• Points are back! Read about it HERE

current issues

1 - NEW PLAYERS - Players who created an account on or after Oct 15 2023 are not able to log into the forum
    2 - AWOL - We do not have an AWOL button under the ACTIVE tab yet. Please check each game to see if you are AWOL.
    3 - STUCK GAMES - Some games will not load properly. If you encounter this, please post stuck games HERE

Thanks.

• Welcome to Major Command's RISK Game forum.

If you are a registered player, please log in:

If you are new to Major Command and would like to
    play our RISK game online. Then please sign up here:

I hate to beat a dead horse . . . but, my stats are horrible

chl

Awesome Player
Maybe someone can tell me what I'm doing wrong.
I normally play 1 on 1 games. I have played a few 24 hr multiple player games, but didn't care for it to much.
I've read that starting first is an advantage, but I believe in the dice at the start of the game. If you get bad dice first couple times, you fall behind very fast. I usually end up starting second in the 1 on 1 games, don't know why, but I do.
I used to play the board game about 35 yrs ago, so I know the basics.
Another reason I thought I'd post this, one player told me, "i'm surprised your score is so low, because you actually play very well". Take that for what it's worth. :biggrin:
I don't want to blame the dice, cause I've read the articles here, but I do have some bad luck with the dice.
I forgot to add, I've read the wiki here.

Here are my numbers:
Class: Grunt
Score: 923
Honor: 90(11)
Diplomacy: 1000(0)
Games: 99
Turns Taken: 1022
Command:
Clans
No Clan Image
Opponents defeated: 21
Current streak: 1
Longest win streak: 3
Longest losing streak: 16

Last edited:

sundicekid

Awesome Player
Generals
League of Shadows
M.C. Play Testers
The Borg
The Canadian Club
oh yeah, start him on escalate! Lol, how about flat rate or escalite, something just a wee bit slower. Even I with almost 3 years avoid escalate when I can ;)

CHL, I am delighted to see your post. It's awesome you are asking and are open to help - good on ya! The people here are really cool, and the key is to learn your strengths and weaknesses, such as I mentioned above.

I'd also be delighted to dubs with you and/or be an armchair coach for 1 or 2 of your games - I love talking strategy. We'd talk thru the pm, just let me know what game you want to confab on and your thoughts, etc. I'll tell you everything I see - it'll be fun!

Oh - you just joined Jan 12, 2016!! No worries, there's a learning curve for everyone - and I'm still in it too!

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Bluebonnet

Awesome Player
Enemies of Diplomacy
Knights of MC Realm
The Duellers Society
6 person doubles is made for escalate!

Flat rate and escalite make for long games. And there is the rush when you run the board.

God luck cards and chl. I would join except life got real busy. Hit me up in about a month chl and i will team with ya.

Upvote 0

Sebrim

Awesome Player
Fixed Force Club
Knights of MC Realm
M.C. Play Testers
The Borg
The Wiki Bar
I've joined, and would love to have a real partner too :)

Upvote 0

Tyro

Awesome Player
The 'B' Squad
Generals
Knights of MC Realm
M.C. Play Testers
The Borg
I'm in, one space left as my partner...

Upvote 0

Cardinalsrule

Administrator
Staff member
CentCom
Awesome Player
Whiner & CryBaby
Fixed Force Club
AADOMM
Assassins Guild
Enemies of Diplomacy
Generals
Knights of MC Realm
M.C. Clan Council
M.C. Play Testers
The Borg
The Embassy
T.O's.
Kickstarter
oh yeah, start him on escalate! Lol, how about flat rate or escalite, something just a wee bit slower. Even I with almost 3 years avoid escalate when I can ;)

CHL, I am delighted to see your post. It's awesome you are asking and are open to help - good on ya! The people here are really cool, and the key is to learn your strengths and weaknesses, such as I mentioned above.

I'd also be delighted to dubs with you and/or be an armchair coach for 1 or 2 of your games - I love talking strategy. We'd talk thru the pm, just let me know what game you want to confab on and your thoughts, etc. I'll tell you everything I see - it'll be fun!

Oh - you just joined Jan 12, 2016!! No worries, there's a learning curve for everyone - and I'm still in it too!

Escalate is CLASSIC risk the way the board game is played. Why would anyone avoid that?

chl isn't some noob who's never played the game, he doesn't need anyone to hold his hand, just a bit of help getting the ins and outs of the way the game works here. If he hadn't made a couple of little mistakes (which were discussed) he may very well have beaten me in the 1v1 game we played on 12D. I dare say that, after a couple of pointers (it is, after all, as gtivan said, one of the more complicated maps strategically) that he'd give anyone on this site, up to the top of the leaderboard, all that they could handle.

He was a bit frustrated with losing more than he thought he should, which is why he posted here, and, as is usual, everyone who jumped in was helpful. I'm confident that he will be a good teammate (and is already a formidable opponent.) He'll be the guy that people underestimate because of a low rank (at least for a little while ;)) that hands them their head on a platter, lol.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Chilly

Administrator
CentCom
Awesome Player
Whiner & CryBaby
M.C. Play Testers
BTW: Like your username and avatar CHL.

Upvote 0

sundicekid

Awesome Player
Generals
League of Shadows
M.C. Play Testers
The Borg
The Canadian Club
chl isn't some noob who's never played the game, he doesn't need anyone to hold his hand, just a bit of help getting the ins and outs of the way the game works here........

Cards, no worries, I wasn't insinuating that he was or needed hand holding. I was pretty sure he said he played 35 yrs ago & just started here 2 months ago in a flurry of real time with 105 under his belt. He sounded kind of frustrated to me, so I offered to 'talk strategy', which I do with quite a few people of all ranks, even my mates that are Generals. I find it very helpful, for instance - just this week I got stuck and really fixated on not getting taken out in a game and my team mates helped me see that I actually couldn't be taken out. It was really weighing me down and holding me back from playing my best.

So, I was only offering to chl as a way to give back to the community, not to belittle him. I will talk strategy with everyone from Munitions to the Numero Uno. I believe I can learn from everyone, and hopefully am able to give back something as well - I sure would like to think so anyway.

And 'I' avoid Escalate, perhaps because I am the noob and not ashamed to admit it. I've been playing close to 3 years, have I learned it all... not hardly.

But no worries, I will leave the coaching to you Cards, I was going to go back and change that armchair coach to something less coachy, but got distracted. All the best to you both in your games! :)

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Cardinalsrule

Administrator
Staff member
CentCom
Awesome Player
Whiner & CryBaby
Fixed Force Club
AADOMM
Assassins Guild
Enemies of Diplomacy
Generals
Knights of MC Realm
M.C. Clan Council
M.C. Play Testers
The Borg
The Embassy
T.O's.
Kickstarter
I don't think that there are any of us who've 'learned it all', SDK.

Upvote 0