Knights of MC Realm
The Borg
Totally agree with once about those 2 assassin games. It was a real highlight of all my games on majcom - both could have gone either way at some point. I had 10-15 live games most of that period but it was the 2 SA games that I most hoped would show my turn or once's turn - we probably ended up in the game together on at least three quarters of each other's turns. It was amusing how quickly we'd be in to comment as soon as team turn arrived and that helped so much - well, it helped me crucially! Helps both being in Europe I guess for time zones.

I'd be intrigued to know how much pairs chat during these games? once referred to the in-team chat - lots of suggesting ideas, pointing out blind spots, modifying plans, and then - and this was so good for me - talking through the turns as they went. Roll again. Hold on. Try that stack first. Advance one. Advance all. One more try.

It's just a game but let's not forget the real emotions and psychology involved in real people, at least for competitive ones like us!

So much fun.