• Scoreboard and Points Live. Read about it HERE

current issues

1 - NEW PLAYERS - Players who created an account on or after May 16 2024 are not able to login to the forum
    2 - AWOL - We do not have an AWOL button under the ACTIVE tab yet. Please check each game to see if you are AWOL.

Thanks.

• Welcome to Major Command's RISK Game forum.

If you are a registered player, please log in:

If you are new to Major Command and would like to
    play our RISK game online. Then please sign up here:

"High man, Low man"

Cardinalsrule

Administrator
Staff member
CentCom
Awesome Player
Whiner & CryBaby
Fixed Force Club
AADOMM
Assassins Guild
Enemies of Diplomacy
Generals
Knights of MC Realm
M.C. Clan Council
M.C. Play Testers
The Borg
The Embassy
T.O's.
Kickstarter
I guess I didn't explain that well. Remember when Bado used to have those recurring games at the top of the "find a game" page? There were 2 games up there, both on Evolved, one 5 player and the other 8. When they filled up another would start. That's what I was thinking of.

NewSheriffInTown

Make My Day...
CentCom
Awesome Player
M.C. Play Testers
The Wiki Bar
M.C. Youtubers
I have no idea how to do that...

(But I will think of something.)

Cardinalsrule

Administrator
Staff member
CentCom
Awesome Player
Whiner & CryBaby
Fixed Force Club
AADOMM
Assassins Guild
Enemies of Diplomacy
Generals
Knights of MC Realm
M.C. Clan Council
M.C. Play Testers
The Borg
The Embassy
T.O's.
Kickstarter
I see that WiseViking joined the game in a "Low man" spot. That certainly is NOT in the spirit of the game, it was intended for newer players to get a chance to play doubles with a veteran player. Regardless of the fact that he's a Warrant officer (STILL not "LOW"), no one with a General's star on their medal board belongs in the "low man" spot. Please drop out, WV, you can play as a 'high man' in the next game.....

There were 9 spots filled in the game, so to keep it from filling and starting, I dropped out temporarily, and messaged the other "high" men, sebrim, rob, marc, and ne4, and asked them to do the same, until WV drops out.

Last edited:

marc369

Awesome Player
M.C. Play Testers
The Borg
I have dropped out until this is sorted, to stop the game starting please no one join with tyro

or with boogie726!

Last edited by a moderator:

masterjskye

Level ∞: Shadow Master
CentCom
Awesome Player
Generals
League of Shadows
M.C. Play Testers
The Embassy
T.O's.
I guess I didn't explain that well. Remember when Bado used to have those recurring games at the top of the "find a game" page? There were 2 games up there, both on Evolved, one 5 player and the other 8. When they filled up another would start. That's what I was thinking of.

Those are called "theme games". Anyone with admin powers can make them. You just make the game as per usual on the create page, and then below it you should see a little ticky box with "Theme Game?" next to it. Tick it and add in a name like High Man low man, just so we know what one it is in the admin panel. Also write your description in the note field.

Cardinalsrule

Administrator
Staff member
CentCom
Awesome Player
Whiner & CryBaby
Fixed Force Club
AADOMM
Assassins Guild
Enemies of Diplomacy
Generals
Knights of MC Realm
M.C. Clan Council
M.C. Play Testers
The Borg
The Embassy
T.O's.
Kickstarter
Tried it out, got a message that said "The theme game has been created. Please wait up to 24 hours to see the related game(s) get created. (Time depends on cron schedule)". Guess I'll wait and see.....

EDIT: It worked! Thanks to masterjskye for that! So, boys and girls, high ranks and low, jump in and play, make a new friend/partner, teach and learn, have some fun! :elefant:

Last edited:

sundicekid

Awesome Player
Generals
League of Shadows
M.C. Play Testers
The Borg
The Canadian Club
Awesome! I just found this Thread - I've just realized I never come to this section of the forum. Cool stuff here.

I suggest this cool new game series goes in the 'Dispatch' too, why not? It's totally in the spirit of fun and community.

I see them now in the new games - I will for sure join when non-escalate games are set up, how about no reinforce, escalite & flat rate too! Keep me posted if there's invites.

Cardinalsrule

Administrator
Staff member
CentCom
Awesome Player
Whiner & CryBaby
Fixed Force Club
AADOMM
Assassins Guild
Enemies of Diplomacy
Generals
Knights of MC Realm
M.C. Clan Council
M.C. Play Testers
The Borg
The Embassy
T.O's.
Kickstarter
I'll set up a few more later, sun, with different settings.

Only problem I see is people jumping in without reading the directions - for instance studiocity has jumped into one game in a 'high' spot, and the other in a 'low' spot. LOL!

sundicekid

Awesome Player
Generals
League of Shadows
M.C. Play Testers
The Borg
The Canadian Club
I'll set up a few more later, sun, with different settings.

Only problem I see is people jumping in without reading the directions - for instance studiocity has jumped into one game in a 'high' spot, and the other in a 'low' spot. LOL!

Looking forward to it! Yeah, high rank, low rank isn't working - how about a note saying:

Game Rules > Doubles Partners to be: 1 Veteran & 1 Newcomer only "per team"

Last edited:

Bluebonnet

Awesome Player
Enemies of Diplomacy
Knights of MC Realm
The Duellers Society
You may want to define Veteran. Studiocity is a veteran for sure. He has over 400 games and wins if i remember right. And very capable of running the board.

Don't know what his highest rank ever was. But he definitely knows the basics of team play and can help a newer player.

sundicekid

Awesome Player
Generals
League of Shadows
M.C. Play Testers
The Borg
The Canadian Club
You may want to define Veteran.

Excellent point, 100 games = Veteran??? Yeah, that's a tricky one, a hundred seems like quite a lot, someone that's been around a while. Maybe 100 plus a minimum rank of 'x' at some point? What do you guys think?

Hard to get the message out though, so maybe they determine for themselves if they're a Veteran with knowledge to share?

Last edited:

Bluebonnet

Awesome Player
Enemies of Diplomacy
Knights of MC Realm
The Duellers Society
Don't know. I have been a major and have over 1,000 games and wins.

Compared to the others (marc, cards, th-child, sunin) who have joined, I still consider myself somewhere in the middle. But that is my opinion. While I can teach the basics for sure, there is still a lot of finess others can teach that I am still learning.

While that is an opinion for myself, I am not comfortable in setting the same set of guidelines for others to follow on who should be considered high or low. The extremes are easy to determine, the middle gets very grey at times.

If a newer recruit asks me, I would give them a fair warning on my abilities and probably join though.

Last edited:

Tyro

Awesome Player
The 'B' Squad
Generals
Knights of MC Realm
M.C. Play Testers
The Borg
And something else to consider while defining a veteran is that number of games played doesn't necessarily equate to good gameplay, especially in teams. Perhaps a better indication might be a number of opponents defeated? Or additional medals earned?
Of course, the more complicated the definition the less likely folk are to read and / or understand their personal position.
I think anyone who has found this thread is likely to know where they are.

Cardinalsrule

Administrator
Staff member
CentCom
Awesome Player
Whiner & CryBaby
Fixed Force Club
AADOMM
Assassins Guild
Enemies of Diplomacy
Generals
Knights of MC Realm
M.C. Clan Council
M.C. Play Testers
The Borg
The Embassy
T.O's.
Kickstarter
Yeah, I'd call him a veteran, regardless of rank.

namelochil

Awesome Player
Generals
League of Shadows
M.C. Play Testers
The Duellers Society
Awwwww crap, guys. I was looking for games to join and I ended up joining two 'high-low' games. I didn't realize there was a thread in the forums. I hope I didn't take anyone's place. One of the games has already started. Should I drop the game that hasn't started yet?

Last edited:

Cardinalsrule

Administrator
Staff member
CentCom
Awesome Player
Whiner & CryBaby
Fixed Force Club
AADOMM
Assassins Guild
Enemies of Diplomacy
Generals
Knights of MC Realm
M.C. Clan Council
M.C. Play Testers
The Borg
The Embassy
T.O's.
Kickstarter
No, it's no problem being in 2.

champig

Awesome Player
The Borg
i found out today you can search for the number of games you've played with particular settings, amongst them you can select double and your name.

if you have played less than 100 double games they will all be displayed. if you have played more well i guess you're a veteran for sure so it doesn't matter.

it made me realise that i only played 29 doubles

out of which i've won only 6 !

most played map : classic massive, 6 games 6 losses

half the game i won (3) were 2 v 2.

these few statistics make me think i'm really no veteran when it comes to doubles.

i'd say a veteran should be someone who has at least 8 (edited to match gtivan's numbers) victories in double on the map you're playing and something like 20 to 30 doubles played with a decent percentage of victory on this map.

since the point is coaching new players, high standarts would make sense to me ...

anyone up for coaching a noob general ? :)

ps : after a quick investigation : cardinals got over 100 games in double on classic massive / gtivan 29 (8 wins) and they both seems veteran to me !

Last edited:

namelochil

Awesome Player
Generals
League of Shadows
M.C. Play Testers
The Duellers Society
In one of the games, my partner, mx, isn't really a "low man" at all. He has a decent rank and a lot of experience. Did I join the wrong team? This whole thing confuses me. .....I guess maybe I should read this thread first...

champig

Awesome Player
The Borg
considering he's never won a classic massive double i'd say he's not an expert ...

on the other hand, studiocity won 4 out of 18, maybe he's borderline ^^

Last edited:

namelochil

Awesome Player
Generals
League of Shadows
M.C. Play Testers
The Duellers Society
I just read through the thread. I clearly took marc's spot in the game with tyro. I'll drop that one.