• Scoreboard and Points Live. Read about it HERE

current issues

1 - NEW PLAYERS - Players who created an account on or after May 16 2024 are not able to login to the forum
    2 - AWOL - We do not have an AWOL button under the ACTIVE tab yet. Please check each game to see if you are AWOL.

Thanks.

• Welcome to Major Command's RISK Game forum.

If you are a registered player, please log in:

If you are new to Major Command and would like to
    play our RISK game online. Then please sign up here:

"High man, Low man"

rob6483

Awesome Player
Hard to get the message out though, so maybe they determine for themselves if they're a Veteran with knowledge to share?

I'm thinking this is probably the best way to go. There are a lot of players out there that may not have the highest scores but I'd still consider veterans anyway.

Part of the reason I hadn't joined one of these yet was I wasn't sure if I qualified as a "high man". Definitely would not have joined in as a "low man" though.

Bluebonnet

Awesome Player
Enemies of Diplomacy
Knights of MC Realm
The Duellers Society
"ps : after a quick investigation : cardinals got over 100 games in double on classic massive / gtivan 29 (8 wins) and they both seems veteran to me !"

Correction.

I have played 16 total games classic massive doubles that are archived

2v2: played 12 games / won 7 = over 56% win/loss
3 teams and more: played 4 games / won 1 = 25% win/loss

Multi team games are entirely different than head to head. Head to head is easy. Multi teams i am a novice.

sundicekid

Awesome Player
Generals
League of Shadows
M.C. Play Testers
The Borg
The Canadian Club
i found out today you can search for the number of games you've played with particular settings, amongst them you can select double and your name. if you have played less than 100 double games they will all be displayed. if you have played more well i guess you're a veteran for sure so it doesn't matter.... it made me realise that i only played 29 doubles... these few statistics make me think i'm really no veteran when it comes to doubles.

Great - where & how did you do the searches please??

And you guys all brought up some excellent points. I almost jumped in the game (as the Veteran) with ironduke, till I realized that I have 1/3 the games under my belt as he does. Is he the Vet then??

So, I guess this is like a lot of things - it's easy to complicate it, lol!

I am 'guessing' this great idea may have been a spinoff from the http://www.majorcommand.com/forums/threads/6309-Thoughts-on-Retaining-More-Noobs conversation.

So, if that's true? Then the idea really is to match experienced people with Noobs - and then maybe the game notes should just say:

Doubles Partners: Seat 1 - Veteran & Seat 2 - Newcomer

-- that way 'each person gets to choose' what level they think they are & jump in that particular seat. If someone considers themselves a newcomer & I think I'm a Veteran then so be it, time to play ball.

As for the Veterans, hopefully they have had some success with teaming & the Noobs, well they take their chances with who they get! The idea I think is to foster team and community and have some fun!

champig

Awesome Player
The Borg
"ps : after a quick investigation : cardinals got over 100 games in double on classic massive / gtivan 29 (8 wins) and they both seems veteran to me !"

Correction.

I have played 16 total games classic massive doubles that are archived

2v2: played 12 games / won 7 = over 56% win/loss
3 teams and more: played 4 games / won 1 = 25% win/loss

Multi team games are entirely different than head to head. Head to head is easy. Multi teams i am a novice.

you're absolutely right, i was too lazy to check the details ^^

Great - where & how did you do the searches please??

you go on the game page, there under casual games and real time games you "have looking for something specific", click on "find a game"

there you just have to select : duo; the name of the player and any other setting you want.

as for the let the players decide which side they are, maybe we should have a minimum standart ?

Bluebonnet

Awesome Player
Enemies of Diplomacy
Knights of MC Realm
The Duellers Society
Okay, instead of sidetracking the issue, I will try to assist in resolving.

Lowman: Anyone who has never reached Lieutenanant. No matter the number of games played or style of game.
Highman: Anyone who has reached Lieutenant or above no matter the number of games played or style of game.

If you have reached Lieutenant and still don't know how to play doubles, I figure you know someone who does and can ask them for help.

BTW 2 privates on one team right now.

I will join one of the other teams as a highman. Try to assist a new player with what little i know.

Cardinalsrule

Administrator
Staff member
CentCom
Awesome Player
Whiner & CryBaby
Fixed Force Club
AADOMM
Assassins Guild
Enemies of Diplomacy
Generals
Knights of MC Realm
M.C. Clan Council
M.C. Play Testers
The Borg
The Embassy
T.O's.
Kickstarter
I like that. Have to have a cutoff somewhere, that makes perfect sense.

Bluebonnet

Awesome Player
Enemies of Diplomacy
Knights of MC Realm
The Duellers Society
Doo doo. My low man left me high and dry.

What a vote of confidence in may abilities. May be need to amend it to have high man be higher than a captain and exclude captains and lieutenants from play.

Also does wonders for my selfesteem. :laugh:

Hodja

Awesome Player
I just came across this thread, great idea! I wouldn't join though since I'm a "high man" but 95% of my double exp is on 12 domains and 2vs2. I wouldn't be off much help to the low man.
Maybe an idea to make a flat rate 3 border 12 domain game with 12 players? I would most likely join that eventhough I don't have much have much multiplayer exp with doubles on 12 domains, I would feel confident enough to be with a low man though since I played over 70 2vs2 12 domains and quite a few multiplayer singles. Just an idea ;)

Cardinalsrule

Administrator
Staff member
CentCom
Awesome Player
Whiner & CryBaby
Fixed Force Club
AADOMM
Assassins Guild
Enemies of Diplomacy
Generals
Knights of MC Realm
M.C. Clan Council
M.C. Play Testers
The Borg
The Embassy
T.O's.
Kickstarter
I'll make a few later, hodja, when I get a chance

namelochil

Awesome Player
Generals
League of Shadows
M.C. Play Testers
The Duellers Society
I like that. A combination of 'no hurry' and 'no worries'. No hurries!

Cardinalsrule

Administrator
Staff member
CentCom
Awesome Player
Whiner & CryBaby
Fixed Force Club
AADOMM
Assassins Guild
Enemies of Diplomacy
Generals
Knights of MC Realm
M.C. Clan Council
M.C. Play Testers
The Borg
The Embassy
T.O's.
Kickstarter
+1 :)

Cardinalsrule

Administrator
Staff member
CentCom
Awesome Player
Whiner & CryBaby
Fixed Force Club
AADOMM
Assassins Guild
Enemies of Diplomacy
Generals
Knights of MC Realm
M.C. Clan Council
M.C. Play Testers
The Borg
The Embassy
T.O's.
Kickstarter
I need to clean up that first game's notes so that it's REALLY clear what is intended, and I'll start a couple more on other maps. For Hodja and other enthusiasts, I'll make one 12Domains. 97 Characters is what shows up on the board. What's the best way to explain it in 97 characters or less? And one more map to make one of these revolving games on? I'm leaning toward South America. What would YOU like to see?

sundicekid

Awesome Player
Generals
League of Shadows
M.C. Play Testers
The Borg
The Canadian Club
Lowman: Anyone who has never reached Lieutenanant. No matter the number of games played or style of game. Highman: Anyone who has reached Lieutenant or above no matter the number of games played or style of game.

This is great. It does give a reasonable & fair experience level for both, cause you can't cover all contingencies, so this works.

Cards for the 'Game Notes', I'd like to suggest these 93 characters...

High/Low = High: has reached Lieut + & Low: has never reached Lieut / any # of games/settings

Last edited:

Cardinalsrule

Administrator
Staff member
CentCom
Awesome Player
Whiner & CryBaby
Fixed Force Club
AADOMM
Assassins Guild
Enemies of Diplomacy
Generals
Knights of MC Realm
M.C. Clan Council
M.C. Play Testers
The Borg
The Embassy
T.O's.
Kickstarter
Not 100% sure that tells people to join a high with a low, etc. We want the meaning of the game to be crystal clear. :)

High/Low: High=Lieut or above, Low=nevr reached Lt-One each per team New players team with a vet!

I believe this is exactly 97 characters. Anyone think of a way to improve on this?

sundicekid

Awesome Player
Generals
League of Shadows
M.C. Play Testers
The Borg
The Canadian Club
High/Low: High=Lieut or above, Low=nevr reached Lt-One each per team New players team with a vet!

We've got ourselves a winner!

...and with a slight emphasis :)

High/Low: High=Lieut or above, Low=nevr reached Lieut *1 ea per team>New players team with a vet!

Last edited:

Cardinalsrule

Administrator
Staff member
CentCom
Awesome Player
Whiner & CryBaby
Fixed Force Club
AADOMM
Assassins Guild
Enemies of Diplomacy
Generals
Knights of MC Realm
M.C. Clan Council
M.C. Play Testers
The Borg
The Embassy
T.O's.
Kickstarter
Yeah, that's an improvement. Thanks sundice! Anyone want to suggest any more improvements? And I'm going to have 3 of these revolving games up, one on CM, one on 12D, suggestions for the third? I don't want anything too complex, so not Africa. South America, I'm thinking. Others want to jump in and give their 2 cents?

rob6483

Awesome Player
Lol, you might have guessed but that was a typo, my english grammar isn't that great :D

It's certainly better than my grammar in any other language. Better than a lot of native english speakers too! lol