• Scoreboard and Points Live. Read about it HERE

current issues

1 - NEW PLAYERS - Players who created an account on or after May 16 2024 are not able to login to the forum
    2 - AWOL - We do not have an AWOL button under the ACTIVE tab yet. Please check each game to see if you are AWOL.

Thanks.

• Welcome to Major Command's RISK Game forum.

If you are a registered player, please log in:

If you are new to Major Command and would like to
    play our RISK game online. Then please sign up here:

Diplomacy Debate

mapguy

Awesome Player
medalscopy.png

Cardinalsrule

Administrator
Staff member
CentCom
Awesome Player
Whiner & CryBaby
Fixed Force Club
AADOMM
Assassins Guild
Enemies of Diplomacy
Generals
Knights of MC Realm
M.C. Clan Council
M.C. Play Testers
The Borg
The Embassy
T.O's.
Kickstarter
I love it! Only thing to figure out is, how many broken treaties gets you the "Big D" award? :)

Badorties

Boss General (Retired on a Desert Island)
O.G.
Awesome Player
Gentlemen of Leisure
AADOMM
M.C. Play Testers
The Embassy
The Wiki Bar
I agree with Fitz, however, let it be know that I only read the first third of anything he says.

FLAGG

Awesome Player
M.C. Play Testers
The Borg
I don't understand why people keep saying that to have BINDING treaties eliminates the strategy of the game??? In my opinion is makes for a different game with different strategy. If it were an option, people could choose the type of game AND STRATEGY that they wanted to plan.

As it is now, we only CAN play the game as it exist now. OK.......Fine. But please stop saying that to have BINDING treaties would take all the strategy away from the game. Far from the truth............

FLAGG

mapguy

Awesome Player
I was thinking more like a stetson :tongue:

Nice one Map, haha

Glad you liked it ORBO. haha

I do not however, get the quip about the "stetson". .. is that supposed to be some sort of slur towards southerners ?

mapguy

Awesome Player
I don't understand why people keep saying that to have BINDING treaties eliminates the strategy of the game??? In my opinion is makes for a different game with different strategy. If it were an option, people could choose the type of game AND STRATEGY that they wanted to plan.

As it is now, we only CAN play the game as it exist now. OK.......Fine. But please stop saying that to have BINDING treaties would take all the strategy away from the game. Far from the truth............

FLAGG

Exactly...
Why not just road test the 3 options. if one or more of the options are not popular, then they could just hit the trash heap. I think that it would be wise to use this BETA period to iron out these kind of issues. Remember it is not about your own personal likes or dislikes. It IS about variety, and providing for everyone.

Last edited:

ORBOTRON

O.G.
Awesome Player
Glad you liked it ORBO. haha

I do not however, get the quip about the "stetson". .. is that supposed to be some sort of slur towards southerners ?

lol, no, most of my relatives live south of the Mason-Dixon, it was a crack at Fitz's avatar.

ORBOTRON

O.G.
Awesome Player
I've probably got as many relatives in Texas as you do, lol. Brother, sister, nephews, nieces, aunts, cousins, grandpa....
Actually, my mom is down there visiting for a few weeks right now too, haha

Badorties

Boss General (Retired on a Desert Island)
O.G.
Awesome Player
Gentlemen of Leisure
AADOMM
M.C. Play Testers
The Embassy
The Wiki Bar
makes me think D for dunce cap.

Cardinalsrule

Administrator
Staff member
CentCom
Awesome Player
Whiner & CryBaby
Fixed Force Club
AADOMM
Assassins Guild
Enemies of Diplomacy
Generals
Knights of MC Realm
M.C. Clan Council
M.C. Play Testers
The Borg
The Embassy
T.O's.
Kickstarter
yeah, maybe it should say DB

StayPuft

Awesome Player

FLAGG

No one is suggesting this. No one at all.

All that's being said, and you'll note this is a much more defensible claim, is that your version diminishes the complexity of strategy involved. This is not seriously disputable: by making a binding treaty you radically simplify your game, reducing avenues of attack and defence, giving you the possibility of the one-dimensional strategy that almost every map is designed to avoid. Having the possibility of betrayal means that you have more potential eventualities to consider. That means a more complex strategy, accounting for increased uncertainty.

Look, we can't accommodate every single user preference, regardless of how meritless or unpopular. You have to make choices that will eliminate some modes, even those that some players hold to be virtual shibboleths. The choice should, in my mind, always be against excessive simplification and the neutering of the game. AAFitz is right to say that yours is a laughable suggestion.

AAFitz

Awesome Player
M.C. Play Testers
lol, no, most of my relatives live south of the Mason-Dixon, it was a crack at Fitz's avatar.

Lol, I didnt even get it. That's just the gunslinger from the Dark Tower.

Last edited:

AAFitz

Awesome Player
M.C. Play Testers
yeah, maybe it should say DB

Im guessing there had to be some plausible deniability there. Im not exactly sure, but making a DB cap and putting my avatar on there, may just have made mapguy, into thatguy in the eyes of MC.

In any case, it was well done.:congrats:

Last edited:

mapguy

Awesome Player
The image is from The Dark Tower, haha. In any case you know very well the lighthearted nature of this conversation. I think that maybe You yourself are trying to be "that Guy" by acting belligerent here. Just as you did a couple of days ago when you spammed my box with nasty notes. I am truly sorry if you are still upset about the Point Gap thread. But even Orbo commented on how well the subject was handled.
http://gyazo.com/7c4f1f04356c171f392aa5ec1d552f81.png

FLAGG

Awesome Player
M.C. Play Testers
The Borg
Are we not way off the diplomacy topic here???? Or was that topic ended with no changes or options after all that writing :)

FLAGG

RjBeals

Map Commander
O.G.
Awesome Player
AADOMM
way off now, just keep commenting to keep the thread alive.