• Scoreboard and Points Live. Read about it HERE

current issues

1 - NEW PLAYERS - Players who created an account on or after May 16 2024 are not able to login to the forum
    2 - AWOL - We do not have an AWOL button under the ACTIVE tab yet. Please check each game to see if you are AWOL.

Thanks.

• Welcome to Major Command's RISK Game forum.

If you are a registered player, please log in:

If you are new to Major Command and would like to
    play our RISK game online. Then please sign up here:

Fancy a bevvy, guv'nah? (aka the What Are You Drinking thread)

acaminante

Awesome Player
my weak spot is for the mojito.. but i've been known to enjoy a decent vodka martini from time to time...
oh, and malibu rum is the perfect summer liquor.. something about that island flavor totally kills me. <3

Good Mojitos - Trust me I'm Cuban
2 Liter bottle of Sprite
Sugar
Mint
Limes (6)
Lime Juice (in the squeeze bottle)

To start: Pour Sprite into a pitcher. Fill about 60%.

To make the mixture: muddle a tablespoon of sugar, 10 mint leaves, and lime juice (5 squeezes) in a bowl. Pour mixture into the pitcher with Sprite. Repeat this step two or three times.

Once you have put two or three mixtures in the Sprite, put in 10 or 12 slices of lime, mint leaves, and two or three table spoons of sugar (depending on how sweet you like it). Stir vigorously. Fill the rest with rum (you want to have about a 70/30 or 80/20 split). You can use lemons with the limes (they do that in the Middle East). You can also use Diet Sprite and Splenda for a very low calorie version.

ORBOTRON

O.G.
Awesome Player
two years ago I came to the realization that I was a raging alcoholic and quit. But before that, hippy that I was, there were a myriad delicious dark brews I enjoyed. All-time favorite was certain batches of Oatmeal Stout from Davidson Brothers in upstate NY where I was a QC member for years. If I had to go mass produced, it would be either something from the Samuel Smiths line, or Newcastle. Alas, these days I drink seltzer water, and everyone around me is safer for it, lol

zspBANNED

Awesome Player
natty!!! wooo!!!

jk.

seriously.

yuengling? nothing to special..but i'm a fan.

rengew420

Awesome Player
whats with ya'll beer is good and all but you guys have to try a SUPERLOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Its a lil something i whipped up while i was a D.J. i only got 3 free drinks a night so i made it count haha!!!!!!1

bacardi 151 n malibu rum about 2/3 or the cup between the two of um
some 99 bannanas about a shot or 2
pinapple juice and a lil grenadene!!!

It turns out a lil pink so for all u homophobes get over it cuz a couple of these will knock u on ur ass!!!!!

Mikhel

Awesome Player
Dos Equis. Crown and Coke. Jaegerbombs. Screwdrivers. If I must go for the cheap beer, Coors Light or Bud Light.

Timminz

Awesome Player
Beer - Prefer ales, bitters, porters, dark stuff. Generally, I find that the more local it is, the better (fresher) it is.
Whiskey - Not too picky, but not the cheap shit. Gentleman Jack, or a young scotch, usually.
Jagermeister - FUCKING JAGERMEISTER!!!
Wine - Red. The more expensive the better, usually. Which is why I really only drink it when one of my two uncles who are really into wine (and have the bank account to support it) are supplying, or when I'm having a quality meal where I think beer won't quite suffice.
Whatever else - because, you know, if it's got alcohol in it, I'll probably drink it.

samular

Ambassador
Awesome Player
As a poor grad student, I haven't the budget to be discriminating. Non-bourbon whiskey or gin, so long as they are drinkable. For me, that generally just means "not in a plastic bottle." Not picky with wine -- again, too poor to form a sophisticated palate. I'll pour essentially anything labled "beer" down my gullet, but I'm partial to fancy ales.

yuengling? nothing to special..but i'm a fan.

Where are you from? Yuengling is a staple out here in western PA. I'm curious as to how big it is outside PA and the neighboring states.

zspBANNED

Awesome Player
Dos Equis.

EDIT: Fiddlesticking. Incredible.

samular said:
Where are you from?

Central Pennsylvania. So not outside of Pennsylvania in a neighboring state. Just talking about Yuengling right now is making me want to go get one. So I will. B/c I like it. And really want one right now. So I'm going to go to the fridge now. K bye now.

Wait.

I just had a pretty incredibly tasting beverage this past weekend. Granted, a girl made it for us, and it's kind of a pussy drink, but it tastes DAMN good. Anyone ever heard of bullfrogs before? Here's her step-by-step directions: Get a 2 liter bottle of Mountain Dew. Poor a little out until you reach the label. Put two packets of blue (berry?) kool-aid into it and fill the rest up with vodka (cheap vodka will suffice, no need wasting extra money, it won't taste any different haha). Drink.

K I'm going now.

EDIT: Changed a word, can't be having those young kids like ArmyOfGod reading shitaki like that.

Last edited:

acaminante

Awesome Player
Going to the Flying Saucer has introduced me to a world of good beer:

I like German beer made in Munich - I've got some Spaten Octoberfest in my fridge right now. If you like banana bread, try a Dunkelweizen. Interesting fact: Americans developed their taste for watery beer during prohibition.

Try a brew by Yazoo - they are made here in Nashville and they are good. My favorite Yuengling is the black and tan. Terrapin Rye Pale Ale is quite tasty. My wife likes her fruity beer - her favorites are Abita Purple Haze (raspberries) and Sweetwater Blue (blueberries).

And pretty much anything by Samuel Smith is delicious. "Contractors to her majesty's forces"
4f22f5d47b672735d1c3c69a1174014f.png

ORBOTRON

O.G.
Awesome Player
drove through central PA today, we're in Maryland for the week. Z, Maybe you can stand by the interstate friday and I can throw something at you on the way by.

Last edited:

ORBOTRON

O.G.
Awesome Player
acamin, that pic is not even right, I gotta stop looking at this thread now, it's kindling a flame that could burn this whole world down (or at least land me broke, alone, and in prison) Cheers all

zspBANNED

Awesome Player
drove through central PA today, we're in Maryland for the week. Z, Maybe you can stand by the interstate friday and I can throw something at you on the way by.

Well I go to school in central PA. Penn State as a matter of fact. What beautiful PA landmarks/cities did you pass by?

ORBOTRON

O.G.
Awesome Player
saw an amish horse and buggy tied up outsde a quickie mart.

allurbass

Awesome Player
whiskey or scotch neat to get things done quickly

Guinness only if it's on tap

If you can find it Kilt Lifter is like drinking dinner.

drink of choice is my homebrew kombucha

ghost

Chief Ambassador
Awesome Player
Good Mojitos - Trust me I'm Cuban
2 Liter bottle of Sprite
Sugar
Mint
Limes (6)
Lime Juice (in the squeeze bottle)

To start: Pour Sprite into a pitcher. Fill about 60%.

To make the mixture: muddle a tablespoon of sugar, 10 mint leaves, and lime juice (5 squeezes) in a bowl. Pour mixture into the pitcher with Sprite. Repeat this step two or three times.

Once you have put two or three mixtures in the Sprite, put in 10 or 12 slices of lime, mint leaves, and two or three table spoons of sugar (depending on how sweet you like it). Stir vigorously. Fill the rest with rum (you want to have about a 70/30 or 80/20 split). You can use lemons with the limes (they do that in the Middle East). You can also use Diet Sprite and Splenda for a very low calorie version.

i just saved your recipe. ;P

acaminante

Awesome Player
acamin, that pic is not even right, I gotta stop looking at this thread now, it's kindling a flame that could burn this whole world down (or at least land me broke, alone, and in prison) Cheers all

heh sorry orbo - ditto for me if regnew420 starts a "what are you smoking?" thread :O

Timminz

Awesome Player
4f22f5d47b672735d1c3c69a1174014f.png

That is delicious looking. Although I must admit, anything with the words "Imperial Stout" on it, tends to make me salivate.