• Points are back! Read about it HERE

current issues

1 - NEW PLAYERS - Players who created an account on or after Oct 15 2023 are not able to log into the forum
    2 - AWOL - We do not have an AWOL button under the ACTIVE tab yet. Please check each game to see if you are AWOL.
    3 - STUCK GAMES - Some games will not load properly. If you encounter this, please post stuck games HERE

Thanks.

• Welcome to Major Command's RISK Game forum.

If you are a registered player, please log in:

If you are new to Major Command and would like to
    play our RISK game online. Then please sign up here:

Central Comand PLEASE Respond

Status
Not open for further replies.

WPBRJ

Awesome Player
Fixed Force Club
M.C. Play Testers
not even sure this is the right forum to post this but here goes

Ok I have been a member for about 3 to 4 weeks now and have to say I am a bit disappointed at best. Is there anyone in charge here at this site? I have been playing risk for a long time now I have been playing on line for over 15 years and have seen about 6 or 7 sites now start up and shut down. This is a great site except for the lag, the crashes, the break downs, and the biggest of all the lack of communication from the central command and staff. I have seen a very small amount of posts in the forums to this point from them, I can count on one hand how many I actually remember there 14 staff members in centcom and maybe I have seen 6 posts in my time here that is not acceptable to me.

I am certainly not saying there should be a counter post to every post made but at least a post when there are problems. I joined and immediately paid for premium that’s how much I liked the site boy did I jump the gun on that one. While I still love the site I have no more of an idea what’s going on with all the problems now than I did when I first joined and with all respect that’s bull shit. I have never seen a post by most of the staff let alone I have never seen any of them on the site or in games.

This leads me to my question is this site going dead? Are you just taking people’s money and not giving a crap? That money goes to someone and they should be on this site every day talking to his or her customers explaining what’s going on and what they are doing to fix things. Silence is doing nothing more than pissing people off and making them want to leave. Maybe this site needs to go back into Bata for a while so you can work these bugs out.

It’s been 2 days now with games not loading and all we heard from centcom is there look into it. That’s it there look into it; wow that really told me a lot, why can’t they just post saying were sorry for the inconveniences and this bug is XYZ and there hopping to have it fixed by such and such day and time and that they recommended suggestions to this point will work for most players. There are 30 posts from players on fixes but these are temporary at best. The one fix I used was the push pull thing they said it was way slow and the ironic thing about it was it was faster than most of the days that I have played to this point. So not sure why they say it’s slow.

I also think that whoever is taking the money from the players needs to really start to think about returning the money if they so choose to stay silent and not give a fuck about the people that actually care about this game and want to play. I have the right as a paying customer to at least raise these questions and deserve a response. I am not asking for your first born I just as a customer want to know what is going on and what is being done about it and what we as customers can do to help.

i am sure this will be ignored as well by staff and thats a shame this place had such promise!!

R.J.

FLAGG

Awesome Player
M.C. Play Testers
The Borg
Ghost,

I have hanging around this site long enough to think I knew what was going on.........but I guess it is not long enough to really know anything!!!

Actually is there a list posted on this site to know who are the major players involved? I assumed that BADO was in control of everything. Evan used to be a designer. There are some great map makers. The new hope is Cori. And I see under your name that you are the "Chief Ambassador".

Is there an actual list of who does what for this site........

Outside of the issues you are working on now, I think the site is GREAT and you should all be commended.........for allowing me to have so much fun with a childhood game that I never really thought I would become addicted to in adult life! And I am addicted to this site!

Flagg

Upvote 0

Dreadnought

Awesome Player
While myself and many others appreciate Badorties willingness to keep the site running during his spare time, it's nice to see progress and have regular updates. I'd argue that frequent communication between admins/devs and the players are one of the most powerful marketing tools available.

@Badorties - Is there a way to set up a remote server reset and giving 1 - 3 of your loyal devs/mods the ability to reset it for you, at least until the site has been fixed? Surely there's a program out there that's free/able to be pirated. This would definitely help calm the water.

From all of us here at MajCom, we want to thank you Badorties and all of the devs/mods who make this site possible. We appreciate the hard work you guys have been doing and wish only the best as MajCom moves along. :)

+1

Upvote 0

PackerHawkeye

Awesome Player
M.C. Play Testers
The Borg
The Duellers Society
Also, working "relatively well" isn't the term I'd use when games are constantly being decided SOLELY because of the lag. Does that mean the rest of the site doesn't work? No, but the games are the focus and if you can't play a game without an outside force determining (in this case the lag/unresponsiveness) who wins, then it's incredibly frustrating and makes people want to quit.

Gotta disagree with your choice of words here. I've been in a LOT of games over the past month and only a small handful were decided or greatly affected by site downtime. I'm speaking causal games only, of course. If someone were playing a lot of real time games I could see that being a huge problem. One of a few reasons I haven't played a real time game for many months. The current state of the site does make real time games a big gamble.

Upvote 0

lh34

Awesome Player
Gotta disagree with your choice of words here. I've been in a LOT of games over the past month and only a small handful were decided or greatly affected by site downtime. I'm speaking causal games only, of course. If someone were playing a lot of real time games I could see that being a huge problem. One of a few reasons I haven't played a real time game for many months. The current state of the site does make real time games a big gamble.

+1 here. Since I've come back I've never missed a turn and there has only been 1 turn that I wasn't able to finish outside of real-time games, which I will agree are essentially unplayable right now.

Upvote 0

Badorties

Boss General (Retired on a Desert Island)
O.G.
Awesome Player
Gentlemen of Leisure
AADOMM
M.C. Play Testers
The Embassy
The Wiki Bar
+1 here. Since I've come back I've never missed a turn and there has only been 1 turn that I wasn't able to finish outside of real-time games, which I will agree are essentially unplayable right now.

Yeah... to be honest, I think we should shut down RT games until its in a better spot.

Upvote 0

steelrain

Awesome Player
Outside of the issues you are working on now, I think the site is GREAT and you should all be commended.........for allowing me to have so much fun with a childhood game that I never really thought I would become addicted to in adult life! And I am addicted to this site!

Bado, here is the interpretation of what each of our inner-child is really trying to say: "We love MajCom! We have caught your dream, and we can't wait for MajCom to become the amazing site it has the potential to become. Yes, we are impatient children, stomping our feet, occasionally throwing tantrums, but the truth is, we love what you are doing. We are here talking about updates not because we feel you aren't developing the site fast enough (okay, maybe just a little), but because we care about MajCom as much (or nearly as much) as you do. We want to see it succeed."

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Badorties

O.G.
Awesome Player
Gentlemen of Leisure
AADOMM
M.C. Play Testers
The Embassy
The Wiki Bar
Thanks Steel, I appreciate it.

Upvote 0

linkintheory13

Awesome Player
Fixed Force Club
Generals
League of Shadows
M.C. Play Testers
The Duellers Society
Bado, here is the interpretation of what each of our inner-child is really trying to say: "We love MajCom! We have caught your dream, and we can't wait for MajCom to become the amazing site it has the potential to become. Yes, we are impatient children, stomping our feet, occasionally throwing tantrums, but the truth is, we love what you are doing. We are here talking about updates not because we feel you aren't developing the site fast enough (okay, maybe just a little), but because we care about MajCom as much (or nearly as much) as you do. We want to see it succeed."

Exactly! Thanks for all you do Bado!

Upvote 0

th-child

Administrator
CentCom
Awesome Player
Whiner & CryBaby
Fixed Force Club
Generals
M.C. Play Testers
The Borg
The Duellers Society
T.O's.

+1
Absolutely +1.

Upvote 0

pahtoz

Awesome Player
LEGITpatience_zps3f10c430.jpg
[/IMG]
picresized_1273524138_Patience_zps8d170f81.png
[/IMG]

Upvote 0

Badorties

O.G.
Awesome Player
Gentlemen of Leisure
AADOMM
M.C. Play Testers
The Embassy
The Wiki Bar
Will update you guys on Friday.

Upvote 0

stone123

Awesome Player
Cosa Nostra
M.C. Play Testers
ERM....What Friday will that be then Bado?

unless i missed it.

Upvote 0

stone123

Awesome Player
Cosa Nostra
M.C. Play Testers
Cheers lh34....my bad i totally missed it

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.