• Points are back! Read about it HERE

current issues

1 - NEW PLAYERS - Players who created an account on or after Oct 15 2023 are not able to log into the forum
    2 - AWOL - We do not have an AWOL button under the ACTIVE tab yet. Please check each game to see if you are AWOL.
    3 - STUCK GAMES - Some games will not load properly. If you encounter this, please post stuck games HERE

Thanks.

• Welcome to Major Command's RISK Game forum.

If you are a registered player, please log in:

If you are new to Major Command and would like to
    play our RISK game online. Then please sign up here:

Central Comand PLEASE Respond

Status
Not open for further replies.

WPBRJ

Awesome Player
Fixed Force Club
M.C. Play Testers
not even sure this is the right forum to post this but here goes

Ok I have been a member for about 3 to 4 weeks now and have to say I am a bit disappointed at best. Is there anyone in charge here at this site? I have been playing risk for a long time now I have been playing on line for over 15 years and have seen about 6 or 7 sites now start up and shut down. This is a great site except for the lag, the crashes, the break downs, and the biggest of all the lack of communication from the central command and staff. I have seen a very small amount of posts in the forums to this point from them, I can count on one hand how many I actually remember there 14 staff members in centcom and maybe I have seen 6 posts in my time here that is not acceptable to me.

I am certainly not saying there should be a counter post to every post made but at least a post when there are problems. I joined and immediately paid for premium that’s how much I liked the site boy did I jump the gun on that one. While I still love the site I have no more of an idea what’s going on with all the problems now than I did when I first joined and with all respect that’s bull shit. I have never seen a post by most of the staff let alone I have never seen any of them on the site or in games.

This leads me to my question is this site going dead? Are you just taking people’s money and not giving a crap? That money goes to someone and they should be on this site every day talking to his or her customers explaining what’s going on and what they are doing to fix things. Silence is doing nothing more than pissing people off and making them want to leave. Maybe this site needs to go back into Bata for a while so you can work these bugs out.

It’s been 2 days now with games not loading and all we heard from centcom is there look into it. That’s it there look into it; wow that really told me a lot, why can’t they just post saying were sorry for the inconveniences and this bug is XYZ and there hopping to have it fixed by such and such day and time and that they recommended suggestions to this point will work for most players. There are 30 posts from players on fixes but these are temporary at best. The one fix I used was the push pull thing they said it was way slow and the ironic thing about it was it was faster than most of the days that I have played to this point. So not sure why they say it’s slow.

I also think that whoever is taking the money from the players needs to really start to think about returning the money if they so choose to stay silent and not give a fuck about the people that actually care about this game and want to play. I have the right as a paying customer to at least raise these questions and deserve a response. I am not asking for your first born I just as a customer want to know what is going on and what is being done about it and what we as customers can do to help.

i am sure this will be ignored as well by staff and thats a shame this place had such promise!!

R.J.

KungFuDuet

Kung Fu Master
CentCom
Awesome Player
AADOMM
M.C. Play Testers
The Wiki Bar
M.C. Youtubers
Currently I am reading a programming book, to learn some java coding just to use up my unemployment time until college/uni. One thing I can tell you guys is that I don't think recoding is that easy and simple like you might think.

Most importantly tho, it is not like you can dive your head in right away into something. Planning is needed - or else you might have to go back to square one half way through, destroying everything you just did.

Upvote 0

ghost

Chief Ambassador
Awesome Player
to funny i made 2 posts yesterday and bado was on the site when i made them both they were back to back posts and the one here was the 2nd one. he posted after me on the the first one about pretty much of a nothing topic that meant absolutely nothing and this one he said nothing. i guess i see where he is at it certainly is not on fixing or communicating with the players here on this site!

you have a lot of nerve saying something like this.
let me point a few things out clearly to you that you might not be aware of.. Bado, he's been working his ass off trying to find someone to get this site resolved ever since Evan decided to NOT communicate with him and pretty much roll away without a word to him. he's not a developer and never claimed to be, but this site is a 'dream' he has and he's done the best he can to get it running as best he can. he's constantly checking site stats and restarting the server.. this isn't his only 'job', he's not some 20 something college tech grad that has time to burn. he's a normal 30 something man with a family of 3 kids he works his ass off for. and then comes here, and reads the disappointment. he understands why it's there, and wishes it was as simple as pressing a button and all your troubles going away. but that's just not the case, and he's not skilled in the art of coding enough to fix the problems himself. trust me, if he could he would.

he doesn't want to just close the site, so he scans and searches for someone he can afford to come in and resolve the issues. for all of YOU. he's hoping he found that in Cory. but if not, then what? then he puts more work in.. it's not like he's making a fortune off this site, the costs for hosting and payment processing alone come mostly out of his pocket. why is he doing it? if it's a 'hardship' and not a 'gain'.. because he see's something in this site that all of you can't. he knows given the proper developer at his side, this site has the potential to be something.

Jess aka Bado, he's not a dick for not being communicative.. he's doing things to try and give you all something he can be communicative about. as i said before, he doesn't want to just close the site.. not without giving it a fair shot. so that's what he's been doing. looking all over for someone HE can afford.. someone mentioned him asking for donations that could then pay for a developer, so he wasn't taking money from the mouths of his children to cover costs.. it's a good idea, and if Cory (crosses fingers) doesn't pull through for him.. it's one he will entertain, i'm sure.

the team of mapmakers alone, are not just amazing artists, but people he considers friends.. do you not think he feels pressure to try and please everyone from every corner? of course he does.. he doesn't want to let anyone down. and in some ways feels like he already has. but the actions of others cannot entirely be placed on Bado's shoulders. the site has remained in Beta because well.. if he took it out of Beta, and all of these issues arouse, then what would he have? an even bigger mess.

He's got a man, Cory, whose taken a look at the site before Christmas and reassured him that he can help. Jess had a choice to make, trust him.. let him help, pay him in tears and blood.. or... close the site down, apologize to all of you (which for the record he HAS done that, appologize) and walk away. the latter is not how Jess works. I've known this man for 10 years, and let me tell each of you.. he puts his all into everything he does. He's not some rich guy sitting off wanking it while you all post complaints and moan about slowness.. he's a hardworking guy, with a passion for the game, and the want to see this site become what one day it will. the best fucking Risk gaming site online.

now that said... understand something. i don't often go off like this, but when you're sitting here speaking in absolutes, and really, they're just opinions.. well, i kind of feel like i need to shed some light on the picture. does it suck that the site is slow moving? hell yes. does it suck that things don't load properly sometimes? hell yes. does it suck that most of the time lately (it seems to some of you) there's more bugs then smooth playing? hell yes. but don't for one second think that Bado doesn't give a fuck, or that he's not doing everything he can to help. the only reason this site isn't offline right this second, is because he's paid the hosting.

Upvote 0

Badorties

Boss General (Retired on a Desert Island)
O.G.
Awesome Player
Gentlemen of Leisure
AADOMM
M.C. Play Testers
The Embassy
The Wiki Bar
What ghost said. I said I would keep you updated and I will. We are still exploring the best way to go about this re-code from a tech/infrastructure perspective. The most successful coding projects usually have a fair amount of planning in them. It's something MC could have used the first time around. Cory likely could have gone in an patched a few things up but the underlying issues would still be there. We want to extend MC lease for another few years, not months, so to speak.

Upvote 0

Cardinalsrule

Administrator
Staff member
CentCom
Awesome Player
Whiner & CryBaby
Fixed Force Club
AADOMM
Assassins Guild
Enemies of Diplomacy
Generals
Knights of MC Realm
M.C. Clan Council
M.C. Play Testers
The Borg
The Embassy
T.O's.
Kickstarter
Fair enough. For the times that I've bitched unfairly, I apologize. But, can we have more regular updates on what's going on? Last anyone heard, there was going to be an upgrade over the holidays, which have come and gone. I think that everyone will be happy to wait as long as it takes as long as there's communication.

Upvote 0

Badorties

O.G.
Awesome Player
Gentlemen of Leisure
AADOMM
M.C. Play Testers
The Embassy
The Wiki Bar
Fair enough. For the times that I've bitched unfairly, I apologize. But, can we have more regular updates on what's going on? Last anyone heard, there was going to be an upgrade over the holidays, which have come and gone. I think that everyone will be happy to wait as long as it takes as long as there's communication.

Sorry, the re-code was to begin around the Christmas break, not be complete then.

Upvote 0

Cardinalsrule

Administrator
Staff member
CentCom
Awesome Player
Whiner & CryBaby
Fixed Force Club
AADOMM
Assassins Guild
Enemies of Diplomacy
Generals
Knights of MC Realm
M.C. Clan Council
M.C. Play Testers
The Borg
The Embassy
T.O's.
Kickstarter
I understand that, and understand that it takes time. All I really want is maybe an update every week or two as to how its going, just one or two lines saying, "we're doing this right now, next will be....." That will, I believe, keep the unwashed masses happy.

Upvote 0

WPBRJ

Awesome Player
Fixed Force Club
M.C. Play Testers
Well let’s start off by saying I am sure Jess (Bado) is a great husband, father, person as well I am sure you are a wonderful wife, mother, and person in general. I am sure he has a great respect for the game as well as a passion for it and I am pretty sure he would do anything to make this site better as well as be working right all the time. I am also sure he is working his ass off as we all do in real life I work my ass off as well in real life. For me this site is an escape from real life and I need it to take me out of myself to have a little piece of mind just killing an opponent. I am sure everyone here has their own reason for loving this place, it is the best I have seen to this date and I want it to work. Even with the problems it is still better than anything out there and yes that includes the working site at CC which a lot of us came from.

I think you’re looking at people posting as attacks or complaining if this is the way you and your husband look at things neither of you have learned nothing from this thread. No one is trying to hurt you or question you on how hard you’re working or even if there is a passion for the site. This thread is a well thought out thread by many players that really love this game and they are trying to help and give their own experience strength and hope to you freely. Don’t be so proud were not your enemy where here to play a game we love and if needed try and help you guys if we can.

I personally have offered my help thru an email to Bado 5 weeks ago and I still have not had a response from him, by no response all I can do is assume he does not care. I also requested a friend invitation to him and that was ignored as well. If he would have just taken 1 min to respond “no we don’t need your help” and “no I don’t want to be your friend” then all I think is, you don’t need my help and I’ll let it go. Same goes here I posted and I see him post in another thread after my post and nothing here or anywhere where someone was asking for an update and no response. All the silence does is let us assume nothing is being done we were told over xmass break recoding would take place and well xmass is over. Put yourself in the player’s shoes we are just as passionate about this game as you are and you would be doing the same thing asking what’s going on and I am 100% sure you would expect a response just like we expect it. Your own staff does not even know what going from what I have seen posted by them.

Stop looking at posts from people that are asking questions about what’s going on as complaining were not complaining, stop being so sensitive, were just trying to find out what’s going on. All we have to go on is what you have told us and it’s been 5 weeks since you have told us anything. From what you last said is that you found a programmer and he was going to re write the program to fix everything thru xmass vaca. That’s all we know and you went right back to posting nothing on the subject. All were asking for is an update tell us if it is going slow, if it’s going slow. Tell us it’s taking more time if that is what is going on, all you have to do is speak and that will shut every one up.

We are behind you 100 percent and all we need is too be communicated too by you, don’t leave us in the dark talk to us. This whole thread is easy to sum it up, talk to us give us updates, don’t sit there and try to get everything done before you post something. I posted what I did because my posts were being IGNORED and every player here was being ignored and that is not good practice. That is what this whole thread is about, read it you obviously did not get it the first time thru reading it. By you not posting on this subject will make the players think you don’t care and that nothing is being done. Any post is better than no post and even if it’s a bad news post it still is better than nothing. You’re in the public eye and need to act like you care and posting is a sign of caring answering players questions that post is a sign of caring not only for the customer but the site itself. If you’re not doing this all we have to go on is our own assumptions, and you can’t get mad at us for that, it is not our fault that you are not posting answers to questions being asked!!!!

So do I have a lot of nerve ya maybe. In your eyes maybe I do, but in my eyes I just want to be treated with respect. When I ask a question and see many others ask the same question it should be answered not ignored even if it is telling us bad news we deserve that respect and we are not getting that respect. You will lose players with lack of respect and they won’t come back even if you fix the site.

If Bado would have posted this a week or two ago there would have been no posts from the player’s asking what’s going on!!!!!!

What ghost said. I said I would keep you updated and I will. We are still exploring the best way to go about this re-code from a tech/infrastructure perspective. The most successful coding projects usually have a fair amount of planning in them. It's something MC could have used the first time around. Cory likely could have gone in an patched a few things up but the underlying issues would still be there. We want to extend MC lease for another few years, not months, so to speak.

He even said and I quote “I said I would keep you updated and I will.” This has not been the case to this point!!!!!!!! Sorry if this hurts your feeling but some time the truth hurts!!!!!

Gl with your site I will not care anymore if caring just means getting blasted by the owner’s and or just plain old being ignored by the them!!!!!

Upvote 0

Badorties

O.G.
Awesome Player
Gentlemen of Leisure
AADOMM
M.C. Play Testers
The Embassy
The Wiki Bar
Uhg... If I had known that a week ago I would have posted it. I said I in the blog post I would update you "as I know more about progress". If I don't post any updates, consider it me not knowing any more. I think we can all chill out a little here.

Upvote 0

patsfan44

Awesome Player
AADOMM
M.C. Play Testers
Uhg... If I had known that a week ago I would have posted it. I said I in the blog post I would update you "as I know more about progress". If I don't post any updates, consider it me not knowing any more. I think we can all chill out a little here.

+1

Upvote 0

stone123

Awesome Player
Cosa Nostra
M.C. Play Testers
Not to stir things up but....I tottally agree with what Everything WPBRJ just posted (WHOLE HEARTEDLY)

At the same time im a bit peeved by some comments that ghost said in regards to us all complaining and moaning. I understand the comments are from someone who is standing up for her hubby and maybe made in anger.......but if something dont work properly you cant really blame the consumer for criticism.
Sorry Bado but the whole point of this thread was that people wanted feedback/updates weather there was any developments or not.
Like someone said before xmas as long as ppl know whats going on it really dont matter if there is developments or not. I dont think you have grasped that concept or if u have you really dont care that much.

Yes family/work and other committments means time is short.. but thats what it takes to run a business ,extra effort. Im not preaching but yes i know i sound patronising but just one message a week to say... UPDATE sorry guys struggling to re write the code doing all we can..i bet you, you would have a hundred `thanks` for the update

I respect WPBRJ for saying all he did because he is obviously passionate about this site and was not rude to anyone but to tell the truth i think we all have reason to be rude for the way this site went on for six months without any updates....TOTAL LACK OF RESPECT

Upvote 0

Badorties

O.G.
Awesome Player
Gentlemen of Leisure
AADOMM
M.C. Play Testers
The Embassy
The Wiki Bar
Well If you want a weekly update, even if there is no progress, I can do that. I will start another dedicated thread.

Upvote 0

lh34

Awesome Player
I guess a weekly update would be nice, but I don't get why people are so worked up over this. The site is working relatively well, and there are people like Bado putting in thankless work trying to make this a great risk site, that can be used and played free of charge. People need to stop expecting daily updates and constant improvements. This isn't a site run by a team of developers, it's a site run by a seemingly normal guy with a family. It hopefully will get better but why worry or complain about it? Enjoy the site, don't unnecessarily criticize the way it's being run

Upvote 0

KungFuDuet

Kung Fu Master
CentCom
Awesome Player
AADOMM
M.C. Play Testers
The Wiki Bar
M.C. Youtubers
This isn't a site run by a team of developers, it's a site run by a seemingly normal guy with a family.

Hey!!!! watch it! Who says developers can't be normal with a family? :p

Upvote 0

KungFuDuet

Kung Fu Master
CentCom
Awesome Player
AADOMM
M.C. Play Testers
The Wiki Bar
M.C. Youtubers
I am way better than romney.

I am a Kung Fu Master (like it says below my username!)

Upvote 0

PKHustle

Awesome Player
Well If you want a weekly update, even if there is no progress, I can do that. I will start another dedicated thread.

This would be nice, it'd reassure people you're not forgetting about the site and it'd remind everyone that the site is being worked on. Is there a rough ETA? A month perhaps? How much work was able to be accomplished over the Christmas break?

I guess a weekly update would be nice, but I don't get why people are so worked up over this. The site is working relatively well, and there are people like Bado putting in thankless work trying to make this a great risk site, that can be used and played free of charge. People need to stop expecting daily updates and constant improvements. This isn't a site run by a team of developers, it's a site run by a seemingly normal guy with a family. It hopefully will get better but why worry or complain about it? Enjoy the site, don't unnecessarily criticize the way it's being run

I don't get why people keep saying things like this. Who's freaking out? Who's getting worked up? No one is expecting anything, people are REQUESTING an update after much silence. There are a lot of people who're sticking around because it's been said that the rework is on its way. Also, working "relatively well" isn't the term I'd use when games are constantly being decided SOLELY because of the lag. Does that mean the rest of the site doesn't work? No, but the games are the focus and if you can't play a game without an outside force determining (in this case the lag/unresponsiveness) who wins, then it's incredibly frustrating and makes people want to quit.

trying to make this a great risk site, that can be used and played free of charge.

This is irritating to read as well, because while it can be played free of charge, there's also a membership that people can and have purchased which makes the whole "don't bitch cause it's free" argument invalid. It's a service people are paying for. Would it be wrong for me to call AT&T and complain because my 6 meg internet, which I pay for, is only getting 1.4 down? No, it wouldn't.

While myself and many others appreciate Badorties willingness to keep the site running during his spare time, it's nice to see progress and have regular updates. I'd argue that frequent communication between admins/devs and the players are one of the most powerful marketing tools available.

@Badorties - Is there a way to set up a remote server reset and giving 1 - 3 of your loyal devs/mods the ability to reset it for you, at least until the site has been fixed? Surely there's a program out there that's free/able to be pirated. This would definitely help calm the water.

From all of us here at MajCom, we want to thank you Badorties and all of the devs/mods who make this site possible. We appreciate the hard work you guys have been doing and wish only the best as MajCom moves along. :)

Upvote 0

lh34

Awesome Player
This is irritating to read as well, because while it can be played free of charge, there's also a membership that people can and have purchased which makes the whole "don't bitch cause it's free" argument invalid. It's a service people are paying for. Would it be wrong for me to call AT&T and complain because my 6 meg internet, which I pay for, is only getting 1.4 down? No, it wouldn't.

Fair enough. I'm looking at it from a non-paying member's view. I can see that it could get frustrating.

Upvote 0

Cardinalsrule

Administrator
Staff member
CentCom
Awesome Player
Whiner & CryBaby
Fixed Force Club
AADOMM
Assassins Guild
Enemies of Diplomacy
Generals
Knights of MC Realm
M.C. Clan Council
M.C. Play Testers
The Borg
The Embassy
T.O's.
Kickstarter
so pony up $10 and help Bado make this a better site, you deadbeat ;)

jk

Upvote 0

FLAGG

Awesome Player
M.C. Play Testers
The Borg
OK.........I am reading and catching up on all these posts. Few things:

1) This is an awesome site. Appreciate the efforts in trying to make it better. Excited for the future. I believe it will happen.

2) BADO and Ghost are married? I have been on this site forever. How do I not know these things that everyone else does :)

3) I agree with some of the posts about a weekly update. I would look forward to it, if it came out at a specific time every week. Rather then Bado trying to take time to answer every posts, just send out an update, on a consistent basis.

Maybe it is a forum thread called "BADO's SITE UPDATES" that NO ONE ELSE can post on - so that if we want to get most up to date status it is easy to read with out going through everyone else's comments (this thread seems fine for other peoples opinions).

Even if the weekly update was "Nothing to report this week.........re-coding issues still being looked at as to how to proceed......." We would feel like we got some info!

I actually think this would be a cool thread even when the site is working lighting fast all the time in the future. You could continue it to let us know things like when an improvement had happened or a new map was coming on line, etc, etc. It could be your communication thread to the masses.......

Flagg

Upvote 0

ghost

Chief Ambassador
Awesome Player

this!!! <3

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.