• Points are back! Read about it HERE

current issues

1 - NEW PLAYERS - Players who created an account on or after Oct 15 2023 are not able to log into the forum
    2 - AWOL - We do not have an AWOL button under the ACTIVE tab yet. Please check each game to see if you are AWOL.
    3 - STUCK GAMES - Some games will not load properly. If you encounter this, please post stuck games HERE

Thanks.

• Welcome to Major Command's RISK Game forum.

If you are a registered player, please log in:

If you are new to Major Command and would like to
    play our RISK game online. Then please sign up here:

Honour (or honor!) rating

clarkenfeld

Awesome Player
Whiner & CryBaby
Fixed Force Club
Enemies of Diplomacy
Generals
Knights of MC Realm
The Borg
I doubt anyone who plays here has their number 1 objective as protecting their honour rating, but I suppose most of us want it high not low. Is there anyway of knowing who has ranked us low? We can see who we have rated high or low, but can we see what others have done to us?

Asking for a friend! :ciao:

TylerDurden85

Awesome Player
yeah that was weird for me as well but now is 66(11) so most likely that 1 was already counted in percentage but not shown in total number of votes so i can't tell who rated me bad.

Upvote 0

brianstheman

Awesome Player
Whiner & CryBaby
Fixed Force Club
Assassins Guild
Enemies of Diplomacy
Generals
Knights of MC Realm
There's an intentional lag between the rate and quantity. I forgot which of the two factors updates late, but as I recall it's designed to add to the anonymity of those rating others by hiding the immediate impact after/during a recent or active game. So the math WILL add up soon, basically.

Ah, mystery solved!!!

The Votes must update sooner......so the 66 rating is based on 6 Honorable/3 Dishonorable......and will update to a higher or lower rating when the next two votes are tallied.

Good system for preventing negative reciprocity.

Upvote 0

Virtuoso

Awesome Player
If you want better honor, just play a game with me, as I'll probably honor you. What I do in every game I join now is honor all my opponents.

I've honored 77 and dishonored 32. I'm trying to get that 32 down to zero as I play more repeats and switch them all over.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

ericjkline

Awesome Player
Whiner & CryBaby
Enemies of Diplomacy
Generals
Knights of MC Realm
M.C. Play Testers
The Borg
I think a lot of my lower ratings came early on when I didn't know the site and etiquette and wasn't particularly planning to stick. I think it would be good if ratings from a few years back eventually went away, so or like the Diplomacy rating. I also think people may give a low honour rating when they get pommeled in a completely fair way. I know I feel like I'm being targeted sometimes, but if I use logic and put myself in the opponents place, I realize it was either just the right move, or else they had to pick *someone* to attack and it wasn't personal. I usually give low honour for (a) abandoning a game, (b) being rude and abusive (rare to see in recent years for me at least), (c) poor team play (i.e. never reinforces to teammates), (d) revenge, retaliation, etc where the player's goal is clearly not to win, but to punish a particular player. It needs to be anonymous or else everyone would be too afraid to mark someone down for bad behavior. I would like to know who the players were early on when I acted like a jerk new player and apologize. Whoever you are, I apologize! I've reformed! (somewhat)

Upvote 0

Virtuoso

Awesome Player
The Popularity Score

Let's name it for what it is. Anyone can upvote/downvote anyone else's honor for any reason they see fit. It is simply a metric that anyone can use for retaliation or support. As it stands, my "honor" is 28, but diplo of 1000. I'm in multiple games with other players. Currently, there is a player with a diplo score of 750 who has a higher honor than me. There are several people with low-900 diplos with honors in the 50s and 60s.

Let's be straight. The worst thing anyone can do on this site is break a diplo. If, in the course of a game, it turns out one needs to break a diplo in order to (1) win or (2) avoid losing, it means at some point earlier in the game, they made the fatal error of entering a diplo they should not have. If you make a fatal error in a game, you deserve to lose. Period. If one breaks a diplo, then wins, that win is not deserved. They are an undeserving winner. No one's integrity should be worth less than a silly victory that only one person in the world cares about.

Someone earlier posted something about they are suspicious with players with honor scores less than 60. That is unfortunate. I say this because, again, although the nomenclature of the stat is "honor", there is no "honor" implied in the score. Anyone can upvote/downvote for any criteria. They do not need to justify it to anyone, and it is totally anonymous. It is a metric of something. Popularity, perhaps, but honor certainly not. If so, why is it that player with 750 diplo has a higher honor than me? I would as much lose all my points today than break a diplo to win a game. Every person in every game I'm in right now, with a diplo less than 1000, has a higher honor score than I do.

The last three negs I got were:
1. A 70+ honor who insulted me with a sexist remark because I won a game. He was a sore loser.
2. A 60+ honor who insulted me because in R2 or something, I took a tert off of him (defended by only 2, it was my easiest tert to acquire) that happened to break up his 3-tert Belgium. I didn't even notice. He lashed out at me and said I was doomed in the game.
3. A 60+ honor player who wasted a whole set of reserves on my single stack. This got us both killed. I criticized his move. He then retaliated by following me to another game, and wasted two full sets of reserves on me, causing me to lose there too. In all of this, I didn't even kill a single troop of his. Not even one. I simply opined in the first game that his move was poor.

All these players have better honor than I do. I would never consider myself the most popular player here. But honor? I play according to the rules. What else do you expect from me?

28 is embarrassing, but honestly, I don't even know why it isn't zero. I don't play honorably, like I said, I play according to the rules. I figure the only reason I have any upvotes at all, is because I post here, in the forums. So at 28, my honor score can actually be considered to be over-rated. It should be zero. I play according to the rules.

If honor was named popularity, and I was the least popular player on MC, I would be totally cool with that. If honor was "public", in the way Ebay feedback is, I have a suspicion that certain players here, with decent honor, would be found to only neg others, and positive no one. As it is, I've positived over 120 of you, and negged less than a quarter of that.

Query: Are we supposed to tolerate racist remarks directed at us in the chat? What about sexist remarks? Is sexism as untolerated as racism here? Can players be subjected to penalties for engaging in such insults?

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Cardinalsrule

Administrator
Staff member
CentCom
Awesome Player
Whiner & CryBaby
Fixed Force Club
AADOMM
Assassins Guild
Enemies of Diplomacy
Generals
Knights of MC Realm
M.C. Clan Council
M.C. Play Testers
The Borg
The Embassy
T.O's.
Kickstarter
The Popularity Score

Query: Are we supposed to tolerate racist remarks directed at us in the chat? What about sexist remarks? Is sexism as untolerated as racism here? Can players be subjected to penalties for engaging in such insults?

Racist and/or sexist remarks are not tolerated. If you are subjected to those, please report them in the private forums and someone from CentCom will review and take action.

Upvote 0

riskyone

Awesome Player
Whiner & CryBaby
Fixed Force Club
Enemies of Diplomacy
Generals
Knights of MC Realm
M.C. Play Testers
Old Soldiers Club
The Borg
Kickstarter
:sheep:
Racist and/or sexist remarks are not tolerated. If you are subjected to those, please report them in the private forums and someone from CentCom will review and take action.

I hope know one made any racist remarks. That's totally uncalled for. The sexism also. If you want to flirt with someone private message them and ask if it's cool. If not, sorry. If yes, there are still lines one should not cross. We have many races in MC a racist would be the scorn of the MC family. I don't know why you say that you don't play honorable. I have never seen or heard you do anything dishonorable. Sometimes people get upset, but personnel insults, and attacking in other games for no reason that needs to go. Quote Originally Posted by Virtuoso View Post
The Popularity Score

Upvote 0

JCUK

Awesome Player
The 'B' Squad
Generals
M.C. Play Testers
The Wiki Bar
T.O's.
Clearly I have been marked as dishonourable by a lot of people, not sure why but I won't lose sleep over it. It absolutely has no bearing on the games I play. I'm not aware of anyone choosing not join me in a game, but then again, I wouldn't know that anyway.

Seb must be suspicious of me only having a rating in the 50s.

Upvote 0